Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SCRIPT][CM7/9] /datadata/ low storage notification lagless fix - init.d script

Tip us?

Wendigogo
Old
Thanks Meter 311

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroif View Post
Yes, that one
In the top of my screen i have the symbol. I have 14 mb free on /datadata
So the script doesn't apply ...
Could you run the script through adb shell or terminal emulator (as root) : sh /system/etc/init.d/30datafix ?

I don't recall it but you have to have a kernel supporting init.d script ... Stock CM9 doesn't support this so you'll have to flash a modded one (Devil is a good choice imho).
The Following User Says Thank You to Wendigogo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Skroif
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendigogo View Post
So the script doesn't apply ...
Could you run the script through adb shell or terminal emulator (as root) : sh /system/etc/init.d/30datafix ?

I don't recall it but you have to have a kernel supporting init.d script ... Stock CM9 doesn't support this so you'll have to flash a modded one (Devil is a good choice imho).

I have no idea how adb or terminal emulator work
I have the latest Semaphore kernel (0.9.7). Shouldn't that support init.d script?
DEVICE:
Nexus 4

ROM:
Stock 4.3, ROOT-access, Franco Kernel

Fenvarien
Old
Thanks Meter 316
Quote:
I have the latest Semaphore kernel (0.9.7). Shouldn't that support init.d script?
I'm using this script with the latest Semaphore ICS kernel and it works flawlessly.

... tapatalked
Google Nexus 4
Kernel: Semaphore 2.3.0
ROM: Mahdi 2.7 ROM 4.4.4

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Kernel: franco.Kernel 396-osmod
ROM: VanirAOSP 4.4.3

Samsung Galaxy Tab P1
Kernel: Humberos Kernel 1.54 3.0.101
ROM: CM 11 by terenceng

"Democracy, which is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder, and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequaled alike." Plato; Book VIII; 558-C
The Following User Says Thank You to Fenvarien For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Skroif
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenvarien View Post
I'm using this script with the latest Semaphore ICS kernel and it works flawlessly.

... tapatalked
Do you also use teamsgsics 4.2?
DEVICE:
Nexus 4

ROM:
Stock 4.3, ROOT-access, Franco Kernel

finnsonc
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
It seems the fix hadn't been applied. To be sure, check if /data/data is a symlink to /datadata (with "ls -al /data"). But you could read what's coming next ...

I've been working hard to make a new version of this datafix. It works the opposite as current datafix (as @Kagadar suggests it) : it only move to ext4 partition (default in /data/local/staticdatadata) selected subdirectories ( lib and libs by default but you could easily add subdirectories like cache (not recommended, lag problems) or so).
As everything has to be moved on /datadata before applying the datafix, it checks if avalaible space is sufficient and does nothing if not. So if a datafix is used (with lots of apps) it may warns and fails. You'll have to uninstall some apps (and/or clean cache etc.) to decrease size of /datadata in order to use this datafix. You could reinstall them once the datafix has been worked, using the script if you've got another lowspace-warning.
If there's enough space on /datadata, it reverts all previous datafix and apply this one.

You could find it here : DataFix_04042012.zip.

As always, make a nandroid backup before using this. Titanium Backup has to be configured correctly to follow symlink etc.

PS : As it works the opposite of others datafix, /data/data is still a symlink. So if you wanna use another datafix it may break your phone : if it doesn't follow symlinks when copying files it will (ie DataFix_11032012.zip ).
So this one worked fine for me the first time I ran it and moved everything around correctly. Then the second time I ran it and went into the new folder (in data/local) and deleted everything in it. it just said removing stale app resources on the output and ran through the entire folder. Oh and I tried it with a fresh install too and it did the same thing

Wendigogo
Old
(Last edited by Wendigogo; 4th April 2012 at 10:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 311

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Install an app like "terminal emulator" from Google Play and run commands i gave you earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnsonc View Post
So this one worked fine for me the first time I ran it and moved everything around correctly. Then the second time I ran it and went into the new folder (in data/local) and deleted everything in it. it just said removing stale app resources on the output and ran through the entire folder. Oh and I tried it with a fresh install too and it did the same thing

I tried this with a fake directory and it worked ... I don't have the time to correct this part untill friday so I comment it and upload a V2 version : http://minus.com/mmqQqw0m3/2f.

It's not an important part of the datafix : it just check if some app has been uninstalled and remove undeleted parts if there's any. So once corrected everything will be clean at first run and untill that the datafix will be effective.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT : I recheck this part and don't find where the problem is. Will try it "in vivo" and not on a GNU/linux terminal ...
The Following User Says Thank You to Wendigogo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

finnsonc
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Install an app like "terminal emulator" from Google Play and run commands i gave you earlier.

I tried this with a fake directory and it worked ... I don't have the time to correct this part untill friday so I comment it and upload a V2 version : http://minus.com/mmqQqw0m3/2f.

It's not an important part of the datafix : it just check if some app has been uninstalled and remove undeleted parts if there's any. So once corrected everything will be clean at first run and untill that the datafix will be effective.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
No problem, that's what backups are for haha. Thanks

pntballer505
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I've looked around the thread, but can anyone
tell me the code to type into terminal in order
to see how much /datadata is filled.

upichie
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by pntballer505 View Post
I would use Root Explorer (or an equivalent root file manager) to check.

Adevem
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by pntballer505 View Post
df datadata

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Sony Xperia Z2

Tags