Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 47,022 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] 5.09.12 ODJDub HD Express X Sense 3.0 Fully Working 4G & Landscape!!!

Tip us?

One_Shot_2012
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by officiallytook View Post
That wouldn't look too bad...with a lot of black...if the NFL can do it why can't we...can even donate proceeds for the cause...you know

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
I like that idea!! Do some themes to support the things that effect us the most. Hell make em donatable to the causes they represent too (if the forum will allow it).
Here are some ideas....

Neon/light green and black/grey for St Jude's
Yellow/black for cancer support cancer
Digital camo for our troops
Red and gold for the Marine Corp

Just to name a few...

Btw, thanks to OD, and bill for all your help! These guys are awesome at what they do, as are the other developers on this site. I have tried a lot of roms, but honestly have never got the support, nor guidance as I have with this rom! Still waiting to see if its possible to change the sound of the phone keypad being touched to whatever you want, lol.

The keypad mod rocks guys, and is so easy to do. All you have to do is pick the picture you want. OD's orginsl keypad will support almost any pic you can put behind it!

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.”
-Thomas Paine
The Following User Says Thank You to One_Shot_2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

officiallytook
Old
Thanks Meter 174

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by outerdepth View Post
I agree completely. I have pretty good 4g coverage where I live as well. I pay for it,so I am using it.

I also wanted to say that I am not flaking on you guys about the theme. I am currently in the works on a red one for everyone. I am listening to requests, but I want this to look right and it's taking a little longer than I had time to spend this weekend, since I got called in on an emergency for the day yesterday. I'll have a new theme to you and a new....
Awww dayumn

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to officiallytook For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

One_Shot_2012
Old
(Last edited by One_Shot_2012; 2nd April 2012 at 05:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 46
Wink keypad mod

Thanks to OD & bill....check it out...

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Quote:
I agree completely. I have pretty good 4g coverage where I live as well. I pay for it,so I am using it.

I also wanted to say that I am not flaking on you guys about the theme. I am currently in the works on a red one for everyone. I am listening to requests, but I want this to look right and it's taking a little longer than I had time to spend this weekend, since I got called in on an emergency for the day yesterday. I'll have a new theme to you and a new....

....ok, I'm paying attention here....what else is new here OD....what's up ya sleeve man, you can't just end a sentence in mid.......

-Thomas Paine

leon sprouse
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Shot_2012 View Post
I like that idea!! Do some themes to support the things that effect us the most. Hell make em donatable to the causes they represent too (if the forum will allow it).
Here are some ideas....

Neon/light green and black/grey for St Jude's
Yellow/black for cancer support cancer
Digital camo for our troops
Red and gold for the Marine Corp

Just to name a few...

Btw, thanks to OD, and bill for all your help! These guys are awesome at what they do, as are the other developers on this site. I have tried a lot of roms, but honestly have never got the support, nor guidance as I have with this rom! Still waiting to see if its possible to change the sound of the phone keypad being touched to whatever you want, lol.

The keypad mod rocks guys, and is so easy to do. All you have to do is pick the picture you want. OD's orginsl keypad will support almost any pic you can put behind it!
Where is this keypad mod?

Sleestax
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Ok, so I flashed about an hour ago and have been playing with it since. I love this ROM! It's fast, it works, there is tons of free onboard memory, etc. This is so awesome. Thanks so much to the OP for this beautiful ROM!

My only complaint is that the boot-up animation and subsequent eplileptic seizure inducing title page are really obnoxious. I would prefer something more sedate. Just a minor thing really. I freaking love this ROM.

leon sprouse
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestax View Post
Ok, so I flashed about an hour ago and have been playing with it since. I love this ROM! It's fast, it works, there is tons of free onboard memory, etc. This is so awesome. Thanks so much to the OP for this beautiful ROM!

My only complaint is that the boot-up animation and subsequent eplileptic seizure inducing title page are really obnoxious. I would prefer something more sedate. Just a minor thing really. I freaking love this ROM.
I use a boot animation , boot screen and down animation that I installed myself. Its not real hard , so if you want then change them. As a suggestion here is what I use. Victoria Beckham (former Spice Girl) in black with a black penther is my boot screen. EVO Fire is my boot animation coupled with "Ride of the Valkeries" as the sound for the fire (a perfect match) and "Lucy Pendor" blowing a kiss and the words "good bye" is my down animation.

One_Shot_2012
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Thank you for the kind words. I hope all devs keep up the same route. I can help you with the custom dialer pic. Which one do you want. Regardless, here's how you can edit any of these images, really fast. You can even do this on your phone with file explorer apps.

1. Open up the htcdialer.apk and phone.apk with 7zip. Extract the drawable-hdpi folders.
2. Now you have all your images. Navigate to the image you want to change.
3. Edit or swap your image with one that is the same size and of your liking.
4. Now that you have your images, go back to your apk in 7zip and drag your new images back into the drawable-hdpi folder. You are done. Flash or push this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leon sprouse View Post
Where is this keypad mod?
A few pages back...I think on 60 or 61....here ya go though...it seems like a lot at first, but easy as crap once you get the hang of it!
Don't forget to thank OD for the help on this...

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Quote:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=990829

Check these guys out man...their site is dedicated to modifications

-Thomas Paine

Sleestax
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Ok, so I have found three small issues with this ROM.

1. I set a pin lock. When in landscape mode, after I activate the circle lock, the T9 pin lock pad only shows the upper left numbers. It's still in regular mode even though phone in landscape. So i have to rotate vertical to get T9 pad to display properly so I can unlock.

2. I need a German keyboard, so I use the "AnySoftKeyboard" and German language pack. I installed from play store and went into settings to activate, but I still get whatever keyboard is baked into the ROM. Any way to fix this?

3. The landscape mode is wonky. It keeps the screens in that scrolled mode rather than full screen. It causes mis-selections a lot. Also, pressing on app key brings up app launcher menu, but it doesn't scroll right. It jumps from page to page. This is only in landscape mode.

vel7wil
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
PM me and I'll give you the steps to change the boot animations if you want

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Ok, so I have found three small issues with this ROM.

1. I set a pin lock. When in landscape mode, after I activate the circle lock, the T9 pin lock pad only shows the upper left numbers. It's still in regular mode even though phone in landscape. So i have to rotate vertical to get T9 pad to display properly so I can unlock.

2. I need a German keyboard, so I use the "AnySoftKeyboard" and German language pack. I installed from play store and went into settings to activate, but I still get whatever keyboard is baked into the ROM. Any way to fix this?

3. The landscape mode is wonky. It keeps the screens in that scrolled mode rather than full screen. It causes mis-selections a lot. Also, pressing on app key brings up app launcher menu, but it doesn't scroll right. It jumps from page to page. This is only in landscape mode.
Issue 1 cant help ya there...

Issue 2 try settings then language and keyboards to activate if no go then open the keyboard app it self and you should be able to install it. I'm using perfect keyboard and it works fine.

Issue 3 is a sizing thing that OD is aware of I think and is working on it.
Current: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Roms: Lab Rats
Version:4.1.2
Hardware: L900.09
Baseband: L900VPUBMK4
PRI: ?
PRL: 55012
Kernel: 3.0.31-626403sE.infra@SEP-92#1
Themes: Back To The Goodness/\Million Shades of Gray (PATB)
Launcher: TW Launcher
Recovery: TWRP
Retired: Samsung Instinct,Palm Pre,HTC Evo 4g,htc Evo 4G LTE

SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!!!![/
The Following User Says Thank You to vel7wil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sleestax
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by vel7wil View Post
PM me and I'll give you the steps to change the boot animations if you want

Issue 1 cant help ya there...

Issue 2 try settings then language and keyboards to activate if no go then open the keyboard app it self and you should be able to install it. I'm using perfect keyboard and it works fine.

Issue 3 is a sizing thing that OD is aware of I think and is working on it.
Thanks for the feedback. PM sent. I'm going to give the "Go Keyboard" a try since it seems to get good ratings and has a german QWERTZ keyboard. I hope that Issue 3 gets resolved by the OD soon, as it stands, the landscape mode is barely functional.