Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,906 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BenQ Venue Pro

Tip us?

Bongo2k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Default BenQ Venue Pro

I asked the dude at Carphone Warehouse how much I'd get for my phone and he put the IMEI into his PC and it came up as 0 value, the interesting part is that it was listed as Qisda Corporation Lightning. Qisda Coporation is part of BenQ. Maybe we should contact them about the venue pro?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BenQ#Sp...f_OEM_division

Quote:
After the spin-off, BenQ Corporation was renamed Qisda Corporation, which will focus on integrated manufacturing service business, and the spun off company has succeeded the name of BenQ Corporation, which is a 100% owned subsidiary of Qisda Corp.

dilzo
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I said this about 3 months ago apparently they are only responsible for the wifi module.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA App

TheManii
Old
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1506

DONATE TO ME
Qisda is the ODM for all the 2nd gen dell devices, they're responsible for the drivers and validating OS versions for WP7 devices (the VP) and for making the roms and drivers for android devices (S5, S7, V)

Contacting them wont get you anything as the contract between dell and qisda is 'private' as in they have not officially ever announced that they produced them for dell. You wont get anything at all out of them as it would likely be a breach of contract or something if they start being all public about it. (just as much since supporting isnt in their contract, why would they? they are literally not getting paid to support it, at least with regards to user support)
XDA Wiki Moderator
Nexus 4: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P) 2013 N7: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P)
iTouch 5G: 6.1.2 (10B146) Surface Pro 2: Win8.1u1 (6.3.9600.17085.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140330-1035)