XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC one X original Car Upgrade Kit [Video]

Tip us?

Huey85
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmCube View Post
Let us know what it really looks like, i've seen like 5 versions of this thing :P

I would also like to know if the usb connector can be attached permanently.
will do buddy will take pics for you guys too.
Current phone: Google Nexus 5 (32GB Black)| Previous phone: HTC One - Silver/White (64GB), HTC One - Silver/White (32GB) - sold.
Current tablet: Google Nexus 7 (32GB - CA0)
The Following User Says Thank You to Huey85 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rikclephas
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey85 View Post
will do buddy will take pics for you guys too.
Can't wait for the pics

crayfishuk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Brodit have brought out a passive one...

http://www.brodit.com/product.html?i...ne%20X%20S720e

Still waiting for the active one... lets hope it uses the 5 pin pogo(?) connector - the microusb is very snug on my OneX

-C

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

... and let's hope the active Brodit holder is a landscape one with the auto-trigger of the Car App...

It's not tooo much to ask for is it??

-C

Huey85
Old
Thanks Meter 162
my kit should be arriving today. it's currently on board with the delivery driver
Current phone: Google Nexus 5 (32GB Black)| Previous phone: HTC One - Silver/White (64GB), HTC One - Silver/White (32GB) - sold.
The Following User Says Thank You to Huey85 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JeepFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 190
I've had the offical HTC car dock for my Nexus One for a couple years now and you can bet your arse I'll be buying the offical HTC car dock for the 1X when I get it!

It's just so nice and convenient to pop the phone in and out, the suction cup is top quality (although, I did have it fall off in real hot weather some times, but I don't think that can be avoided), and if you throw in a little Tasker magic, you can have the phone do all kinds of cool stuff when you pop it into the dock.

HTH,
Billy

Huey85
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Just received my car kit. Photos on the way soon. Got a free screen wipe as a little bonus too lol.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

byakuugan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey85 View Post
Just received my car kit. Photos on the way soon. Got a free screen wipe as a little bonus too lol.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Did you get exactly the same item as what you have ordered?
I received the one without the upper half of the holder.
Going to write back to http://htcaccessories.com.au

And it's really useless as it doesn't really hold your phone well.
If you are not slowing down enough on speed bump, prepare to see a flying one x
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0018.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	1013047  

Huey85
Old
(Last edited by Huey85; 19th April 2012 at 01:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by byakuugan View Post
Did you get exactly the same item as what you have ordered?
I received the one without the upper half of the holder.
Going to write back to http://htcaccessories.com.au

And it's really useless as it doesn't really hold your phone well.
If you are not slowing down enough on speed bump, prepare to see a flying one x
That's the exact same one as I ordered and received.. The picture on the HTC Accessories (AU) website is of the Desire HD's car dock I believe (look at the capacitive buttons on the phone - the phone in the pic is not a HTC One X)..

Anyways, here are some pics of the car dock - I don't believe it is as bad as you make it out to be. It is pretty darn secure when you've slot the phone in with the microUSB cable connected and I don't believe the phone would go flying even if you didn't slow down at a speed hump (however, I would definitely need to slow down and angle my car, as it is lowered on coilover suspension lol)...

WARNING - Crapload of pics and not 56k friendly..

The package and a little bonus from HTCAccessories.com.au (a freebie is a freebie, regardless how small it is)

The package contents - Car dock cradle, Car charging kit, Dash mount disc, User instruction booklet

Close-up view (Car mode enabled)

Another angle - right side (Car mode enabled)

Another angle - left side (Car mode enabled)

In car view (Car mode enabled - lockscreen)

In car view (Car mode enabled - Car mode homescreen)

In car view (Car mode enabled - Music screen)

I'm still yet to use the dock for navigation purposes but plan to do so tomorrow
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Huey85 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GioDoe
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks for the pics.
Could you try to use an alternative cable/usb car charger and see if it still activates the car mode? I do not have any background in electronics, would it be possible that HTC have made a modified charger or cable for this particular purpose, something that sends a specific signal through the usb port to start car mode?

Huey85
Old
Thanks Meter 162
I'll try that out tomorrow - however I believe that there's something to do with the actual cable that is supplied that activates car mode + bluetooth connectivity.