Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 48,135 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Next Evolution of Homescreen. Chameleon ..it'll eat HUBS Alive!

Tip us?

demandarin
Old
(Last edited by demandarin; 26th May 2012 at 12:43 AM.) Reason: Chameleon Labs Update
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2044
Thumbs up Next Evolution of Homescreen. Chameleon ..it'll eat HUBS Alive!

this is the next evolution in homescreen tech. This is the Chameleon, a UX overlay. Created by the same people who made the Playbook overlay screen. Playbook was a flop but its screen overlay was very impressive and praised alot because it was one of the most interesting features of that device. well now this is coming to Android and might be integrated into future devices also. can't wait to get this app. very clean and slick looking. plus not a pain to set up like Hubs. IMO this is like Hubs taken to the next level. even has face unlock for having different profiles. just like a PC. so your kid or someone else could open it up and have their own profile and be limited to what kinds of things they can access based on what you allow. Looks very promising and coming very soon.
http://www.androidpit.com/en/android...oid-homescreen

CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE. GOES INTO DETAIL ABOUT THIS AND HAS GREAT PIX ON IT!
HTTP://chameleon.teknision.com

UPDATE
The creators are trying to get this project off the ground. Deal with manufacturers may not be going as they liked. So they need to raise money to further fund the project. Its for a good cause. details are in the link.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...our-android-ta

Update #4: The Chameleon Lab

http://chameleon.teknision.com/thelab/
Making sure Chameleon performs well across all Android Tablets can be a challenge, but it is one of our primary goals. So we are taking some steps to help us make the Chameleon experience as close as possible across all Android Tablets.

The Chameleon Labs page will be a site where we post tools to help us collect valuable data, as well as broadly testing specific things we feel could be a concern. We will also post some of the data that we find to keep you all informed.

Today we are introducing a tool to help us gather information about the type of tablet hardware that you guys are running.

Chameleon Hardware Info

In order for us to get a complete picture of the tablet landscape that we are targeting, we are looking for your help. We have created a simple app that gathers the specs of your Android Tablet, and the version of Android itself.

Head over to The Chameleon Labs page to find out more and download the TabletInfo APK.

Note: If you get the error 'Can't open file' you will have to use a file browser. Go to the downloads folder and install the app from there. This is an issue with download managers not being able to open the apk file.

IPAD- 32GB WiFi ver. 4.2.1

Transformer Prime 32GB(Retired)

NEXUS 7 16gb Unlocked & Rooted JB 4.3 CleanRom 4.0 Faux Kernel

Galaxy Note 10.1 32gb- Hyperdrive Rom w/ Zeus kernel AMAZING!

Samsung Galaxy SIII - JB 4.1.2

Lg Optimus G Pro- new 1080P 5.5in. Display w/Snapdragon 600 Andreno 320

Microsoft Surface Pro 128gb. Full HD Display 1080P Windows 8 HD4000 Graphics Type Cover

Prime/Tegra3 Gamers Thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1409077

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to demandarin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MRCANNADY
Old
Thanks Meter 205
This looks really promising! As always, thanks for your informative post.
The Following User Says Thank You to MRCANNADY For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ultraman666
Old
Thanks Meter 625
Very interesting will have to check it out!!
Samsung Galaxy Note3 (rooted)
ROM: PureEvil V1 Holy Freakin Crap!!!
Thanks Evil1art and the Deviant Crew
Kernel: Stock
Overclocked not yet

ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700(rooted)
Rooted....CromiX.....Thanks Sbdags!!!
Kernel: Stock
Overclocked to 1.6GHz
Antutu Bench: 5587

Lag what Lag we dont need no stinking Lag!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ultraman666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flak0
Old
Thanks Meter 479

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCANNADY View Post
This looks really promising! As always, thanks for your informative post.
+ 100

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
Tmobile GS3
Rom: Wicked V10
Simply Smooth running Ktoonesz Kernel
8 GB SD

Retired Phones:
G2X
G2
DAY-1 Nexus One

Bounty Link for LG CAM on GB:
Check out the thread and discussion here
Use this to Donate to the Project Itself for all of those involved in the hardwork Jface,Doniqq, and myself

xray49er
Old
Thanks Meter 9
This looks very promissing. I wanted to try the hubs, I just dont have the time to set it up. This looks pretty good if it works.
PHONE NOTE 3
BOOTLOADER EFFF U VERIZON (LOCKED)
ROM TOUCHWIZ(NEEDS ME SOME ROOT)
RECOVERY STOCK(NEEDS ME SOME TWRP)

Retired

PHONE GALAXY NEXUS

Retired

PHONE - HTC incredible (ROOTED)

Retired

PHONE - G1 BLACK

MRCANNADY
Old
Thanks Meter 205
+1..Hubs looks too complicated and/or time consuming to set up, just watching the youtube video instructions made me quit. I would gladly pay for something like this in a heartbeat. I can imagine an Ipad owner sitting across from me watching this in action while they just scroll through enlarged icons. Android for life!!

the2rrell
Old
Thanks Meter 608
+1

would love this on my prime......cant wait.
Sent from the VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!!!

Mcoupe
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Wow, just wow!

OstiasMoscas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wow that is truly amazing! Are you sure this'll be released on the market, instead of being pre-installed on some devices only? I'd easily be willing to shell out around 10-20 bucks for the Chameleon.

stoehner
Old
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Default fanboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCANNADY View Post
+1..Hubs looks too complicated and/or time consuming to set up, just watching the youtube video instructions made me quit. I would gladly pay for something like this in a heartbeat. I can imagine an Ipad owner sitting across from me watching this in action while they just scroll through enlarged icons. Android for life!!
lol..i just emailed this too a fanboy...haha

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by demandarin View Post
this is the next evolution in homescreen tech. This is the Chameleon, a UX overlay. Created by the same people who made the Playbook overlay screen. Playbook was a flop but its screen overlay was very impressive and praised alot because it was one of the most interesting features of that device. well now this is coming to Android and might be integrated into future devices also. can't wait to get this app. very clean and slick looking. plus not a pain to set up like Hubs. IMO this is like Hubs taken to the next level. even has face unlock for having different profiles. just like a PC. so your kid or someone else could open it up and have their own profile and be limited to what kinds of things they can access based on what you allow. Looks very promising and coming very soon.
http://www.androidpit.com/en/android...oid-homescreen

Looks kinda similar too windows 8, but without the gay metro UI