Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,979 Members 47,350 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

{KERNEL - DEV} (Open Source Kernel) XpLoDWilD's PopAds Kernel- NOTE IS BACK!(30.4.12)

Tip us?

geo.samuel
Old
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta93 View Post
You may also fart from time to time.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
Lol thats a nice expression!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfractal View Post
Dude, chill, what's with all the aggression ?
No aggression mate!!
Just being thankful for what we have rather that what we lost!!

SHOT FROM A LOADED GT - N7000
CHEERS!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE
DELL STREAK 5
SAMSUNG GALAXY S I9000
XPERIA ARC
Xperia X1 {RETIRED}
TWITTER
INSTAGRAM

androidindian
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Edit: Right now, I would not trust CWM repacked into any ICS leak. Previously I thought it was badly packed CWM, but the recent rash of hardbricks that happened when SiyahKernel for I9100 rebased on the Korean SHW-M250* sources indicates that some ICS kernels may have some SERIOUS bugs. At this point I wouldn't trust anything not built off of the I9100 update4 base.

Later this week I'm going to try and get a source-built kernel for the Note out using the I9100 update4 base.

any more updates on your findings mate? please do share if you have anything Thank you so much!

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidindian View Post
any more updates on your findings mate? please do share if you have anything Thank you so much!
Well, I booted Criskelo on a custom kernel last night. Sources are pushed to my github (well, initramfs is still pushing), it's from the same tree as my I777 Touchwizz kernel.

It's a bit more difficult to install than most kernels - the leaks are using old EGL and gralloc libs that won't boot with opensource kernels. Good news is that the libs from I9100 official releases will work - the files in https://github.com/koush/proprietary...y/graphics/lib need to be placed in /system/lib (This was also the main key to booting CM9 on the N7000 using an open source kernel.)

I'll try to post something flashable tonight or tomorrow night.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DJsCrIBbLe
Old
Thanks Meter 170

DONATE TO ME
Speechless!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Entropy512
Old
Thanks Meter 24119

DONATE TO ME
I PMed imilka to see how we can work together. We've had a bit of duplicated effort which is counterproductive, but I hope with some better coordination things can work out best for all involved.

xplod's hardbrick kind of really threw everything for a loop - He had a nearly complete device tree including a kernel close to building, but no way to test it. Imilka was basing off of leak repacks which many people dislike. (In my case - I don't touch anything that's based off of leak repacks with VERY rare exceptions.)

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mfractal
Old
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I PMed imilka to see how we can work together. We've had a bit of duplicated effort which is counterproductive, but I hope with some better coordination things can work out best for all involved.

xplod's hardbrick kind of really threw everything for a loop - He had a nearly complete device tree including a kernel close to building, but no way to test it. Imilka was basing off of leak repacks which many people dislike. (In my case - I don't touch anything that's based off of leak repacks with VERY rare exceptions.)
hopefully you can collaborate, after all, it's in our best interest!
ARHD Supporter

HTC One M8 DEV Edition
ROM: ARHD 10.1
F/W: 2.12.401.3
Kernel : Stock
S-OFF + SuperCID
The Following User Says Thank You to mfractal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ssss69
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:

Sounds pretty good

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

androidindian
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 807
Updated OP.

Great news! Xplodwild is receiving his note back from the store this weekend, and will resume device tree and kernel progress! Awesome times for development and CM9 coming soon!
The Following User Says Thank You to androidindian For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Entropy512
Old
Thanks Meter 24119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidindian View Post
Updated OP.

Great news! Xplodwild is receiving his note back from the store this weekend, and will resume device tree and kernel progress! Awesome times for development and CM9 coming soon!
It also looks like xplod or codeworkx decided to make the device tree repo public.

At this point:
extract-files.sh is broken - I need to fix it this weekend
The vendor proprietary repo is not published - I need to clean up my prop files and push them to a repo
I just realized this morning that outgoing call audio is broken! Yes, that's how rarely I make calls - I've been using my device only for data since Friday. Seems to be a kernel issue, as it also happens when running my Touchwizz kernel on ZCLP6 firmwares.

Code:
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DJ-Tumor
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Me too dude! My telephone is rarely a telephone to me

More sort of a multimedia internet machine

Tags
##please remove those silly tags##, android 4.0, aosp, development, free phone, kernel, open source, pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism, suckers, vaporware, yes this is dog