Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 44,695 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Case feed back

Tip us?

sawah
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have an incipio ngp (power button too hard to press), a ringke slim, and a matte smoke from diztronic. The smoke is my favorite and has cutouts for everything including the power button.
Phone: Galaxy Nexus Maguro
Network: AT&T

TreborRis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Not loving the Otterbox

So, I've had the Otterbox Commuter for at least a month and there are a few things that are not great about it (to the point that I'm beginning to look for a new case):
  1. It gets very "linty" when in your pocket (such that I remove the case when I travel on business)
  2. The rubber is very soft and pliable; to the point of pulling loose when removing the phone from my pocket
  3. There is no rubber on the back, so it slides when on a desk or dashboard

I'm sure these points are just me being picky

Nick281051
Old
Thanks Meter 1,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreborRis View Post
So, I've had the Otterbox Commuter for at least a month and there are a few things that are not great about it (to the point that I'm beginning to look for a new case):
  1. It gets very "linty" when in your pocket (such that I remove the case when I travel on business)
  2. The rubber is very soft and pliable; to the point of pulling loose when removing the phone from my pocket
  3. There is no rubber on the back, so it slides when on a desk or dashboard

I'm sure these points are just me being picky
The lint is pretty annoying I agree, I like the case a lot but it gets to be ridiculous sometimes. I already have a case in mind if I were to get another

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA App
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777

HTC Inspire 4g collecting dust

Old Phone: Samsung Captivate (At&t)- Returned
HTC Tilt 2 (AT&T)- Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx7621 View Post
Nice job bro! Not only have you insulted the dev of the rom thread you're posting in , but you also took offense to an internet forum post which has no bearing on your life! This is the internet bro. You've got to have a thick skin.

tiernan22
Old
Thanks Meter 92
I love my Rearth case. Follows the contours of the phone well, low profile, everything's accessible, and slides into my pocket easily.

Koizuma
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
thanks for the input guys, i did a bit of research and after playing around with the case that came with the phone and its material was like the incipio ngp but had a hard plastic backing with a little stand thing that snaps in and out. Iended up ordering a incipio ngp in black.

Normally i would of went for the otterbox, but on my captivate the rubber shell was stretching out and i didnt have it all that long.
Info: KitKat 4.4.2 / S-Off

⇩⇩ Please be sure to hit thanks if this post helped you!!

smartguy044
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,986

DONATE TO ME
I'm using the ballistic case. Its nice and thin I never liked the otter box when I had my iphone so this is perfect

jdbeitz
Old
Thanks Meter 503

DONATE TO ME
I Using a TPU case and I love the material its made from. Very thin and sturdy!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
See that "Thanks" button next to my name? Yeah, that one... Click it!

WD333
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default SGP

After numerous hours of reading the forums and reviews on-line, I just ordered the SGP Neo Hybrid EX Series (Satin Silver) from Amazon. It looks like a good case that provides some protection but keeps the slim feel of the phone, the battery cover remains exposed for ease of access and it comes with a decent screen protector from what I've read. I know I'll have to modify the top of the case in order to create a hole for the noise-canceling mic since the case was made for the international version. Hopefully the hot nail/needle trick works.

afk47
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm using the casemate with the plastic shell and rubber insert. I wish the plastic shell also covered the top and bottom, but it doesn't. This leaves the rubber insert to bend freely and sometimes rub against clothing and such. Just a minor inconvenience.

PatriotXT92
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by afk47 View Post
I'm using the casemate with the plastic shell and rubber insert. I wish the plastic shell also covered the top and bottom, but it doesn't. This leaves the rubber insert to bend freely and sometimes rub against clothing and such. Just a minor inconvenience.
I have the same case which is the case mate pop case. So far its been the best that I have tried. I've had it since I got my phone in October and the only thing I don't like is how it is starting to stretch a bit near the volume rocker and power button areas. It has the right amount of protection and isn't too big.

Device History:
32 GB LG Nexus 5
16 GB LG Nexus 4
ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)
AT&T HTC One X
AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII
Motorola Atrix 4G