Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,233 Members 50,821 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Letting this die. New dev and user threads created.

Tip us?

That Baker Guy
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by btonetbone View Post
First, we'd need USB-OTG!
i second that notion
d2vzw PA
tf300t cm-10.2
nook color cm-10.2

bwinger79
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Default Stop posting garbage.....

<rant>
Plz people....out of 90 some odd posts, there are about 5-8 worth reading. Can we all grow up and stop posting garbage??? We dont need every XDA member dropping in to post "I agree with .......whatever". All you do is waste space, and make these forums impossible to find the actual content people are looking for. 60 posts for troll bait...really??? Cant we just let Hash and the other devs to their thing and follow along without wasting server space with worthless posts? Flame away.....I really dont care.....but PLZ, PLZ, PLEASE stop wasting time and space.
</rant>
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bwinger79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tokyostomp
Old
Thanks Meter 16
i agree with bwinger79!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tokyostomp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alarien
Old
(Last edited by alarien; 22nd March 2012 at 12:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 21
So, now there shouldn't be any questions, just see post #2.

papugoz
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwinger79 View Post
<rant>
Plz people....out of 90 some odd posts, there are about 5-8 worth reading. Can we all grow up and stop posting garbage??? We dont need every XDA member dropping in to post "I agree with .......whatever". All you do is waste space, and make these forums impossible to find the actual content people are looking for. 60 posts for troll bait...really??? Cant we just let Hash and the other devs to their thing and follow along without wasting server space with worthless posts? Flame away.....I really dont care.....but PLZ, PLZ, PLEASE stop wasting time and space.
</rant>
Yes, and complaining about those posts are another 40 posts to read
So... maybe just ignore posts with stupid questions and resp only to something constructive?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to papugoz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

x0xhellx0x
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,900

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gett View Post
So? What you expect from this community? To buy your device? To spread the word? To leave their jobs and start urgent developing of usb drivers? To cry?
I'll get on it

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

If you really really enjoy this buy me a coffee so I can stay up all night and make more goodies Coffee

Current Device: LG G2x,Kindle Fire,Samsung galaxy s 3
Current Rom: Hellfire Jelly ,HellFire Kindle
Current Kernel: Hellfire
Android version: 4.2.2
HellFire Family

ontwowheels
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwinger79 View Post
<rant>
</rant>
I must have missed the original poster complaining about the thread....
CM10
MyTouch 4G 2.3.4

Hashcode
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 22,374

DONATE TO ME
Quick Status update:

I completed the latest source code merge with TI's omapzoom and the kernel is now technically version 3.0.21 (as opposed to 3.0.8). During this merge I removed quite a bit of Amazon customization from the kernel sources and will continue to do so as needed, because it makes updates about a quadrillion times easier.

The bootup status really hasn't changed much: Kernel boots, init kicks off, the services startup and about the time we hit "surfaceflinger / bootanimation" the whole process stalls out.

A new change, is that ADB is now up and running and that's helping troubleshoot quite a bit. It means access to logcat, shell, etc. So far it looks like the halt is due to a 2.6 backlight driver and some framebuffer configuration issues. Hoping to make some progress on those soon.

Also, I've started the updated Android build under "ics-test" branches in the KFire-Android git for both device/amazon/otter and vendor/amazon/otter (https://github.com/KFire-Android). Here you can see what a "regular" ICS build for the Kindle Fire looks like. Almost all of the vendor files are removed (which came off the original device), and it has 3.0 kernel modules and board config. This includes removal of most of the legacy hacks that are used for OpenGL, old style Wifi config, etc.

I'll get you more info as it happens. But, you can trust that if nothing is being updated here or on the blog (http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/kindle-fire-ics/); it's not because I'm ignoring the KFire. I'm just not making much progress.
The Following 54 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fiddlefaddle
Old
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode View Post
Working:
EXT4 MMC Filesystem Access
USB Android Gadget with modes like ADB and MTP
Battery / Charger Driver

Currently Troubleshooting:
Display / Backlight Driver - It's causing surfaceflinger / bootanimation to stall out during the boot process.
Power Button Driver / Color Changing Leds - Old Driver needs to be updated

Future Changes Per Difficulty:
- Touchscreen Driver (Has been finicky but there is new untested driver source available)
- 127x Wifi Driver (Should work when we're ready to test, with normal expected troubleshooting)
- Sensor Driver Updates (Should work when we're ready to test, with normal expected troubleshooting)
- HW Acceleration Testing (If backlight and graphics timer issues are solved correctly, this should work, with normal expected troubleshooting)
- Audio Source / Driver Update (Need userspace ICS source update for AIC3110 codec to really do audio the "right" way, vs. janky legacy method we're using now)
Awesome hashcode!! Keep up the good work man!
The Following User Says Thank You to fiddlefaddle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ygvuhb
Old
Thanks Meter 37
nice news update

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe