Thanks Meter: 311

546 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroif

Yes, that one
In the top of my screen i have the symbol. I have 14 mb free on /datadata

So the script doesn't apply ...
Could you run the script through adb shell or terminal emulator (as root) : sh /system/etc/init.d/30datafix ?

I don't recall it but you have to have a kernel supporting init.d script ... Stock CM9 doesn't support this so you'll have to flash a modded one (Devil is a good choice imho).
The Following User Says Thank You to Wendigogo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2012, 07:32 PM   |  #182  
Flag Borne
Thanks Meter: 8

90 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendigogo

So the script doesn't apply ...
Could you run the script through adb shell or terminal emulator (as root) : sh /system/etc/init.d/30datafix ?

I don't recall it but you have to have a kernel supporting init.d script ... Stock CM9 doesn't support this so you'll have to flash a modded one (Devil is a good choice imho).

I have no idea how adb or terminal emulator work
I have the latest Semaphore kernel (0.9.7). Shouldn't that support init.d script?
4th April 2012, 07:46 PM   |  #183  
Thanks Meter: 343

632 posts
More
Quote:

I have the latest Semaphore kernel (0.9.7). Shouldn't that support init.d script?

I'm using this script with the latest Semaphore ICS kernel and it works flawlessly.

... tapatalked
The Following User Says Thank You to Fenvarien For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2012, 07:51 PM   |  #184  
Flag Borne
Thanks Meter: 8

90 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenvarien

I'm using this script with the latest Semaphore ICS kernel and it works flawlessly.

... tapatalked

Do you also use teamsgsics 4.2?
4th April 2012, 08:30 PM   |  #185  
Thanks Meter: 11

56 posts
Quote:

It seems the fix hadn't been applied. To be sure, check if /data/data is a symlink to /datadata (with "ls -al /data"). But you could read what's coming next ...

I've been working hard to make a new version of this datafix. It works the opposite as current datafix (as @Kagadar suggests it) : it only move to ext4 partition (default in /data/local/staticdatadata) selected subdirectories ( lib and libs by default but you could easily add subdirectories like cache (not recommended, lag problems) or so).
As everything has to be moved on /datadata before applying the datafix, it checks if avalaible space is sufficient and does nothing if not. So if a datafix is used (with lots of apps) it may warns and fails. You'll have to uninstall some apps (and/or clean cache etc.) to decrease size of /datadata in order to use this datafix. You could reinstall them once the datafix has been worked, using the script if you've got another lowspace-warning.
If there's enough space on /datadata, it reverts all previous datafix and apply this one.

You could find it here : DataFix_04042012.zip.

As always, make a nandroid backup before using this. Titanium Backup has to be configured correctly to follow symlink etc.

PS : As it works the opposite of others datafix, /data/data is still a symlink. So if you wanna use another datafix it may break your phone : if it doesn't follow symlinks when copying files it will (ie DataFix_11032012.zip ).

So this one worked fine for me the first time I ran it and moved everything around correctly. Then the second time I ran it and went into the new folder (in data/local) and deleted everything in it. it just said removing stale app resources on the output and ran through the entire folder. Oh and I tried it with a fresh install too and it did the same thing
4th April 2012, 10:28 PM   |  #186  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 311

546 posts
More
Quote:

Install an app like "terminal emulator" from Google Play and run commands i gave you earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnsonc

So this one worked fine for me the first time I ran it and moved everything around correctly. Then the second time I ran it and went into the new folder (in data/local) and deleted everything in it. it just said removing stale app resources on the output and ran through the entire folder. Oh and I tried it with a fresh install too and it did the same thing

I tried this with a fake directory and it worked ... I don't have the time to correct this part untill friday so I comment it and upload a V2 version : http://minus.com/mmqQqw0m3/2f.

It's not an important part of the datafix : it just check if some app has been uninstalled and remove undeleted parts if there's any. So once corrected everything will be clean at first run and untill that the datafix will be effective.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT : I recheck this part and don't find where the problem is. Will try it "in vivo" and not on a GNU/linux terminal ...
Last edited by Wendigogo; 4th April 2012 at 11:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wendigogo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2012, 11:24 PM   |  #187  
Thanks Meter: 11

56 posts
Quote:

Install an app like "terminal emulator" from Google Play and run commands i gave you earlier.

I tried this with a fake directory and it worked ... I don't have the time to correct this part untill friday so I comment it and upload a V2 version : http://minus.com/mmqQqw0m3/2f.

It's not an important part of the datafix : it just check if some app has been uninstalled and remove undeleted parts if there's any. So once corrected everything will be clean at first run and untill that the datafix will be effective.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

No problem, that's what backups are for haha. Thanks
5th April 2012, 01:09 AM   |  #188  
Thanks Meter: 12

552 posts
I've looked around the thread, but can anyone
tell me the code to type into terminal in order
to see how much /datadata is filled.
5th April 2012, 03:17 AM   |  #189  
Flag Regina, Sask
Thanks Meter: 290

1,317 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pntballer505

I would use Root Explorer (or an equivalent root file manager) to check.
5th April 2012, 08:47 AM   |  #190  
Thanks Meter: 78

1,299 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pntballer505

df datadata

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags