5,597,501 Members 31,355 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My Armband review for our phones :)

Tip us?

arctic84
Old
(Last edited by arctic84; 17th March 2012 at 07:27 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Thumbs up My Armband review for our phones :)

Hi guys, I didn't find a review on an armband specific to our phones so I figured I'd pick one up and review it. This armband from eBay isn't specific to our phones, but works great.

It fits nearly perfect, just the speaker hole is in a different area but you still hear it through the material. Build quality and material is actually pretty good and I'm very happy with the purchase. Fitment is great very comfortable. Touchscreen works perfectly If you guys are interested, checkout the video and if you're interested you can click to go to the youtube page where you'll find more information regarding where I picked it up. Hope some of you find this helpful!

For those of you who are interested, I have provided the link to the seller below:

http://stores.ebay.com/My-GadgetGara..._sid=803118245

Again, i'm not endorsed or sponsored in anyway. I bought it myself and just wanted to share my experience with you guys.
Please hit the THANKS button if you like what I'm sharing!

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Samsung GNote 3 - TWEAKED

LG G2 - Samsung GNote 2- HTC Sensation - Mytouch 3G slide - Samsung Galaxy S III - HTC ONE - Samsung Galaxy Nexus (I9250) - Samsung Galaxy s2 (Hercules) - T-mobile G2x - HTC HD2 - Titan 2 - Touch Diamond 2 - T-mobile Dash
The Following User Says Thank You to arctic84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tomasitoc
Old
Thanks Meter 48
video doesn't work

arctic84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasitoc View Post
video doesn't work
That's rather odd, it seems to load on my computer (using google chrome).. please try again and let me know if it's still not working.

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

LG G2 - Samsung GNote 2- HTC Sensation - Mytouch 3G slide - Samsung Galaxy S III - HTC ONE - Samsung Galaxy Nexus (I9250) - Samsung Galaxy s2 (Hercules) - T-mobile G2x - HTC HD2 - Titan 2 - Touch Diamond 2 - T-mobile Dash

chlehqls
Old
Thanks Meter 351

DONATE TO ME
Seems to work fine here.

Nice video and review. The seller does not seem to sell the armband anymore though, I checked his store...
[Retired Devices: LG LX370, EVO 3D, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Nexus]

Current Device: Nexus 4, Samsung Chromebook
Android Version: 4.2.2
ROM: Stock
Kernel: Stock or Faux's

Click HERE for 2GB of free DropBox storage plus we get more storage!

arctic84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlehqls View Post
Seems to work fine here.

Nice video and review. The seller does not seem to sell the armband anymore though, I checked his store...
i found it and linked it below if anyone's interested. It's actually a bit more than i originally expected to pay but still cheaper than any retail

http://stores.ebay.com/My-GadgetGara..._sid=803118245

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

The Following User Says Thank You to arctic84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Beefvvl
Old
Thanks Meter 99
how is the velcro? does it stay on pretty well? The ones I've owned never really stay on my arm well.
Lagfix: None
Launcher: Holo Launcher HD
Themes/Mods: International Boot Animation
Recovery: TWRP

If my post helped you, be sure to click the Thanks button.

FORUM RULES
Rule #1= SEARCH before posting

PREVIOUS PHONES
Samsung Vibrant
Samsung Galaxy S4G
Samsung Galaxy SII
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Samsung Galaxy Note II

badaphooko01
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Thank you for sharing. I'm going to start running soon and this is exactly what I need.

Current devices:
My Device: Galaxy S3 T999 running INFAMOUS
Wife's Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 stock
Son's Device : Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 stock
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 running AOKP
Apple IPad 2

Retired devices:
Htc G1
Htc My touch 4g
Hp Touchpad
Samsung Vibrant
Samsung Galaxy S2

arctic84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefvvl View Post
how is the velcro? does it stay on pretty well? The ones I've owned never really stay on my arm well.
In all honesty i'm not quite so sure, it seems to do just fine on my arm but as with all armbands it may eventually begin to slide down your arm due to gravity and movement from running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badaphooko01 View Post
Thank you for sharing. I'm going to start running soon and this is exactly what I need.
I hope it suits your needs!

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

arctic84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Default ::follow up::

finally had a chance to do some more jogging with this and it holds place on my arm quite well, the band is a bit stiffer on my arm but it surprisingly does not slide down my arm at all. Jogged about 4 miles straight and it's doing a great job so far.

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

imabug
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I decided to pick one up after seeing the video. It's a pretty decent arm band that seems well constructed. Phone slides in and out pretty easily and it stays pretty secure around my arm during my runs. Unless you have really scrawny arms, you shouldn't have a problem with the fit of the arm band.

Since it's made from neoprene, it's going to get pretty hot and sweaty underneath after a while, especially if you're doing anything aerobic. It's a good idea to take it off after your workout and lay it out to dry off. Probably wouldn't hurt to toss it into the laundry every now and then so it doesn't get too stinky.

The combined weight of the phone and armband isn't too bad, but I find it's noticeable when I'm running. I'm probably going to alternate wearing it on each arm for my runs.

Despite the speaker cut out being on the opposite side, sounds the phone makes are still pretty audible even at half volume

Tags
arm, armband, band