Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Next Evolution of Homescreen. Chameleon ..it'll eat HUBS Alive!

OP demandarin

13th March 2012, 05:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Alexandria, Va
Thanks Meter: 2,046

6,980 posts
More
this is the next evolution in homescreen tech. This is the Chameleon, a UX overlay. Created by the same people who made the Playbook overlay screen. Playbook was a flop but its screen overlay was very impressive and praised alot because it was one of the most interesting features of that device. well now this is coming to Android and might be integrated into future devices also. can't wait to get this app. very clean and slick looking. plus not a pain to set up like Hubs. IMO this is like Hubs taken to the next level. even has face unlock for having different profiles. just like a PC. so your kid or someone else could open it up and have their own profile and be limited to what kinds of things they can access based on what you allow. Looks very promising and coming very soon.
http://www.androidpit.com/en/android...oid-homescreen

CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE. GOES INTO DETAIL ABOUT THIS AND HAS GREAT PIX ON IT!
HTTP://chameleon.teknision.com

UPDATE
The creators are trying to get this project off the ground. Deal with manufacturers may not be going as they liked. So they need to raise money to further fund the project. Its for a good cause. details are in the link.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...our-android-ta

Update #4: The Chameleon Lab

http://chameleon.teknision.com/thelab/
Making sure Chameleon performs well across all Android Tablets can be a challenge, but it is one of our primary goals. So we are taking some steps to help us make the Chameleon experience as close as possible across all Android Tablets.

The Chameleon Labs page will be a site where we post tools to help us collect valuable data, as well as broadly testing specific things we feel could be a concern. We will also post some of the data that we find to keep you all informed.

Today we are introducing a tool to help us gather information about the type of tablet hardware that you guys are running.

Chameleon Hardware Info

In order for us to get a complete picture of the tablet landscape that we are targeting, we are looking for your help. We have created a simple app that gathers the specs of your Android Tablet, and the version of Android itself.

Head over to The Chameleon Labs page to find out more and download the TabletInfo APK.

Note: If you get the error 'Can't open file' you will have to use a file browser. Go to the downloads folder and install the app from there. This is an issue with download managers not being able to open the apk file.
Last edited by demandarin; 26th May 2012 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Chameleon Labs Update
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to demandarin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2012, 05:57 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 217

779 posts
This looks really promising! As always, thanks for your informative post.
The Following User Says Thank You to MRCANNADY For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2012, 06:07 PM   |  #3  
Flag Kansas
Thanks Meter: 652

1,140 posts
More
Very interesting will have to check it out!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ultraman666 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2012, 06:09 PM   |  #4  
Flag Pembroke Pines , FL
Thanks Meter: 538

1,535 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCANNADY

This looks really promising! As always, thanks for your informative post.

+ 100

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
13th March 2012, 07:16 PM   |  #5  
Flag Peekskill, NY
Thanks Meter: 12

179 posts
More
This looks very promissing. I wanted to try the hubs, I just dont have the time to set it up. This looks pretty good if it works.
13th March 2012, 07:44 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 217

779 posts
+1..Hubs looks too complicated and/or time consuming to set up, just watching the youtube video instructions made me quit. I would gladly pay for something like this in a heartbeat. I can imagine an Ipad owner sitting across from me watching this in action while they just scroll through enlarged icons. Android for life!!
13th March 2012, 09:02 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 616

2,893 posts
+1

would love this on my prime......cant wait.
13th March 2012, 10:04 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 41

185 posts
Wow, just wow!
13th March 2012, 10:28 PM   |  #9  
Flag Bergen
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Wow that is truly amazing! Are you sure this'll be released on the market, instead of being pre-installed on some devices only? I'd easily be willing to shell out around 10-20 bucks for the Chameleon.
13th March 2012, 10:34 PM   |  #10  
Flag Arlington
Thanks Meter: 43

315 posts
Donate to Me
fanboys
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCANNADY

+1..Hubs looks too complicated and/or time consuming to set up, just watching the youtube video instructions made me quit. I would gladly pay for something like this in a heartbeat. I can imagine an Ipad owner sitting across from me watching this in action while they just scroll through enlarged icons. Android for life!!

lol..i just emailed this too a fanboy...haha

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by demandarin

this is the next evolution in homescreen tech. This is the Chameleon, a UX overlay. Created by the same people who made the Playbook overlay screen. Playbook was a flop but its screen overlay was very impressive and praised alot because it was one of the most interesting features of that device. well now this is coming to Android and might be integrated into future devices also. can't wait to get this app. very clean and slick looking. plus not a pain to set up like Hubs. IMO this is like Hubs taken to the next level. even has face unlock for having different profiles. just like a PC. so your kid or someone else could open it up and have their own profile and be limited to what kinds of things they can access based on what you allow. Looks very promising and coming very soon.
http://www.androidpit.com/en/android...oid-homescreen

Looks kinda similar too windows 8, but without the gay metro UI

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread