Ask a question

No registration required

Case feed back

OP Koizuma

15th March 2012, 04:44 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 5

311 posts
More
I have an incipio ngp (power button too hard to press), a ringke slim, and a matte smoke from diztronic. The smoke is my favorite and has cutouts for everything including the power button.
16th March 2012, 07:30 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Not loving the Otterbox
So, I've had the Otterbox Commuter for at least a month and there are a few things that are not great about it (to the point that I'm beginning to look for a new case):
  1. It gets very "linty" when in your pocket (such that I remove the case when I travel on business)
  2. The rubber is very soft and pliable; to the point of pulling loose when removing the phone from my pocket
  3. There is no rubber on the back, so it slides when on a desk or dashboard

I'm sure these points are just me being picky
17th March 2012, 01:26 AM   |  #13  
Flag Northport, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,329

4,622 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreborRis

So, I've had the Otterbox Commuter for at least a month and there are a few things that are not great about it (to the point that I'm beginning to look for a new case):

1. It gets very "linty" when in your pocket (such that I remove the case when I travel on business)
  2. The rubber is very soft and pliable; to the point of pulling loose when removing the phone from my pocket
  3. There is no rubber on the back, so it slides when on a desk or dashboard

I'm sure these points are just me being picky

The lint is pretty annoying I agree, I like the case a lot but it gets to be ridiculous sometimes. I already have a case in mind if I were to get another

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA App
17th March 2012, 09:33 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 92

309 posts
I love my Rearth case. Follows the contours of the phone well, low profile, everything's accessible, and slides into my pocket easily.
18th March 2012, 07:32 AM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 65

732 posts
More
thanks for the input guys, i did a bit of research and after playing around with the case that came with the phone and its material was like the incipio ngp but had a hard plastic backing with a little stand thing that snaps in and out. Iended up ordering a incipio ngp in black.

Normally i would of went for the otterbox, but on my captivate the rubber shell was stretching out and i didnt have it all that long.
19th March 2012, 02:53 PM   |  #16  
Recognized Developer
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 3,991

1,253 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm using the ballistic case. Its nice and thin I never liked the otter box when I had my iphone so this is perfect
19th March 2012, 06:18 PM   |  #17  
Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 503

1,096 posts
Donate to Me
More
I Using a TPU case and I love the material its made from. Very thin and sturdy!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
19th March 2012, 09:46 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 6

92 posts
SGP
After numerous hours of reading the forums and reviews on-line, I just ordered the SGP Neo Hybrid EX Series (Satin Silver) from Amazon. It looks like a good case that provides some protection but keeps the slim feel of the phone, the battery cover remains exposed for ease of access and it comes with a decent screen protector from what I've read. I know I'll have to modify the top of the case in order to create a hole for the noise-canceling mic since the case was made for the international version. Hopefully the hot nail/needle trick works.
20th March 2012, 01:57 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
I'm using the casemate with the plastic shell and rubber insert. I wish the plastic shell also covered the top and bottom, but it doesn't. This leaves the rubber insert to bend freely and sometimes rub against clothing and such. Just a minor inconvenience.
20th March 2012, 03:10 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 146

515 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by afk47

I'm using the casemate with the plastic shell and rubber insert. I wish the plastic shell also covered the top and bottom, but it doesn't. This leaves the rubber insert to bend freely and sometimes rub against clothing and such. Just a minor inconvenience.

I have the same case which is the case mate pop case. So far its been the best that I have tried. I've had it since I got my phone in October and the only thing I don't like is how it is starting to stretch a bit near the volume rocker and power button areas. It has the right amount of protection and isn't too big.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread