Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 48,691 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Case feed back

Tip us?

mrpickem
Old
Thanks Meter 92
I picked up a used 777 that came with a ballistic case. I never had one before, but I can tell you it offers excellent protection, just a little bulky for my liking.

http://tinyurl.com/8yegsno

dmm5157
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I've got 3 cases for this phone at the moment: The Case-Mate Pop Case ($35), the Incipio Feather Feather Ultralight ($21), and the AGF Magnate ($35).

Each had something I really liked.

I loved the stand with the Case-Mate. It had a nice feel to it, but it was a little too heavy and bulky. The rubber sides also made it stick to my pockets a bit.

The Incipio is super thin and sleek, but didn't really protect my phone. It's not an "every day" type case for me.

The Magnate case is light and pretty darn thin. It's got a complete wrap style, so it offers protection if dropped from any angle. It's got a nice feel to it, the only gripe I have is the power button is a little tough to press and takes some getting used to. This case costs $35 in the store, but I got it for $15 shipped from Amazon.com.

IVIadness
Old
Thanks Meter 18
And if you go with the otterbox pm me I have an extra one I will mail ya for cheap..

adfurgerson
Old
Thanks Meter 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotXT92 View Post
I have the same case which is the case mate pop case. So far its been the best that I have tried. I've had it since I got my phone in October and the only thing I don't like is how it is starting to stretch a bit near the volume rocker and power button areas. It has the right amount of protection and isn't too big.
I have the same issue with stretching but consider it mainly cosmetic. Thought the kickstand a little gimmicky but I use it often.

pfmahoney
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I bought a black bumper for mine. I didn't want the thickness of a full case, but I wanted some protection against dropping it. So I bought a bumper on Ebay for $3 shipped - the key words to find it would be "black TPU bumper galaxy s2". It fits fine, doesn't add much to the bulk and offers some protection for the glass against dropping it... and it's cheap.

thecrazy88
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I have 4 cases all for different occasions. I just like to get stuff for my phone, its a habit.

1) Seidio surface case:
Its a nice case, thin light good protection, not like an otterbox but good enough. Adds very little bulk. I use it for work.
2) Bodyglove case:
This case is basically like a case-mate barely there case. It's barely there! No bulk and light protection. Good for just hanging around the house. I use it on weekends when I'm just bumming around.
3) Case-Mate barely there brushed aluminum black:
Very stylish looking case. Light protection. A little bulkier than the Bodyglove but not much.
4) Aluminum bumper with aluminum battery cover, black:
I found an aluminum bumper case and battery cover on ebay and I have to say it looks slick on my phone. Like suit and tie going out to a 5 star restaurant slick. It looks to give good protection around the edge and front of the phone but it looks so nice I find myself taking extra care not to mess up the case lol. The case and battery cove have crome accents and looks very nice. The bumper is thin but adds a little weight to the phone wich is not necessarily a bad thing.
Well as silly as this my sound I guess I'm a little bit anal about my phone lol.
All of these cases a good depending on what your looking for. I would recommend any of these cases.

rrieter
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Just got the seidio active case and holster on ebay for $35. Slim and light. Has rubber with exo-skeleton that really protects the corners. Highly recommended!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA

cachookaman
Old
Thanks Meter 36
just got my phone yesterday and my cases from amazon came in today. i got a TPU case and the casemate pop for under $30. i think the pop is gonna be my daily driver since it feels a little more solid with the plastic midsection and doesnt add much bulk. plus having a kickstand is pretty useful.

brent8577
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I have rearth ringke and from the battery pulls I have had to do its going to be falling off soon

Mll4eveR.
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
i'm now using a incipio ngp case and i do find it hard to push the power button sometimes.
i'm thinking of getting a sgp case after reading some of the comments.