Post Reply

[Battery] Thread

OP orb3000

12th March 2012, 06:33 PM   |  #1  
orb3000's Avatar
OP XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,040
 
22,287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Donate to Me
Here all battery related topics please
The Following User Says Thank You to orb3000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2012, 09:38 PM   |  #2  
joplayer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Valence
Thanks Meter: 94
 
247 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
About battery I wonder if there will be a way to replace it once warranty is over. Because I'm really concerned of battery longevity. I mean, after two years of intensive use its life will decrease quite a lot so does the current design may allow some not too hard replacement ?
13th March 2012, 03:18 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
815 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
since the battery isnt gonna be removable, i am currently considering buying a portable charger..

here are some i found.. would like an opinion on which capacity would be good..

http://www.netimes.com/shop/power-ma...?cPath=445_711

http://www.netimes.com/shop/2000mah-...?cPath=445_711

http://www.netimes.com/shop/dualport...l?cPath=80_731

http://mobilemate.yetaa.com/accessor...ower-bank.html

the last link has the same capacity as the 2nd last but it is way cheaper.. is it safe?
13th March 2012, 06:22 PM   |  #4  
joplayer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Valence
Thanks Meter: 94
 
247 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
Am not a big fan of portable chargers, I fear from it to load the battery not at the right current speed, making it last fewer on the long term... I'm probably wrong though
25th March 2012, 03:15 PM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
65 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
i am using the new trent 11000 mAh portable charger for my phones and its a beast. charges up my nexus s 6x before dying. Only downside is that it only charges one device at a time.
The Following User Says Thank You to 24inchsub For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2012, 09:33 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
229 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24inchsub

i am using the new trent 11000 mAh portable charger for my phones and its a beast. charges up my nexus s 6x before dying. Only downside is that it only charges one device at a time.

got the same, i think they have a new model with dual charging but im not in need of that.
26th March 2012, 09:54 AM   |  #7  
Scann69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 51
 
933 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
More
I have personally been using this brand for some time.

http://www.yoobao.com/en/product.asp..._id=0&a_id=297
27th March 2012, 10:41 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
435 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Any ideas what the best UK option is for a portable charger?

Not too expensive, but I want it to be high quality too
27th March 2012, 01:44 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
815 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fi3ry_icy

since the battery isnt gonna be removable, i am currently considering buying a portable charger..

here are some i found.. would like an opinion on which capacity would be good..

http://www.netimes.com/shop/power-ma...?cPath=445_711

http://www.netimes.com/shop/2000mah-...?cPath=445_711

http://www.netimes.com/shop/dualport...l?cPath=80_731

http://mobilemate.yetaa.com/accessor...ower-bank.html

the last link has the same capacity as the 2nd last but it is way cheaper.. is it safe?


maybe OP wanna add links to portable charger in my previous post to his thread .. or something..
27th March 2012, 02:43 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Ryde
Thanks Meter: 36
 
230 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCowell

Any ideas what the best UK option is for a portable charger?

Not too expensive, but I want it to be high quality too


this is what ive been using with my galaxy s2 and girlfriends ipad. great for giving you that extra boost

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet%C2%A...2855686&sr=1-2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes