Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 52,389 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Battery] Thread

Tip us?

mamv
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomqman View Post
this is what ive been using with my galaxy s2 and girlfriends ipad. great for giving you that extra boost

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet%C2%A...2855686&sr=1-2
Does this fully charge your phone? In the same time it does when connected to AC?

Thanks in advance

TescoloveAsda
Old
Thanks Meter 9
waiting quality battery release

tIPODgraphic
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hello.
Today I bought this from Amazon Spain for 30 (charge included):
Sony CP-A2LS 4000mAh Li-ion

mrrogers1
Old
Thanks Meter 2281
Quote:
Originally Posted by TescoloveAsda View Post
waiting quality battery release
Huh?

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scann69 View Post
I have personally been using this brand for some time.

http://www.yoobao.com/en/product.asp..._id=0&a_id=297
What is the charge time when using this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamv View Post
Does this fully charge your phone? In the same time it does when connected to AC?

Thanks in advance
Yeah, what he said.

Thanks!

TheShoura
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24inchsub View Post
i am using the new trent 11000 mAh portable charger for my phones and its a beast. charges up my nexus s 6x before dying. Only downside is that it only charges one device at a time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampa_D View Post
got the same, i think they have a new model with dual charging but im not in need of that.
LINK?????

please
Galaxy Nexus GSM | T-Mobile USA
Nexus 10 16GB
------------------------
Always remember to be kind to those who provide! Volunteering is much more rewarding when people are kind and thankful!

nickp123
Old
Thanks Meter 0
To me, it seems slightly counterproductive carrying around a phone and a portable charger. Especially with in car chargers, main sockets everywhere etc.

Not knocking anyone, just saying id rather carry just the phone, and extend the battery with the plethora of available settings and/or apps.

lsainsbury
Old
Thanks Meter 1
HTC One X battery - first time charge:

What's the consensus on the first time charging? I've read before (somewhere) that you should fully charge the phones battery before switching it on as this will give it a good charging condition. Or is that complete rubbish and you can just start charging and switch it on and set it up?
Cheers,

Lee

TheShoura
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsainsbury View Post
HTC One X battery - first time charge:

What's the consensus on the first time charging? I've read before (somewhere) that you should fully charge the phones battery before switching it on as this will give it a good charging condition. Or is that complete rubbish and you can just start charging and switch it on and set it up?
...I usually just open the box, plug it in to start charging, and turn the sucker on! I see no reasonably important reason to wait for 100% charge on first time use and have never seen evidence to support it does any good (or not doing so is bad).

Hypothetically, they tell you to charge it because if the battery is too low and you turn on the device, you will damage the battery. I just plug it in, give it a min, and turn it on.
Galaxy Nexus GSM | T-Mobile USA
Nexus 10 16GB
------------------------
Always remember to be kind to those who provide! Volunteering is much more rewarding when people are kind and thankful!
The Following User Says Thank You to TheShoura For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tattari
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Got the device 2 days ago ... will report on battery usage

Chartist
Old
Thanks Meter 15
There have been several recommendations for chargers in different threads based on experience with other phones. Has anyone any experience of charging a ONE X from an external battery and would they recommend the charger they have used?