[rom] [ita gb 2.3.4] 2012-06-08 moto atrix stock mod 1.2 by topogigi - Blur Blues

Search This thread

Topogigi

Oct 21, 2005
Turin
MOTO ATRIX GB STOCK MOD
BY TOPOGIGI

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

FEATURES:
- Based on 45.31.00.MB860.Retail.en.IT (Unbranded 2.3.4 GB ITA Retail rom)
- Multilanguage (14 languages available)
- Faux123's OC kernel rel. 024 (1.3Ghz flavour in 1.0, 1.0Ghz flavour in 1.1)
- Stock Kernel recompiled by me (1.2)
- EXT4 filesystem for /system, /data and /cache partitions
- /system/etc/init.d support
- CIFS
- TUN
- Deadline scheduler
- Supercharged via build.prop and init.rc (Supercharger is named "v6sc.sh" in /system/xbin)
- Zipalign all apps at boot time
- OC up to 1300 Mhz (via SETCPU, Antutu CPU Master or Pimp my CPU in 1.0 release with 1.3Ghz kernel)
- UV (via Pimp my CPU or others) - only 1.0 & 1.1 releases
- Motorola Blur Launcher (TW4Launcher in 1.1 and 1.2 releases)
- Stock framework with some light mods by me
- Circular Battery Mod with 1% steps
- Sqlite3
- Battery Driver Fix
- Deodexed
- Rooted
- Busybox 1.19.0
- Extended Power Off Menu with Sleep and Reboot options
- QuickPanel Settings Menu
- Stock camera with 1080p video recording enabled
- Tegra Boot Logo

Long story short, this is a Gingerbread ROM with stock appearance, but with all the candies we are used to from cooked AT&T versions.

Feedbacks are welcome.

DISCLAIMER: This ROM comes with NO warranty. If you brick your phone, don't blame me, I'm only experimenting with my phone and sharing the results with you, mates!

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP your actual rom and your data before installing anything!!!!!!
- Your bootloader must be UNLOCKED
- I assume you have CWM recovery installed on your phone. If not, read one of the excellent tutorials on this site and install it. (Remember to choose one of the latest CWM because this is a Rom with EXT4 filesystem)
- Copy the file you have downloaded "as is" (don't try to extract the files contained in the .zip archive!) in the root directory of your SD Card.
- Boot in CWM, select "Install zip from SD Card", then choose the .zip archive you have previously copied and wait until the process ends.
- Reboot your device and enjoy your new rom.

P.S. This rom does not wipe your phone (see changelog for exceptions), but depending on the Rom you actually have on your device, you'll need to convert your /data and /cache partitions to the EXT4 filesystem. If you are on an EXT3 based rom, you have to convert your filesystem (/data and /cache partitions) to EXT4 before installing this rom. Anyway, my personal advice is to backup all your data before installing a new Rom!!!

KNOWN ISSUES:
- Sometimes when you reboot your phone at 1.3Ghz (over)clock speed your launcher widgets seem to vanish. My personal advice is to keep your overclock at 1.1Ghz max. No issues at that speed and it's enough for everything (solved in 1.1).
- There aren't status bar icons for 4G networks (you'll see 3G+ instead). The reason is that we have no 4G here in Italy ATM and the 4G symbol is already used in Android for WIMAX....
- With TW4Launcher (1.1) some motorola widgets do not work (you pay the price for having a lag-free launcher).

Good luck!

DOWNLOAD:
1.0 - Full ROM with Faux123's kernel (1.3 Ghz) with EXT4 partitions http://depositfiles.com/files/lgxyvge0p
1.1 - Full ROM with Faux123's kernel (1.0 Ghz) with EXT4 partitions http://depositfiles.com/files/u553pflfo
1.2 - Full ROM with stock kernel (1.0 Ghz) with EXT4 partitions http://depositfiles.com/files/ajytuna93
- Switched to Faux123's 1.0 Ghz unified kernel with init.d support added by me
- Added 10 point multitouch mod
- Added ICS Fugu Tweaks
- Added TW4Launcher (rel. 22) modded by me for 960x540 resolution (very smooth and lightning FAST!)
- Added nano editor in /system/xbin
- Added terminfo support (look http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=552287 for details)
- Added database defrag and sqlite optimizations at boot time
- Added mount tweaks for maximum performance and stability
[OBSOLETE]

- Switched to stock kernel with init.d, CIFS and EXT4 support added by me
- Reworked framework with some coloured icons
- Deblured
- Revised mount tweaks for maximum performance and stability
- THIS ROM WIPES YOUR DATA!
[ACTUAL]

OPTIONAL DOWNLOADS:
- If you want a really lag-free picture browser, download and install Cool 3D Gallery from Google Play Store: it's really fast on the Atrix!
- Roboto Font - System font enhancement from ICS (CWM installer: copy the .zip into the root of your SD card and install it in recovery mode)
- European Radio - Radio 01.100.00R for the Atrix (CWM installer: copy the .zip into the root of your SD card and install it in recovery mode)
- Webtop Image - If you miss it, here it is: the original Webtop Image for international users (CWM installer: copy the .zip into the root of your SD card and install it in recovery mode)
- Wake On Volume Mod - If you want to wake up your device by pressing the volume keys, flash this mod (CWM installer: copy the .zip into the root of your SD card and install it in recovery mode)
- ShareApp.apk add-on - Adds app sharing capabilities to TW4Launcher (CWM installer: copy the .zip into the root of your SD card and install it in recovery mode)
- Atrix-GB-Stock-Kernel-ext4-EU.zip - Stock EU Moto Atrix kernel 2.3.4 recompiled by me with: - EXT4 support built-in - CIFS support built-in - TUN/TAP support built-in (CWM installer: copy the .zip into the root of your SD card and install it in recovery mode)
- Blur files for 1.2 - All the system files and apks removed during debluring for people liking Motorola Blur (CWM installer: copy the .zip into the root of your SD card and install it in recovery mode)
CREDITS:
- Zeppelinrox for V6SuperCharger
- Nottach for the base I reworked for QuickPanel Settings menu (from Nottachtrix 4g rom)
- jug6ernaut for battery fix
- bamastang for 1080p video recording mod
- samcripp for the easy way he provided for building a new rom with ROM factory
- the.cybot for the nice boot animation/logo
- Fr4gg0r for TW4Launcher
....and many others that helped sharing their ideas and work for free.

Attachments

• 1331649628206.jpg
    1331649628206.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 35,626
  • 1331649652663.jpg
    1331649652663.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 35,207
  • 1331649679703.jpg
    1331649679703.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 35,128
Last edited:

triplex76

May 25, 2008
1.0 - full rom with Faux123's kernel and EXT4 partitions http://depositfiles.com/files/lgxyvge0p
wow very good topogigio but you need to edit the link to download the rom.the way you wrote it let you think you are going to download faux kernel when instead it's your full rom.anyway big thanks from italy!
just a question!is the webtop included or not?
you could implement the webtop hack in next rev...there are just 2 apk to change and maybe last fugutweaks ... other 2 files to change in system/bin

Last edited:
Reactions: Topogigi

dany__

Oct 30, 2010
Somewhere on earth
HI TOPOGIGI,

It's nice to see a new rom...but unfortunately nothing new and with an old firmware, compared to other roms like Nottachtrix 4G, then I skip it :D

But i'll keep an eye on this thread just in case something new will come.

Grazie.

triplex76

May 25, 2008
that's the last(in term of time!:) I really hope) rom release for italy...yes still 2.3.4 here:(

Topogigi

Oct 21, 2005
Turin
HI TOPOGIGI,

It's nice to see a new rom...but unfortunately nothing new and with an old firmware, compared to other roms like Nottachtrix 4G, then I skip it :D

But i'll keep an eye on this thread just in case something new will come.

Grazie.

There is no rom I found here based on international (or better european) original Motorola builds. So, that's something new, indeed.

But the reason that pushed me to release this rom was another: many people here in Italy are complaining about battery life in custom roms based on AT&T builds. The same people are reporting excellent battery life with the stock european rom. So I disassembled all the relevant framework files and found that there are many differences in services.jar between AT&T and european builds. Deep sleep mode and perhaps fast dormancy are implemented in a different way, perhaps to better suit with NA or European networks.

Battery life is excellent with this rom in my experience, but your mileage may vary depending on your mobile operator, I guess....

Reactions: ko_wei13

Topogigi

Oct 21, 2005
Turin
1.0 - full rom with Faux123's kernel and EXT4 partitions http://depositfiles.com/files/lgxyvge0p
wow very good topogigio but you need to edit the link to download the rom.the way you wrote it let you think you are going to download faux kernel when instead it's your full rom.anyway big thanks from italy!
just a question!is the webtop included or not?
you could implement the webtop hack in next rev...there are just 2 apk to change and maybe last fugutweaks ... other 2 files to change in system/bin

1) Webtop is not included, perhaps I will incude it in my next release, but I try to keep the download as slim as I can. There are other Webtop CWM-flashable partitions floating around in this forum...

2) No need to implement webtop hacks here. Nebtop.apk works fine here and it does not require system modifications.

3) About Fugutweaks: I personally do not need them as my phone is butter smooth. Perhaps I will test them in a near future. If this is somethingh worthy to have, I'll merge it.

I edited the download link as you suggested. I was used to post the links that way from my previous rom template ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1254359 ) but now it's much more clear. TY for your suggestion.

Last edited:

dany__

Oct 30, 2010
Somewhere on earth
There is no rom I found here based on international (or better european) original Motorola builds. So, that's something new, indeed.

But the reason that pushed me to release this rom was another: many people here in Italy are complaining about battery life in custom roms based on AT&T builds. The same people are reporting excellent battery life with the stock european rom. So I disassembled all the relevant framework files and found that there are many differences in services.jar between AT&T and european builds. Deep sleep mode and perhaps fast dormancy are implemented in a different way, perhaps to better suit with NA or European networks.

Battery life is excellent with this rom in my experience, but your mileage may vary depending on your mobile operator, I guess....

Hi,
I'm not saying that your rom is not bad..just told that it's outdated compared to some existing ones.
The AT&T based roms don't have any problem with signal or battery (for me at least).
At the time I'm writing, the battery is at: 1d 13h 42mn and still have 5% left with a heavy usage: 3G, WiFi, sync, weather...etc turned on all the time and OC @1200 MHz

So do you still think that there's any difference? :D

Sandroon

Sep 18, 2008
Ohhhh, finalmente!!!
Sorry......Well Done!! thanks.
The battery consumption was the biggest problem with at&T based roms...

Topogigi

Oct 21, 2005
Turin
Hi,
I'm not saying that your rom is not bad..just told that it's outdated compared to some existing ones.
If you are talking about the GB release number (2.3.4 vs. 2.3.5 vs. 2.3.6), you should take a look to GB changelogs. You will realize that nearly all the changes are referring to the Nexus phone. Nothing really interesting for us. Newer is not always better.
AT&T and Euro builds are different branches, so nothing really comparable.
The AT&T based roms don't have any problem with signal or battery (for me at least).
At the time I'm writing, the battery is at: 1d 13h 42mn and still have 5% left with a heavy usage: 3G, WiFi, sync, weather...etc turned on all the time and OC @1200 MHz

So do you still think that there's any difference? :D

I'm not entitled to have a personal opinion on this, cause I never tested an AT&T build based rom. I'm only reporting what many people are talking about in italian fora. Perhaps your mobile operator copes very well with your rom/baseband, but this is your personal experience, and could not be verified/experienced by others.

And, I do not THINK that there are differences, I simply KNOW that there are differences in the code because I disassembled and compared different builds. Did you do the same? :)

Topogigi

Oct 21, 2005
Turin
Hey Topogigi, now i see why you left O2X Forum! We change to Atrix xD

Hi there,

I did not leave from there. I am just testing a new rom for the O2X too (v20q based) and I'll post it there soon. A promise is a promise, and I promised to release a new rom for the O2X as soon as LG would have some kernel issues solved. The time has come, and I'll be ready to post there in a few days.....

But my wife made me a gift for my birthday one week ago, and the Atrix is so insanely good compared to the O2X.... ;)

shadowed87

Jan 11, 2012
AAAAAAAH seh ! grazie!

I'll keep an eye on this for when i'll need a gb based rom...thanks a lot and keep on the work looks promising...and say grazie to your wife for me as well ;)

Hi there,

I did not leave from there. I am just testing a new rom for the O2X too (v20q based) and I'll post it there soon. A promise is a promise, and I promised to release a new rom for the O2X as soon as LG would have some kernel issues solved. The time has come, and I'll be ready to post there in a few days.....

But my wife made me a gift for my birthday one week ago, and the Atrix is so insanely good compared to the O2X.... ;)

Yeah i've changed my o2x to my atrix and the only thing i miss is the awesome screen, but isn't a big deal!

selbaer

Feb 13, 2010
Thank you vey much for this one.
To be honest i havent tested it but i thought about making a international mod myself (regardless of the fact i'm not sure i would be able to to ;) ) cause i agree with you for the reason of differnt code base.
Recently i switched back to stock cause of various problems a had with the At&t ones.
So, i will try this one and once again thank you for making this rom. Oh, and please don't waste to much time in disscussions about it's not being the newest (At least in terms of battery life, 2.2 was unbeatable) and the reason why you did it. ;)

EDIT:
One question. Is TUN by faux kernel or module?

Last edited:

dom_b

Feb 23, 2010
Looks good to me :) might give this a go and I like the fact its stock european and not a us based rom!

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOTO ATRIX GB STOCK MOD
    BY TOPOGIGI

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

FEATURES:
    - Based on 45.31.00.MB860.Retail.en.IT (Unbranded 2.3.4 GB ITA Retail rom)
    - Multilanguage (14 languages available)
    - Faux123's OC kernel rel. 024 (1.3Ghz flavour in 1.0, 1.0Ghz flavour in 1.1)
    - Stock Kernel recompiled by me (1.2)
    - EXT4 filesystem for /system, /data and /cache partitions
    - /system/etc/init.d support
    - CIFS
    - TUN
    - Deadline scheduler
    - Supercharged via build.prop and init.rc (Supercharger is named "v6sc.sh" in /system/xbin)
    - Zipalign all apps at boot time
    - OC up to 1300 Mhz (via SETCPU, Antutu CPU Master or Pimp my CPU in 1.0 release with 1.3Ghz kernel)
    - UV (via Pimp my CPU or others) - only 1.0 & 1.1 releases
    - Motorola Blur Launcher (TW4Launcher in 1.1 and 1.2 releases)
    - Stock framework with some light mods by me
    - Circular Battery Mod with 1% steps
    - Sqlite3
    - Battery Driver Fix
    - Deodexed
    - Rooted
    - Busybox 1.19.0
    - Extended Power Off Menu with Sleep and Reboot options
    - QuickPanel Settings Menu
    - Stock camera with 1080p video recording enabled
    - Tegra Boot Logo

Long story short, this is a Gingerbread ROM with stock appearance, but with all the candies we are used to from cooked AT&T versions.

Feedbacks are welcome.

DISCLAIMER: This ROM comes with NO warranty. If you brick your phone, don't blame me, I'm only experimenting with my phone and sharing the results with you, mates!

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
    - BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP your actual rom and your data before installing anything!!!!!!
    - Your bootloader must be UNLOCKED
    - I assume you have CWM recovery installed on your phone. If not, read one of the excellent tutorials on this site and install it. (Remember to choose one of the latest CWM because this is a Rom with EXT4 filesystem)
    - Copy the file you have downloaded "as is" (don't try to extract the files contained in the .zip archive!) in the root directory of your SD Card.
    - Boot in CWM, select "Install zip from SD Card", then choose the .zip archive you have previously copied and wait until the process ends.
    - Reboot your device and enjoy your new rom.

P.S. This rom does not wipe your phone (see changelog for exceptions), but depending on the Rom you actually have on your device, you'll need to convert your /data and /cache partitions to the EXT4 filesystem. If you are on an EXT3 based rom, you have to convert your filesystem (/data and /cache partitions) to EXT4 before installing this rom. Anyway, my personal advice is to backup all your data before installing a new Rom!!!

KNOWN ISSUES:
    - Sometimes when you reboot your phone at 1.3Ghz (over)clock speed your launcher widgets seem to vanish. My personal advice is to keep your overclock at 1.1Ghz max. No issues at that speed and it's enough for everything (solved in 1.1).
    - There aren't status bar icons for 4G networks (you'll see 3G+ instead). The reason is that we have no 4G here in Italy ATM and the 4G symbol is already used in Android for WIMAX....
    - With TW4Launcher (1.1) some motorola widgets do not work (you pay the price for having a lag-free launcher).

Good luck!

DOWNLOAD:
    1.0 - Full ROM with Faux123's kernel (1.3 Ghz) with EXT4 partitions http://depositfiles.com/files/lgxyvge0p
    1.1 - Full ROM with Faux123's kernel (1.0 Ghz) with EXT4 partitions http://depositfiles.com/files/u553pflfo
    1.2 - Full ROM with stock kernel (1.0 Ghz) with EXT4 partitions http://depositfiles.com/files/ajytuna93
    - Switched to Faux123's 1.0 Ghz unified kernel with init.d support added by me
    - Added 10 point multitouch mod
    - Added ICS Fugu Tweaks
    - Added TW4Launcher (rel. 22) modded by me for 960x540 resolution (very smooth and lightning FAST!)
    - Added nano editor in /system/xbin
    - Added terminfo support (look http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=552287 for details)
    - Added database defrag and sqlite optimizations at boot time
    - Added mount tweaks for maximum performance and stability
    [OBSOLETE]

- Switched to stock kernel with init.d, CIFS and EXT4 support added by me
    - Reworked framework with some coloured icons
    - Deblured
    - Revised mount tweaks for maximum performance and stability
    - THIS ROM WIPES YOUR DATA!
    [ACTUAL]

OPTIONAL DOWNLOADS:
    - If you want a really lag-free picture browser, download and install Cool 3D Gallery from Google Play Store: it's really fast on the Atrix!
    - Roboto Font - System font enhancement from ICS (CWM installer: copy the .zip into the root of your SD card and install it in recovery mode)
    - European Radio - Radio 01.100.00R for the Atrix (CWM installer: copy the .zip into the root of your SD card and install it in recovery mode)
    - Webtop Image - If you miss it, here it is: the original Webtop Image for international users (CWM installer: copy the .zip into the root of your SD card and install it in recovery mode)
    - Wake On Volume Mod - If you want to wake up your device by pressing the volume keys, flash this mod (CWM installer: copy the .zip into the root of your SD card and install it in recovery mode)
    - ShareApp.apk add-on - Adds app sharing capabilities to TW4Launcher (CWM installer: copy the .zip into the root of your SD card and install it in recovery mode)
    - Atrix-GB-Stock-Kernel-ext4-EU.zip - Stock EU Moto Atrix kernel 2.3.4 recompiled by me with: - EXT4 support built-in - CIFS support built-in - TUN/TAP support built-in (CWM installer: copy the .zip into the root of your SD card and install it in recovery mode)
    - Blur files for 1.2 - All the system files and apks removed during debluring for people liking Motorola Blur (CWM installer: copy the .zip into the root of your SD card and install it in recovery mode)
    CREDITS:
    - Zeppelinrox for V6SuperCharger
    - Nottach for the base I reworked for QuickPanel Settings menu (from Nottachtrix 4g rom)
    - jug6ernaut for battery fix
    - bamastang for 1080p video recording mod
    - samcripp for the easy way he provided for building a new rom with ROM factory
    - the.cybot for the nice boot animation/logo
    - Fr4gg0r for TW4Launcher
    ....and many others that helped sharing their ideas and work for free.
    Topogigi i wiped all and installed 1.2 version. Now i'm blocked to motorola logo... where's the problem???

It's a very well known issue and I cannot provide a solution because I cannot reproduce it on my phone. A couple of days ago I reinstalled this rom for a test and I did not face any issue. Phone boots regularly. I will upload an updated release in a couple of days: let's see if that will solve your problems....
    is the ROM development is in progress?

Yes, indeed. I'm testing a new deblured release during these days. In a couple of days it will be ready.
    Hey Topogigi, now i see why you left O2X Forum! We change to Atrix xD

Hi there,

I provide you the best Radio for this Rom (probably for all European users, too ):
    N_01.100.00R.

I extracted it from the Atrix Gingerbread Stock Rom sbf (Android 2.3.4 ---- Blur_Version.45.31.0.MB860.Retail.en.GB).

Honestly, I do not remember whether it is a moto-fastboot flashable file or a SBF file, try both in case :D and report me the correct one

Edit: I can open it using Portable SBF Tool, it contains the 3 radio sections (RDL1, RDL3, CG5). Therefore, it should be a flashable SBF. Sorry, I extracted it many months ago and I can really not remember

if anyone's looking for the above radio there's a zip file in the link below... a lot easier than sbf'ing (usual install procedure)

http://wptl12.physik.uni-wuppertal.de/index.php/documents/cat_view/74-atrix