Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Modern Warfare 3: Fallen Nation

OP ri4naire

10th March 2012, 05:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

44 posts
Totally works if you modify the build.prop. I altered model, brand, name, device, board, and manufacturer to that described here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=10

Got annoyed when they wouldn't even let me purchase the game under the $.49 sale in case I upgraded later. Oh well, workaround achieved.

[edit] I should have mentioned that before you do anything make a backup in CWM. Now, I'll be working on today seeing if i can freeze the app before a restore and then get it working again. Changing the build.prop can have some unforeseen consequences such as Swype having now lost its license. [/edit]
Last edited by ri4naire; 10th March 2012 at 03:03 PM.
10th March 2012, 02:06 PM   |  #2  
Flag Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 6

248 posts
would you mind showing some proof. and if i do do it, do i just edit the lines that he has in red?
10th March 2012, 03:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by okachowwa

would you mind showing some proof. and if i do do it, do i just edit the lines that he has in red?

Not necessarily, what I've figured out is that at most you have to change the six lines defining the terms I mentioned in the first post. Link is just for reference.

As far as proof I might make a video when I can get around to it. Maybe even showing SixAxisController at work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
10th March 2012, 07:52 PM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 77

441 posts
More
It works i just did it but i tricked it into thinking its a nexus s

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
11th March 2012, 05:03 AM   |  #5  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 8

246 posts
More
which lines did you put?

Sent from my MB865 using XDA
12th March 2012, 12:17 AM   |  #6  
Flag Chicago

441 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ari197

which lines did you put?

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

I went to the top where is said model and changed to Nexus S and it worked

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
20th March 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #7  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 332

645 posts
More
I recently changed my build.prop to "Droid3" specs so I could download and play modern combat 3, however I noticed that after I had done so, my accelerometer took a dump. Like, did not work at all.

It didn't even work after I changed my BP back to my normal Atrix2 specs. (After a reboot of course)

Luckily (thank you recovery) I had made a backup right before I changed the BP, and was able to go back in time two hours and get my accelerometer working again.

Anyone else ran into this?
The Following User Says Thank You to Fall of Enosis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2012, 03:47 AM   |  #8  
Flag Chicago

441 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall of Enosis

I recently changed my build.prop to "Droid3" specs so I could download and play modern combat 3, however I noticed that after I had done so, my accelerometer took a dump. Like, did not work at all.

It didn't even work after I changed my BP back to my normal Atrix2 specs. (After a reboot of course)

Luckily (thank you recovery) I had made a backup right before I changed the BP, and was able to go back in time two hours and get my accelerometer working again.

Anyone else ran into this?

No try nexus s trick

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
25th March 2012, 07:35 AM   |  #9  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 364

1,413 posts
More
I'm late to this and I'm not being an ass but it's called modern combat, not modern warfare. Sorry stuff like that just drives me nuts.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
25th March 2012, 07:17 PM   |  #10  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 332

645 posts
More
I said "modern combat" in my post....

Anyways the nexus s trick doesn't work for me. I think you need to change just more than the name in the phone.

Quite possibly board as well?

If someone has got this to really work without screwing up some important part of their phone maybe you can post it a screenie of your build?

EDIT: Or maybe can lay out all the specs required for the nexus s?

Sent from my Atrix2 using XDA
Last edited by Fall of Enosis; 25th March 2012 at 07:19 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread