Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

My Armband review for our phones :)

OP arctic84

10th March 2012, 05:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74

206 posts
More
Hi guys, I didn't find a review on an armband specific to our phones so I figured I'd pick one up and review it. This armband from eBay isn't specific to our phones, but works great.

It fits nearly perfect, just the speaker hole is in a different area but you still hear it through the material. Build quality and material is actually pretty good and I'm very happy with the purchase. Fitment is great very comfortable. Touchscreen works perfectly If you guys are interested, checkout the video and if you're interested you can click to go to the youtube page where you'll find more information regarding where I picked it up. Hope some of you find this helpful!

For those of you who are interested, I have provided the link to the seller below:

http://stores.ebay.com/My-GadgetGara..._sid=803118245

Again, i'm not endorsed or sponsored in anyway. I bought it myself and just wanted to share my experience with you guys.
Last edited by arctic84; 17th March 2012 at 07:27 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to arctic84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2012, 02:28 PM   |  #2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 49

870 posts
More
video doesn't work
10th March 2012, 07:12 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

206 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasitoc

video doesn't work

That's rather odd, it seems to load on my computer (using google chrome).. please try again and let me know if it's still not working.
10th March 2012, 09:02 PM   |  #4  
Flag Toledo, OH
Thanks Meter: 357

1,691 posts
Donate to Me
More
Seems to work fine here.

Nice video and review. The seller does not seem to sell the armband anymore though, I checked his store...
12th March 2012, 12:14 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

206 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlehqls

Seems to work fine here.

Nice video and review. The seller does not seem to sell the armband anymore though, I checked his store...

i found it and linked it below if anyone's interested. It's actually a bit more than i originally expected to pay but still cheaper than any retail

http://stores.ebay.com/My-GadgetGara..._sid=803118245
The Following User Says Thank You to arctic84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2012, 08:28 AM   |  #6  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 99

950 posts
More
how is the velcro? does it stay on pretty well? The ones I've owned never really stay on my arm well.
16th March 2012, 02:30 AM   |  #7  
Flag Cumming, Ga.
Thanks Meter: 66

832 posts
More
Thank you for sharing. I'm going to start running soon and this is exactly what I need.
17th March 2012, 07:23 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

206 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefvvl

how is the velcro? does it stay on pretty well? The ones I've owned never really stay on my arm well.

In all honesty i'm not quite so sure, it seems to do just fine on my arm but as with all armbands it may eventually begin to slide down your arm due to gravity and movement from running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badaphooko01

Thank you for sharing. I'm going to start running soon and this is exactly what I need.

I hope it suits your needs!
25th March 2012, 11:59 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

206 posts
More
::follow up::
finally had a chance to do some more jogging with this and it holds place on my arm quite well, the band is a bit stiffer on my arm but it surprisingly does not slide down my arm at all. Jogged about 4 miles straight and it's doing a great job so far.
27th March 2012, 12:29 PM   |  #10  
Flag Charleston, SC
Thanks Meter: 33

37 posts
More
I decided to pick one up after seeing the video. It's a pretty decent arm band that seems well constructed. Phone slides in and out pretty easily and it stays pretty secure around my arm during my runs. Unless you have really scrawny arms, you shouldn't have a problem with the fit of the arm band.

Since it's made from neoprene, it's going to get pretty hot and sweaty underneath after a while, especially if you're doing anything aerobic. It's a good idea to take it off after your workout and lay it out to dry off. Probably wouldn't hurt to toss it into the laundry every now and then so it doesn't get too stinky.

The combined weight of the phone and armband isn't too bad, but I find it's noticeable when I'm running. I'm probably going to alternate wearing it on each arm for my runs.

Despite the speaker cut out being on the opposite side, sounds the phone makes are still pretty audible even at half volume

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
arm, armband, band
Previous Thread Next Thread