What's the verdict on screen protectors?

Search This thread

dmmcd

Sep 20, 2011
Souderton, PA
I had one on originally, but got the newton rings and sent it back. I never bothered putting one on my new tab. I actually much prefer the feel of it without the screen protector. I have a case that covers the screen when I'm not using it, so I feel the risk of scratching is minimal. The protector just felt sort of rubbery, while the bare glass feels really smooth and slick. Could be the brand of screen protector. But I don't see much of a benefit of putting one on at this point.

But I do have 4 kids, so maybe you don't want take my advice on using supplemental protection... ;)

mvan4310

Jan 14, 2012
Yep, don't feel right unless i do. I use a zagg from best buy, since they have never died on me.

Ken4G

Sep 7, 2011
Buffalo, NY USA
Nope, I just use the official Samsung "book cover" case. Why would I want to cover such a sexy, smooth glass screen with a piece of plastic? :cool:

Reactions: akarol

akarol

Jun 16, 2010
Orlando
I did, and took it off weeks after. No matter what protector you use, it will diminish the quality of the screen. I tried the Zagg and BodyGuardz and when I took them off again, I realized that the screen is too sexy to be hindered. It's Gorilla Glass people; it doesn't scratch that easily. I have my tablet with a TPU case and I have no scratches so far. Just be careful where you put it and you're good to go.

jclav85

Sep 24, 2011
I'm a huge fan of Matte finish anti-glare screen protectors. My tab is sporting one, so is my Galaxy S2...other protectors just get covered in fingerprints as well as not having one on... you should try it. Some people like them some don't... IMO best type of screen protectors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

TabGuy

Jun 20, 2011
I've had mine since they first day that Samsung sold the Tab and have never used a screen protector. Not a single scratch or mark on the screen.

Tablets are different than phones. Generally people chose a case that closes over the screen. It's not like you're going to put it in your pocket and get the screen scratched by your keys.

If your case doesn't close to cover the screen or you don't use a case all the time then it might be recommended to use a screen protector. Otherwise the only thing that should come in contact with the screen is your finger or a stylus. Unless, of course, you drop it.

leadbelly76

Sep 7, 2010
OKC
I have had mine since launch with no screen protector and no scratches. It might be a question you have to ask yourself, as far as how much wear and tear will your tab see? It's not like a phone I keep in my pocket and carry everywhere (although I do take my tablet just about everywhere) that can get scratched by keys and the like.

slack04

May 4, 2010
+1 on matte protectors. Also, get a full body protector (sides and back are not scratch resistant!)

Jummy

Sep 19, 2007
+ 1

I use a bookcase and screen protector. I usually take care of my electronics but somehow I managed to get some small scratches on my screen. I am not sure if they came from using my dagi stylus or from the cloth I use to wipe it with (dry booger perhaps). If you plan on using a stylus I would go for a screen protector. I am currently using one from Belkin but wouldn't really recommend it. I applied as pr instruction but it has an oily look to it. I spoke to their customer service and they said they would send me a new one but haven't received it yet (2 weeks).

jackie_jagger

Jul 23, 2010
Vancouver, CA
I, personally, can't stand the matte ones. It makes the screen look too grainy

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

I love matte ones but again the rainbow effect annoys me, so I found this SGP Ultra Fine - they advertise it as NO RAINBOW effects (link)

Does anyone here uses this and know it to be true or know if any other screen protectors do this?

I'm quite annoyed at the fact that the screen isn't oleophobic, attracts too many fingerprints !

Cheers

Nash123

Sep 21, 2010
Never used them on SGS or Tab. Screens still look as good as new.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000

fnair

Sep 1, 2011
Montreal
Nope... I have the Samsung case which protects the tablet well and as others have said it's Gorilla glass, so it doesn't scratch easily. The screen is too nice to cover it up.

I also don't have one on my sgs2 which is always in my pocket (nothing else in the same pocket) and it doesn't have any scratches after about 7 months.

I really question the use of cases and screen protectors for phones... In 2-3 years you are likely gonna change phones anyway... Why rob yourself of the smoother and better looking screen? So that it's still in good shape when you get rid of it? ? ? I'd rather enjoy the phone to it's full potential while I use it with the risk of getting scratches than keeping it in pristine shape for when it ends up in a drawer or in someone else's hands.

Last edited:

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
Nope... I have the Samsung case which protects the tablet well and as others have said it's Gorilla glass, so it doesn't scratch easily. The screen is too nice to cover it up.

I also don't have one on my sgs2 which is always in my pocket (nothing else in the same pocket) and it doesn't have any scratches after about 7 months.

I really question the use of cases and screen protectors for phones... In 2-3 years you are likely gonna change phones anyway... Why rob yourself of the smoother and better looking screen? So that it's still in good shape when you get rid of it? ? ? I'd rather enjoy the phone to it's full potential while I use it with there risk of getting scratches than keeping it in pristine shape for when it ends up in a drawer or in someone else's hands.

Many times 2-3 years is a longer time than I think is actual. More like 1-2.
But on point, because a device without scratches on on the screen can bring twice as much used than one with scratches.
Just my two cents.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope, I just use the official Samsung "book cover" case. Why would I want to cover such a sexy, smooth glass screen with a piece of plastic? :cool:

Sorry can't help on the one you link to, but I have a really cheap one from pyro skins, matte anti-glare and have never been happier with a screen protector. It was not advertised as as anti-rainbow, but I've never noticed any rainbow effect.
    I do have issues with the cloth they sent being low quality, but the screen protector and case is great. I was obsessed with finger prints on the unprotected screen I thought I was gonna wear it out just from cleaning, but since putting this one on, I haven't tried much at all cleaning the screen. Basically because it looks and functions so great while on, seems more responsive than without it, I guess I got used to it looking like crap with the screen off. :D Don't think I could get it up look clean while the tab is off anyway.
    Another point I should mention is no matter the condition my finger is in, moist, dry, or in between it always seems to respond the same... great. :D
    Edit: Just looked at the price and for that much it better apply itself and be replaced instantly for free "before" you scratch it. ;)
    Hopefully someone can give you a personal experience, but most people wont spend that kind of money for just a screen protector. I paid a tenth of that shipped.

Well makes a little sense...my wife is a female and she said it...so yeah, "That's what she said."
    I get the joke, but am missing the humor in it. Even taken out of context it's just not funny. I guess it's cause even out of context, she still said it :p
    Sorry, but guess it could be funny if I had stated it personally, or another male at least, and then you said "That's what she said." :D
    Edit: It's funny if you add "to me." after your post. LOL
    So edit your post to make it funny. ;)

I think it is a reference to a character in a TV show, Michael Scott from The Office...