[DISCUSSION][DEV] CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5570-GalaxyICS-KANG - Official topic

Search This thread

mr.faridcom

Feb 20, 2012
Hi,
tested CM10 for Galaxy Mini first, but because It still haves massive bugs (with GApps etc.) I just wanted to test CM9.

My question: I can't find GApps download link in OP and just wanna find out if I have to flash GApps for getting Play Store etc., and if so, if I could use those from goo.im/gapps ?
'Cause this thread has 51 pages I was too lazy to read everything and look around if this question got already asked.

So PLEASE ANSWER!!! :)

Thanks for helping! :)

Maclaw stopped developing for Mini, as you see GalaxyICS site is down, visit MaclawStudio to see news about CM9, and remember "It's for Gio & Ace".
You can try AOKP by great TheWhisp ;)

Cheers :)

Daigo

Jun 19, 2012
federicobolcato.weebly.com
Hi,
tested CM10 for Galaxy Mini first, but because It still haves massive bugs (with GApps etc.) I just wanted to test CM9.

My question: I can't find GApps download link in OP and just wanna find out if I have to flash GApps for getting Play Store etc., and if so, if I could use those from goo.im/gapps ?
'Cause this thread has 51 pages I was too lazy to read everything and look around if this question got already asked.

So PLEASE ANSWER!!! :)

Thanks for helping! :)

Here: http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip

iH8ra!n

Jul 13, 2012
Cologne
Maclaw stopped developing for Mini, as you see GalaxyICS site is down, visit MaclawStudio to see news about CM9, and remember "It's for Gio & Ace".
You can try AOKP by great TheWhisp ;)

Haham thanks for answering, yes got it already... :)
Tried the CM10 by TheWishp but it ahd incredible much lags and bugs with GApps flashed and it does not make sence for me to have a ROM without Play Sotre so any apps....
Will now search for another CM9 in the Internet. Just found RC1.

Any tips for me or do you have the official CM9 development thread for the Galaxy Mini?

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Thanks for answering but yes, that are the GApps from goo.im and there is a later version of it (gapps-ics-20120429.zip)!

Can download here goo.im/gapps

Thx anyway! :)

Messi10

Feb 12, 2012
Tunis
Haham thanks for answering, yes got it already... :)
Tried the CM10 by TheWishp but it ahd incredible much lags and bugs with GApps flashed and it does not make sence for me to have a ROM without Play Sotre so any apps....
Will now search for another CM9 in the Internet. Just found RC1.

Any tips for me or do you have the official CM9 development thread for the Galaxy Mini?

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Thanks for answering but yes, that are the GApps from goo.im and there is a later version of it (gapps-ics-20120429.zip)!

Can download here goo.im/gapps

Thx anyway! :)

rc1 is for galaxy gio/ace . galaxy mini latest build is beta 7 ( there is nightly but deleted )

roofrider

Jul 24, 2011
Bangalore, IN
Just use the 10/12 or the a couple before that release of CM10. U can flash gapps and everything is fine.
If u find the mic a bit problematic, then u have to flash to the latest nightly.. free up some space in /system, follow hrk's guide and also replace the default LatinIME.apk with the one given by erickas (more space..optional) in the small talk thread and then flash Gapps. Ur good to go..think there is mass storage bug though.

If it's too much trouble better stick to AOKP or CM7 for now. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I doubt he will reply. There's no money in it for him lol

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium
    Check download and development topic ....release will be here today!!!!Hit thanks if I helped you

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA

Probably not... especially because of you. Maclaw seemed very pissed off and I would be too if I was him. Why can't you use this topic for general discussion and leave the one for developing clean!?
    If the moderator is cleaning it as often he can, it doesn't mean that you can spam it!
    Stop posting useless comments on the development thread! The ROM has not been released yet so there nothing to talk about in that thread so keep your mouth shut and wait.

If you agree with me, you could help me a lot by clicking the "Thanks" button.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA
    To use the best ICS, should I upgrade from XXKPK or what? And must I flash it via CWM 5.0.2.6?
    Sorry, my English is not good

Yes ,you should flash it using CWM but it is better to upgrade ur CWM to 5.0.2.7 or 8.There nothing like that to upgrade form so and so.Just wait for Maclaw to release his beta 4 and flash it through CWM.:)
    INSTRUCTIONS:-(I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE GETS BRICKED)
    FIRST DOWNLOAD CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5570-GalaxyICS-KANG-beta4 ZIP AND GAPPS.

1) Place the zip files into your Sdcard.
    2)Reboot your phone into CWM(clock work recovery mode)PRESS POWER BUTTON+MENU BUTTON
    3)Wipe your cashe,data,go to advanced and wipe Dalvik cache and battery stats.
    4)Now go to install zip from sd-choose zip from Sdcard-then select the zip file (CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5570-GalaxyICS-KANG-beta4) which you placed it in the sdcard.
    5)It takes hardly 4 to 5 mins. now wipe cashe and data.
    6)Flash the gapps zip .
    7)Now restart your phone.
    Note:-First boot takes much time (after installation):):D
    DON'T FORGET TO PRESS THANKS BUTTON IF THIS HELPED YOU:p
    CM9 layout update - fixes some app layouts:

1 ) Phone.apk
    2 ) DeskClock.apk
    3 ) Mms.apk
    4 ) Contacts.apk
    5) Trebuchet.apk

Updated framework-res.apk (Note: It messes up window animations a little)

1 ) Weather can now be set on lock screen etc.
    2 ) Carrier label still not visible.
    3 ) Circle in notification bar still not in the middle.

You can PM me if you know how to solve those issues.

Update is flash-able .zip, but it is recommended to backup your files and install my provided .apk's one by one using adb

Link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45530921/cm9-layout-update.zip
    Flashable zip

very easy to fix it. Just flash this file via CWM
    http://www.mediafire.com/?1gcd4438342az8d
    (please don't mirror my link. thanks )