[USB Drivers] Galaxy S GT-I9000 (Working on ICS)
And bacon and spam:
I've recently upgraded my SGS to ICS (ICSSGS ROM) and started to develop a simple application.
So, now i've got to the point that the emulator starts to show its limitations, so i need to debug directly on the real device.
Well, i've been trying to make ADB recognize my phone, tried several usb drivers from several sites, none of them worked.
After several hours spanking windows, it's finally working (yes! almost 6 AM in the morning!).
So, to anybody who have the same problem as i had, do the following:
0. Uninstall any drivers that you've tried before.
1. Extract the zip file that i've uploaded to anywhere you like.
2. Enable debugging on your phone and connect it to PC throught the USB cable
(Just connect it, don't mount)
3. On your computer, click Start -> Right click on "Computer" -> Manage
This will open the "Computer Management" window (it might take some seconds to load).
4. Click "Device Manager". Now you should find your device in the list. It must be really easy to find. It's called something like "GT-I9000" or "GalaxyS" and it has a yellow warning sign next to it.
5. Right click on it and choose "Update Driver Software". In the window that appears, choose "Browse my computer for driver software". It then asks you where is the driver.
6. Click the "Browse" button and choose the folder you extracted from my zip file.
(If you didn't change it, it must be called "Android Composite ADB Interface")
7. Click "Next" and cross your fingers. If you're lucky, it may work for you.
1. I'm not responsible for ANYTHING. Whatever you do, it's your own choise to do it. I guarantee absolutely nothing.
2. This is was tested on Windows 7 - 64 bits with Team ICSSGS RC4.2 ROM and Semaphore ICS 0.9.1 Kernel.
3. Have fun.
4. If you try this, please answer the topic and tell everybody if it's working for you (mentioning your Windows version and what ROM you use).