Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,257 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] badly need the bell stock .tar system and all for sgh-i717 Bell

Tip us?

zykio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Unhappy [Q] badly need the bell stock .tar system and all for sgh-i717 Bell

Hello all ... im still pretty much a noob when it comes to cell phone .. i just bought a Samsung galaxy note (bell sgh-i717m in Canada)

I wanted to have access to Root for the applications and the cpu speed change (was at 1.12 ghz and supposed to be 1.5 ghz).

I read a lot of posts and found in majority things from Mashi, Da_G etc.

After i tried one method with the odin 1.85 and file AT&T Note Root.zip (532 meg) which was said to just give root access and not change the whole phone ...

After rebooting my phone ... ATT animation at the boot !!! and after that a big big lag when i try to type in text or try to type in number even on dial pad to make a call !!!

HELLPPP !! lol i would not mean that much the AT&T animation but the whole phone with it and that HUGE lag !

Is there any way for me to bring that back to Bell stock ? if so, any of you would have that huge file for me to flash my beast back to Bell with a .tar file through ODIN or other ways if you know something that could help me ?

Update 1 ... i found this file GalaxyNoteRootI717.zip which helped me to get rid of the lag by flashing with their file but i am still stuck with AT&T applications and all = still missing the Bell system and all

Thanks in advance,

zykio.

Sarius24
Old
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
I would help but i have no clue as how to rip the whole rom.

Sent from my SGH-I717M using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarius24 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zykio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarius24 View Post
I would help but i have no clue as how to rip the whole rom.

Sent from my SGH-I717M using xda premium
If not wrong there was a thread showing how to get it ... the Bell Stock from the phone i mean.

I will find it back and update here

Many Thanks in advance to whoever help me to get back a Bell Phone instead of AT&T system

wish777
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,142

DONATE TO ME
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1506330

is that it should be in development .....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

wish777
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,142

DONATE TO ME
what are trying to do?...change the systemui.apk?.......icons and themes?.......open the zip with like 7zip from computer.....or use online theme kitchen works nice

The Following User Says Thank You to wish777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zykio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by zykio View Post
If not wrong there was a thread showing how to get it ... the Bell Stock from the phone i mean.

I will find it back and update here

Many Thanks in advance to whoever help me to get back a Bell Phone instead of AT&T system
-------------

Here is what i got from DA_G for that purpose i know that a ton of people would like to have the Whole system and such of Bell stock like me to get it back as it was from Bell.

From DA_G

"From adb inside booted ROM:
(note system.img will be 1GB, compress it before upload)

Code:
adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p24 of=/sdcard/system.img
adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 of=/sdcard/recovery.img
adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 of=/sdcard/boot.img
adb pull /sdcard/system.img
adb pull /sdcard/recovery.img
adb pull /sdcard/boot.img

If you have installed my rooted recovery or kernel, don't bother pulling those images as they will have been overwritten. Currently we have everything for AT&T, Rogers kernel, and TELUS kernel. Need Rogers system/recovery, bell kernel/recovery, and telus system/recovery to build stock archives for those."

Thanks to DA_G. and thanks to you if you can make that image ...

zykio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Thumbs up Explanations

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish777 View Post
what are trying to do?...change the systemui.apk?.......icons and themes?.......open the zip with like 7zip from computer.....or use online theme kitchen works nice

THanks for replying Wish777 ...

What i was trying to do is to repair a mistake i did ...

Wanting to just root my Bell SGH-I717M i did a whole system flash instead of just what i needed for the root and now instead of a phone that brings me Bell for the whole of the phone i have AT&T all across ... AT&T ready 2 go if i reset, AT&T Navigator for the gps .. etc etc .. the icon for the radio is not the same when i get on 4G or LTE etc ..

Overall, now it is not laggy and it is rooted but i miss the rest of it to be back as a Bell Stock but rooted.

If someone pull the Bell stock like we have in Canada for the Galaxy note SGH-I717 and let me put my hand on that i would be back to a phone like i bought from Bell but rooted then.

Thanks again to whoever will help me with that

Zykio

bluetint
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
-------------

Here is what i got from DA_G for that purpose i know that a ton of people would like to have the Whole system and such of Bell stock like me to get it back as it was from Bell.

From DA_G

"From adb inside booted ROM:
(note system.img will be 1GB, compress it before upload)

Code:
adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p24 of=/sdcard/system.img
adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 of=/sdcard/recovery.img
adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 of=/sdcard/boot.img
adb pull /sdcard/system.img
adb pull /sdcard/recovery.img
adb pull /sdcard/boot.img

If you have installed my rooted recovery or kernel, don't bother pulling those images as they will have been overwritten. Currently we have everything for AT&T, Rogers kernel, and TELUS kernel. Need Rogers system/recovery, bell kernel/recovery, and telus system/recovery to build stock archives for those."

Thanks to DA_G. and thanks to you if you can make that image ...

I have a Bell Note. I am willing to pull my system and recovery images. Will it matter that I'm rooted and have CWM Beta 4 flashed? Also I'm not sure where the best place to host those files would be so that other people could download them.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluetint For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zykio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Wink thanks if u can

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetint View Post
I have a Bell Note. I am willing to pull my system and recovery images. Will it matter that I'm rooted and have CWM Beta 4 flashed? Also I'm not sure where the best place to host those files would be so that other people could download them.
It would not matter for me just too bad for other as they would love the original but for me it would be perfect

Just that i would have to find a place to receive the file. ... I will be back to u for a place to drop it

Zykio

zykio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Cool a link to upload the Bell system and all

Quote:
It would not matter for me just too bad for other as they would love the original but for me it would be perfect

Just that i would have to find a place to receive the file. ... I will be back to u for a place to drop it

Zykio
I finally found something that may be of help to upload to for me to get it after

filefactory.com/filebox/99367f18d49600966e0567a5267f5a0f

password: test1