Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,881 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Should I Continue Maintaining xKernel for Ray, What Say You?
No. You done enough 18 6.02%
Yes you should 276 92.31%
Not necessary 11 3.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

[xKERNEL|ICS&JB|27/11] xKernel v9.587-D | another version that not released

Tip us?

hansip87
Old
Thanks Meter 1734

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkay View Post
like i said to JJ .. love to tortured your passion ahaha

EDIT: so what you guys think, is it my kernel ready for SE Official ICS?
Well imho 2.5.1 is perfect i think haven't tried 3.0.1 though. Have no computer around to flash it. need to go home and flash it.

You're right sirkay, better to hold your kernel and test it thoroughly yourself. To be honest even without your v3, I like the fact that 2.5.1 is perfect, if not flawless. Have I not read your kernel updates this morning, ill be rolling faster than today with v2.5.1.. well im a human.. so hard to resist..

sent from my white ray using XDA App
Love to Mod, Love to Experiment,
Sony Fanatic

My App Project:
Fast App Switcher Small App
System Monitor Small App

Phone History:
Nokia 6233 - Sony Ericsson K700i - SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro - SE Xperia Ray - Motorola RAZR Maxx - Xperia Z Ultra

kizsleg
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by *boy*racer* View Post
No I didn't already flash the su fix when installed the Rom. I'm using ics beta V3. Oh well at least it's working

Sent from my Xperia Ray using xda premium
well flashing that one is very important. that one solve my problem in backup/restore issue in titanium backup.

sirkay
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2135

DONATE TO ME
then i need to update link for v3.0.2? already got standby version just incase v3.0.1 doesnt give good performance. huhu.. i like to read feedback from you guys

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium

HTML Code:
[IMG]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39034447/sigs.png[/IMG]
| Sony Ericsson W880i
xKernel Ray | xKernel Arc | xKernel Neo | xKernel V?? coming soon | Git | Basebands
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sirkay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kizsleg
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkay View Post
then i need to update link for v3.0.2? already got standby version just incase v3.0.1 doesnt give good performance. huhu.. i like to read feedback from you guys

im ready!

sirkay
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2135

DONATE TO ME
link for v3.0.2 updated! revert to old freq table, min 134MHz with small fixes

HTML Code:
| Sony Ericsson W880i
xKernel Ray | xKernel Arc | xKernel Neo | xKernel V?? coming soon | Git | Basebands
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sirkay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MegaWath
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Yesterday I've gone from Naples to Berlin with the plane, so I turned off my ray with the flight-mode activated..... Now I just can't turn on my phone (it go in loop: after SONY, XPERIA is displayed and the phone reboot)

Now I have re-installed ICS and goes normally.. It's a kernel or ICS (that is a beta) issue?

justmpm
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2358
I am having some troubles with the zram. It is installing on some roms and not on others. In the ones where it installs I see a 14zram script in /system/etc/init.d and I can see see the swap being populated. When it doesn't install, I don't see the script and the size of the swap stays 0. It doesn't seem to depend on init.d support as the ROMs that don't install the zram run init.d scripts. (I use the test script of Iridaki for this).....I was wondering if I could just put the 14zram script from a "working" rom into the ones that don't work...or if it is more complicated than this. More importantly, there is a 10% loss in performance (Quadrant scrore) when zram is activated....you can get some of the performance back by using really aggressive LMK settings...but this is because you end up writing to the zram partition much less (at least there is less information stored there)....so is there an easy way to inactivate zram and have the inactivatation stick through reboots?

Kernels Tested:
xray_v2.5.img
xray_v2.5.1.img
xray_v3.0.1.img

ROMs Tested:
KA12 (zram -)
KA11 (zram +)
KA10 (zram +)
Unofficial Miui (zram -)

kizsleg
Old
Thanks Meter 90
phone still sleep well with 3.0.2. I cant even tell improvement now since 3.0.1 is ok. the only recognizable change is the Freq. table. Can you tell us the small fixed you've made with .2 so that we can monitor it?

sirkay
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2135

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kizsleg View Post
phone still sleep well with 3.0.2. I cant even tell improvement now since 3.0.1 is ok. the only recognizable change is the Freq. table. Can you tell us the small fixed you've made with .2 so that we can monitor it?
fix for freq table, before this 134mhz was unused even we set it as min no matter what gov we used.

HTML Code:
| Sony Ericsson W880i

funiewski
Old
(Last edited by funiewski; 9th April 2012 at 10:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 166
pc companion and android commander can not see my ray as sony device, i'm now on jj's hybrid, is it kernel or rom dependent?

Edit:i managed to get rid of the problem after edititng build.prop and changing to st18i everywhere possible, but still is it kernel or rom dependent?

Tags
ray, ray kernel, sirkay, urushi, xperia ray