[ICS AOSP ROM] "AOKP" (Android Open KANG Project) for Droid 4 [BETA 3/16/2012]

OP Hashcode

24th March 2012, 03:25 AM   |  #21  
Flag Washington D.C
Thanks Meter: 26

151 posts
More
Also 3-22 has 3G/4G working for the most part. I only had to toggle between CDMA and CMDA/LTE once today and that was after stepping out of my house connected to wi-fi. Phone had no problems switching between 3G/4G bands while traveling to work. Keep up the good work devs!
Last edited by whiteout7942; 26th March 2012 at 02:36 PM.
24th March 2012, 03:27 AM   |  #22  
Flag Washington D.C

151 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyE

As of right now, no

Sent from my DROID4 on ICS

Fair enough. I'm sure right now you guys are ironing out bigger issues. Just thought I'd ask.
Last edited by whiteout7942; 26th March 2012 at 02:37 PM.
24th March 2012, 05:39 AM   |  #23  
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 318

565 posts
More
Sorry sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout7942

Is it possible to just have the keyboard brightness on even if you don't use auto brightness. I know you can adjust the different levels of brightness when using auto but I always keep my phone on a set brightness level and would like to have the brightness on the keyboard.

Im sorry i didnt fully read this when i quoted you. you can have a set brightness with the keyboard. i have everything fully on as in at its brightest

http://www.box.com/s/c663ef7966833f0d4bab

make it look like this and then hit save and apply

ICS AOSP Open KANG Project ROM via Safestrap
24th March 2012, 10:08 PM   |  #24  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 71

325 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout7942

Also 3-22 has 3G/4G working for the most part. I only had to toggle between CDMA and CMDA/LTE once today and that was after stepping out of my house connected to wi-fi. Phone had no problems switching between 3G/4G bands while traveling to work. Keep up the good work devs!

ICS AOKP Open KANG Project ROM via Safestrap

Just loaded 3-22, and for me data issues still haunt me.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk
24th March 2012, 10:14 PM   |  #25  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 22,447

3,232 posts
Donate to Me
More
For me data is working in good signal areas with strong 4g. Its a lot more iffy in other areas, and I think that's where the frustration comes in.

Its a work in progress.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2012, 07:07 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Installed 3/25 nightly. Will continue to test data, but one major problem I am having is that no on screen keyboard pops up in any text field and also no back lighting on the physical keyboard at all....otherwise I love this ROM thanks to the devs!
26th March 2012, 02:55 PM   |  #27  
Flag Washington D.C

151 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RastaPasta

Installed 3/25 nightly. Will continue to test data, but one major problem I am having is that no on screen keyboard pops up in any text field and also no back lighting on the physical keyboard at all....otherwise I love this ROM thanks to the devs!

If you have multiple keyboards installed try selecting a different keyboard in the settings. If you only have one keyboard installed, go to the market and download a free one like Go keyboard. Then apply that keyboard to see if it shows up or if it gives you the same problem. I'm trying to narrow it down to whether its a problem with stock keyboard or a ROM issue loading keyboards in general.
Last edited by whiteout7942; 26th March 2012 at 02:58 PM.
26th March 2012, 06:11 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
i have multiple keyboards...android and swift key x. i tried to switch between them before but no luck

Sent from my XT894 using xda premium
26th March 2012, 06:52 PM   |  #29  
Flag Birmingham

325 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode

For me data is working in good signal areas with strong 4g. Its a lot more iffy in other areas, and I think that's where the frustration comes in.

Its a work in progress.

In my area I'm covered in 4g whereever I go, so that's not an issue for me. What happens is just getting it to kick in that first time, once it kicks in its perfect until I reboot. Most of time time I reboot and its gsm, I change it and it magicly goes away after a few seconds where it doesn't have any network selected, then I fight with that for a while and it will get 4g then not work. One more switch or two then it usually kicks in. In short its a pain but at least its consistent.

26th March 2012, 06:55 PM   |  #30  
Flag Birmingham

325 posts
More
One thing to note with aosp rom data issues had pretty much went away, but with aokp the issue remains.
Not sure if aokp is caught up to aosp as far as that goes.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread