Originally Posted by zalanz
Can anyone help with upgrading my P1000 to ICS?
I have read it can be done via flash and sd card but I am far from confident doing that.
I am happy using Odin and have upgraded to gingerbread ok.
Can anyone tell me is it now possible to install ICS easily just using Odin?
Any help would be fantastic
Hi zalanz. I am able to help you with this. I will try to explain as easy as i can.
Note : I will not be responsible for any damage happen to your tab. Make sure you follow the steps carefully as it may brick your tab. Make sure you already have backup every important documents before using this tutorial guide. IMPORTANT!! make sure the backup files is NOT in your SD Card/Phone.
Upgrading Gingerbread 2.3.3 to Cyanogenmod7 2.3.6
1. You will need to download 3 important files.
a. MSVCP100.dll from Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 runtimes and get it at
b. Heimdall flashing program. [glassechidna.com.au/products/heimdall/]
[Filename] heimdall-suite-1.1.1-win32.zip [extract files].
c. Download cyanogenmod 7 firmware files [ tcm7beta-2012-02-19.zip ] by clicking this link gtab7.nexus-lab.com/cm7sgt/tc...2012-02-19.zip alternatively if you cannot find the link you always can get it a forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=931857
2. Run Heimdall and follow this youtube tutorial [youtube.com/watch?v=CAK9i_ISeqM ]
3. Finish! Now you should be having your P1000 tab running on Cyanogenmod7 2.3.6 [rooted]
Cyanogenmod7 2.3.6 to Cyanogenmod9 a.k.a Humber OS [ Ice cream Sandwich 4.0]
1. You will need to download 3 important files from humberos.com.br/p/android-ics.html
a. CM9-SGT7-TE4M-20120307.zip Rom files
b. GApps .zip
c. P1000.zip Kernal files
2. You will need to extract files from CM9-SGT7-TE4M-20120307.zip and p1000.zip into a separate folder. Rename the folder to CM9-SGT7-TE4M-20120307 and another folder name KERNEL. After extract from both, choose zImage filename from folder p1000 copy files and paste into CM9-SGT7-TE4M-20120307 [extracted files] folder. Doing this will only replace the zImage filename into newer one.
3. Copy all the 3 important files into your External SD card.
4. Run the CWM Recovery Mode [pwr button + volume up]
5. Choose to install your files from SD CARD
6. Follow these steps
How to install
1. Copy all files (ROM+Kernel+GApps) to sdcard
2. Recovery Mode
3. Install ROM (don't restart)
4. For All Models - Install Kernel (don't needs bluetooth fix - don't restart yet)
5. Install GApps (after install, restart)
Finish! Now you should be having your P1000 tab running on Cyanogenmod9 a.k.a Humber OS [ Ice cream Sandwich 4.0] [rooted]
Other methods of flashing your ROM
1. you must have rom with ext4 support before flashing with ics cm9, ie: overcome,
2. go to cwm,wipe user datat, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache.
3. pick install from sdcard, locate where you put cm9 rom file
4. after flashing rom, do not reboot, you must flashing the kernel, then install gapps,reboot
p/s: forgive me for my bad english. This guide I made it myself based on my research at google, xda-developer, Humber OS, all the files need to be download you can find it at the website given. Just dont forget to add www at front of the link. I repeat again I will not be responsible for any damage happen to your tab. Make sure you follow the steps carefully as it may brick your tab. Make sure you already have backup every important documents before using this tutorial guide. IMPORTANT!! make sure the backup files is NOT in your SD Card/Phone.