5,605,766 Members 48,241 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any problems with games and the low resolution?

Tip us?

CaptainMaki
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] Any problems with games and the low resolution?

I wanted to know if owners encountered problems with simple games (I'm not talking the high end graphic ones) with the Galaxy Y. A friend is interested in purchasing one.

I'm especially interested in Clouds & Sheep but also for other games. there is know info about this in the Market for minimum requirements.
HTC One S (T-Mobile) - stock ROM 4.1.1
HTC Aria (AT&T) - Stock, CM 9

You don't run around the pool with scissors in your hands - So why are you working without a backup? Take 20GB for free! https://copy.com?r=zyUYP8

Raol Emostar
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Game play isn't quite difficult. It's pretty good for a phone with a price tag below 150 dollars. Though it certainly isn't one of the positives of the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raol Emostar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CaptainMaki
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
no problem at all, I just wanted to know if there are many games that limit the minimum resolution and therefore not work at all, even though the processor will handle them without a problem.

for example a simple game like I've mentioned.
HTC One S (T-Mobile) - stock ROM 4.1.1
HTC Aria (AT&T) - Stock, CM 9

You don't run around the pool with scissors in your hands - So why are you working without a backup? Take 20GB for free! https://copy.com?r=zyUYP8

Raol Emostar
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Yes. The low resolution limits the choice of apps. But it supports most of the basic games. So there should'nt be a problem playing them, since you are only talking about the basic games.

Raol Emostar
Old
Thanks Meter 149
There's always Chainfire 3D for HD and 3D games for the rooted users.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raol Emostar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
games, resolution