Case feed back

OP Koizuma

10th March 2012, 09:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 65

732 posts
More
I'm looking for some ideas on cases for the sgs2, just ordered mine yesterday and should be here sometime next week so I'm wanting to shop around for a decent case that gives great protection and not much bulk. Right now on my captivate I run an otterbox commuter case that I really love, bit not entirely sure on the commuter design for the sgs2. So any feed back on the different cases that everyone likes would be much appreciated.

Swyped from my SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App
10th March 2012, 11:31 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 22

356 posts
I wanted very, very little bulk since I normally don't even use a case. Ended up with this "semi rigid" case from Incipio.

http://www.myincipio.com/Samsung-Gal...Shell-Case.asp

Looks pretty nice. Technically it's similar to a silicone case I guess, but it's so rigid that it's like a hard shell. 50/50
11th March 2012, 12:26 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
loving my otter box commuter (for the international). Sucks I may need to find a new one..have to order a new extended battery quick for sxsw...
12th March 2012, 05:39 AM   |  #4  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 23

71 posts
More
SGP Neo Hybrid EX
I've tried a LOT of different cases, more than I'd like to admit. This is the one you want - light weight, protects well, has the best screen protector included, if you need one (I don't use it, but I don't put my phone in my pocket with keys). It's also very durable - you won't need another case after this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005O50ON4

The one thing that you have to do is to make a hole in it, which isn't too difficult. Instructions are in this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1303949
12th March 2012, 06:59 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 18

153 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Acclude

loving my otter box commuter (for the international). Sucks I may need to find a new one..have to order a new extended battery quick for sxsw...

Same on the commuter, not sure why people need a new battery I get 15-20 hours with heavy use and a 3-4 hour screen time. I use Entropy's Daily and setCPU to underclock when screen is locked.. On a low use day I can go 24 hours+
12th March 2012, 10:45 AM   |  #6  
Flag Monmouth, OR
Thanks Meter: 73

562 posts
More
I love the commuter for i777. Great case, adds very little bulk. Does add some weight but it's not bad at all. Already saved from a few drops haha. Everything is easily accessible too. I love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
12th March 2012, 07:28 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 65

732 posts
More
Gives me some insight on some cases

my only real concern for the otterbox was how the hard shell doesn't cover the corners of the phone with the hard shell part of it, I love the commuter case i got on my cappy but theres been a few times that i dropped it and it landed on one of those corners. zhow thick is the silicon on the corners on the SGS2 commuter?

from this picture of the cases doesnt look to protected on the corners of it :P
13th March 2012, 02:46 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 18

153 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koizuma

Gives me some insight on some cases

my only real concern for the otterbox was how the hard shell doesn't cover the corners of the phone with the hard shell part of it, I love the commuter case i got on my cappy but theres been a few times that i dropped it and it landed on one of those corners. zhow thick is the silicon on the corners on the SGS2 commuter?

from this picture of the cases doesnt look to protected on the corners of it :P

It's pretty thick and it feels incredibly solid, I have dropped it many times without issues..
13th March 2012, 02:58 AM   |  #9  
Harbor Springs
Thanks Meter: 93

679 posts
More
Same here. My commuter has performed very well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
13th March 2012, 03:09 AM   |  #10  
Flag Monmouth, OR
Thanks Meter: 73

562 posts
More
The corners are pretty thick. They're flush with the plastic part on mine. And the silicon protrudes past the screen so it shouldn't ever land on the screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread