Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,531 Members 51,163 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQUIRED BY ALL] YOU ALL BETTER READ...NOW!!!

Tip us?

slapdaddy
Old
Thanks Meter 65
I'm just coming over here from the Inspire section - getting a Vivid next week if all goes well. I've been coming to xda for years as a lurker, and registered quite some time ago. There has always been one thing that has been a major defining characteristic of this site - community.

I wholeheartedly agree with the mods decisions to generously throw down the banhammer when deemed even remotely appropriate so that we can curb the @#$% that is now plaguing this community.

We need devs here and we need them badly, very badly. It may be worthwhile to note that many Inspire owners may very well begin switching to the Vivid, as I am. So hopefully, more devs from that section make their way over here as time progresses....I hope.

HopelesRomantc91
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Wow, I had no clue what was going on here. I love my Vivid now that I have ICS on it, but there are still things I'd love to change about it, and I'll never get that chance without dev help. I'd like to think I'm pretty grateful in general, and I'd love for this forum to become great, because this phone is without a doubt one of the most powerful phones on the market, and I'd love to see what the devs here can do with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to HopelesRomantc91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cannothas
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Default Well Written

Look, I know I'm a noob user, and my thanks meter is zero. I am not able to contribute much to this, and I'll spare you all the reasons. I cannot agree more with this "book", article, thing, because I have been VERY EXCITEDLY following the CM9 progress since I got the phone in January. I have not seen anything from thecubed or pirateghost in relation to the vivid for about the last month or more, and that started when bickering and backstabbing flew off the handle in the dev thread for the CM9 Teaser. I hope they come back, along with any other devs who have left due to "family feuding."

I very much dislike sense, and still cannot wait to see CM9 on this phone.

About the only thing I know, besides how to put CM on my phone, is that the more devs we have working on it, the sooner we can all have "awesomeness"!

To all who have been, and are currently, working on developing on this phone, a huge "Thank You" because you make my phone work better!
The Following User Says Thank You to cannothas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

technicalvampire
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchDanny View Post
I did miss all that happend here, and think i'm glad I did.

I'm the "Lead developer" of BinDroid and as GSLEON3 did say, I don't do this alone.
I have a few other devs and themers & testers to make it all complete.
The BinDroid team is around 20 people from all over the Globe.

cyber_pete is my US partner dev, and working on your ICS build, and I help where needed.

We almost done.. And glad to inform you all that BinDroid is here to stay on Vivid.

This weekend the Sensation XE ROM is released, and soon after that, you will join the part.

So keep those heads UP and enjoy what is given to you by people who enjoy making this.

We do this for our own pleasure, and like to see you enjoy it to
Thank you DutchDanny Loved your Inspire 4G Rom

Thank you GSLEON3 This Forum has needed that for sometime now. I cant wait to see the new ROMS that can be made for the Vivid.

shackman716
Old
Thanks Meter 17
MOD can delete... not sure how I ended up posting here LMAO major brain fart

_Allan_
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Location: U[niverse]:\\Milky_Way\Sol\Terra\North American\Canada\Toronto\Scarborough.city
My Raider (vivid/holiday) is crying for love ... and I come to XDA not for the other members (Sorry!) but for the second part of the sites name: developers (I feel almost a Balmer urge to scream it dozens of times... with bit pit stains on my shirt...)
THAT digression being said ... I haven't been around much, because when I do come here, I see crying, whining, bitching, moaning, etc and insults to dev's.

I'm hoping the Dev's will come back, and [s]I[/s] we can get help with [s]my[/s] our sweet device.

AndroidNomad
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy Stuck for on this for 3 days. Please help

Hi all,

I've searched the web and on this site but haven't seen this problem anywhere. I've tried a gazzilian things to no avail, that's why I'm posting to this great site and members as a last resort.

I'm a noob who learned to root but am not a flasher. I've unlocked and rooted many phones and now my HTC Raider. I bought it outright from Rogers, then unlocked and rooted it. 3 days ago I was installing a sound performance app (DPS) I think and it was taking forever so I abandoned it. Since then here is a list of issues.

Now the unit has relocked by itself.

Can't boot up, freezes on white HTC logo.

I can boot into HBoot but can't do anything there..recovery, factory reset, etc.., it returns to HBoot???

When I plug into the charger (when it's off) it automatically turns on into Hboot where I can't do anything anyway???

My PC doesn't recognize any SD cards, ried formatting them also, internal or external, so I can't reflash any Zips

I've tried many root tools I've found, nothing works. I'm now trying Hasoon2000's HTC Vivid All-In-One-Kit and still can't get anywhere.

Can anyone please help? I'm a total loss on this one.

AndroidNomad
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evercherish View Post
QUIT holding people hostage over your WoRk before people stop coming and making this community what they made it today. GET REAL. NO one cares about your crying, ESPECIALLY when your holding your work over peoples heads. Get over yourself. ALL OF YOU need to get real. Talking about how you have to hold hands. DUDE THIS ISNT KiddyLand. Your talking to grown people that would take this as a threat in the REAL WORLD! This is NOT the real world, PAL! Take your work and go home, and DONT come back until you LEARN to stop THREATENING people, ESPECIALLY YOUR OWN COMMUNITY!

Thats all I have to say at the moment. Thanks guys

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

And quit telling your own community to use google when they need help. If they ask you something, answer it or dont put your work up! Child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My goodness, what's all this about???

DutchDanny
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4595

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidNomad View Post
Hi all,

I've searched the web and on this site but haven't seen this problem anywhere. I've tried a gazzilian things to no avail, that's why I'm posting to this great site and members as a last resort.

I'm a noob who learned to root but am not a flasher. I've unlocked and rooted many phones and now my HTC Raider. I bought it outright from Rogers, then unlocked and rooted it. 3 days ago I was installing a sound performance app (DPS) I think and it was taking forever so I abandoned it. Since then here is a list of issues.

Now the unit has relocked by itself.

Can't boot up, freezes on white HTC logo.

I can boot into HBoot but can't do anything there..recovery, factory reset, etc.., it returns to HBoot???

When I plug into the charger (when it's off) it automatically turns on into Hboot where I can't do anything anyway???

My PC doesn't recognize any SD cards, ried formatting them also, internal or external, so I can't reflash any Zips

I've tried many root tools I've found, nothing works. I'm now trying Hasoon2000's HTC Vivid All-In-One-Kit and still can't get anywhere.

Can anyone please help? I'm a total loss on this one.
Try to relock your bootloader in fastboot.

CMD: fastboot oem lock
and then try to flash a HTC RUU

Phones: ONE M8 & HTC OneX | Tablet: Gtab3 8.0

The Following User Says Thank You to DutchDanny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndroidNomad
Old
(Last edited by AndroidNomad; 5th June 2012 at 10:03 PM.) Reason: Spelling
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchDanny View Post
Try to relock your bootloader in fastboot.

CMD: fastboot oem lock
and then try to flash a HTC RUU
Thanx, after more research, I did it and worked. Thanx again

Oh and BTW, I have difficulties finding non branded (no bloatware) RUU's. Could you perhaps point me in the right direction?