Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,204 Members 45,316 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Battery] Thread

Tip us?

Arthur Hucksake
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Looking for an external battery than can push out the 1A which the socket charge pumps out. Anyone checked that?

tsleng
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Hucksake View Post
Looking for an external battery than can push out the 1A which the socket charge pumps out. Anyone checked that?
Finally getting one eh?

Amazon has 7000mAh units for sale around 25. Newtrent and Tecknet. 5000mAh units are 20. If you want to splash, then 11000mAh units are 35.

I bought the Newtrent 7000mAh unit and might get to use it next week when I travel on the train to London. Will post my views of it then!

chrisjcks
Old
(Last edited by chrisjcks; 12th April 2012 at 06:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 837
Deleted...

Put it in the wrong thread.

Sorry.
Phone: Google Nexus 4 (Stock Unlocked / Rooted / Jelly Bean 4.3)
Phablet: Nexus 7 (Stock Unlocked / Rooted / Jelly Bean 4.3)
Tablet: Motorola Xoom (Stock Locked / Jelly Bean 4.1.2)

wcypierre
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by joplayer View Post
About battery I wonder if there will be a way to replace it once warranty is over. Because I'm really concerned of battery longevity. I mean, after two years of intensive use its life will decrease quite a lot so does the current design may allow some not too hard replacement ?
had similar thoughts as well before and after buying the phone. Portable chargers can help but when the phone can only hold <50% of its original capacity, so you gotta charge it always as it will die(used up the battery) quite often

mrrogers1
Old
Thanks Meter 2,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcypierre View Post
had similar thoughts as well before and after buying the phone. Portable chargers can help but when the phone can only hold <50% of its original capacity, so you gotta charge it always as it will die(used up the battery) quite often
Does anyone know how Apple/Sprint/Verizon/AT&T handles iPhone battery replacement? It's not like this is the first phone that has a non-removable battery so there has to be provisions made somewhere or at least guidelines to go by.

Hoping the warranty on the device is the standard 1yr at least BUT the battery replacement is going to be longer, maybe to the standard 2yr agreement plan?? I don't usually have a device for more than a year but 2yr agreement and battery replacement just seems to make sense. *At least from the the end users point of view.

mrrogers1
Old
Thanks Meter 2,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Hucksake View Post
I was going to order one of the New Trent IMP500 ifuel 5000mAh units BUT after not being able to find the output spec I emailed them and their units only do 600mA out so it will not charge at the same rate as the wall plug which does 1000mA (1amp per hour) just like the wall charger.

I did already (delivered yesterday) buy one of the Anker 5600mA Power Bank units which does, indeed, have the 1000mA output rating so I think I'm going to stick with this one. I had originally planned to try both the New Trent and Anker but since the New Trent (and from what they told me, none of theirs do) doesn't supply the 1000mA output, I'm not going to even bother.

HTH

wcypierre
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrogers1 View Post
Does anyone know how Apple/Sprint/Verizon/AT&T handles iPhone battery replacement? It's not like this is the first phone that has a non-removable battery so there has to be provisions made somewhere or at least guidelines to go by.

Hoping the warranty on the device is the standard 1yr at least BUT the battery replacement is going to be longer, maybe to the standard 2yr agreement plan?? I don't usually have a device for more than a year but 2yr agreement and battery replacement just seems to make sense. *At least from the the end users point of view.
Not sure how they do it(I think it can still be replaced and "sticked" back nicely, maybe not in a normal fashion but maybe it may be possible with special skills or tools, but not sure bout that since I'm not an expert in that part). Otherwise, HTC would have a lot of phones in disposal area(for example, if a user return the phone back because of faulty screen, HTC cannot reuse it back in which I think is not very possible so I think there is a way to open it so they could extract other parts and replace the screen)

Well, let's see what HTC can provide us with at the end of the day. Haven't tried to ask to exchange for anything yet so can't comment on its after sales service.

fi3ry_icy
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcypierre View Post
Not sure how they do it(I think it can still be replaced and "sticked" back nicely, maybe not in a normal fashion but maybe it may be possible with special skills or tools, but not sure bout that since I'm not an expert in that part). Otherwise, HTC would have a lot of phones in disposal area(for example, if a user return the phone back because of faulty screen, HTC cannot reuse it back in which I think is not very possible so I think there is a way to open it so they could extract other parts and replace the screen)

Well, let's see what HTC can provide us with at the end of the day. Haven't tried to ask to exchange for anything yet so can't comment on its after sales service.
Either way they better not sell these units as NEW sets.. if they fail in quality control this is the price they have to pay..

Hope HTC wakes up and stop treating us loyal customers as dispensers..

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium App

wcypierre
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by fi3ry_icy View Post
Either way they better not sell these units as NEW sets.. if they fail in quality control this is the price they have to pay..

Hope HTC wakes up and stop treating us loyal customers as dispensers..

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium App
True. Otherwise I would go for iOS(iPhone) or WP(Lumia)

Castellano2
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Is possible to gain battery that doesnt charge the phone which is used only as battery? I dont want to lose charging cycles