21st March 2012, 10:08 AM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 19

84 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisleeuk

Unfortunately a problem with a white status bar occurs in some apps
at LCD Density below 170. However this can be solved by doing the following:

(1) Go to the MIUI control panel (not settings, I'm referring to the app with the green android icon)
(2) Choose colour options.
(3) Set 'Choose statusbar colour' to ON
(4) Now select 'Choose status bar colour'
(5) Set Red/Green/Blue values to zero.
(6) Set Alpha to around 50%
(7) Hit OK and the issue is largely resolved.

At this density the flashlight is slightly broken graphically but otherwise functional.

For wifi tether issue I went around it by installing Barnacle wifi tether from the Market.

Very good status bar advice. Though, in this case it'll be grey no matter what kind of theme you have (at least it is with my all black theme). Better would be to set the theme colour directly and put alpha to 255.

Btw. can I flash 2.2.17 over 2.3? Been using 2.3 for a while but miss the wifi tethering, though I am not in the mood to set up the whole system again.
21st March 2012, 12:21 PM   |  #62  
Flag HCM City
Thanks Meter: 10

213 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxeroni42

Very good status bar advice. Though, in this case it'll be grey no matter what kind of theme you have (at least it is with my all black theme). Better would be to set the theme colour directly and put alpha to 255.

Btw. can I flash 2.2.17 over 2.3? Been using 2.3 for a while but miss the wifi tethering, though I am not in the mood to set up the whole system again.

I back to MiUI 2.2.17 after 5 hours with 2.3.3 bacause I can't turn LED off with any way.
With MiUI 2.2.17, my DS can't turn on SetCPU, when I stick profile, my DS is FC continuous. If my DS isn't used any adjuster CPU software, it 's slowdown so stably than more.
21st March 2012, 09:38 PM   |  #63  
Flag Sebastian, FL
Thanks Meter: 33

247 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisleeuk

Ok, for anyone who's interested here are the steps I took when attempting a second install of the ROM.
As I've said previously for me personally the resolution density is too low in it's default state.
You will notice this in apps such as gmail where the font are very over sized.

Here are all the steps I took to setup the ROM and resolve the issues with resolution.

(1) Went to Clockwork Mod Recovery
(2) Wiped Data and Cache
(3) Wiped Dalvik Cache
(4) Fixed permissions
(5) Applied update from SD card and installed ROM MIUI_2.3.2_ENG_DS5_ASK-signed.zip
(6) Reboot
(7) Did a Dell factory reset
(8) Allowed phone to boot up and complete. (did not do this last time)
(9) Skipped account setup.
(10) Restarted phone and went back into recovery
(11) Flashed MIUI232FIXen.zip (to fix wifi and other issues)
(12) Flashed Blinking_Mod_Miui.zip (to make sure LED lights turn off with screen)
(13) Rebooted the phone and allowed to complete boot process.
(14) Registered Google Account.
(15) Downloaded LCD Density Modder (from market)
(16) Switched to MDPI - 160 and applied change
(17) Allowed reboot.

Unfortunately a problem with a white status bar occurs in some apps
at LCD Density below 170. However this can be solved by doing the following:

(1) Go to the MIUI control panel (not settings, I'm referring to the app with the green android icon)
(2) Choose colour options.
(3) Set 'Choose statusbar colour' to ON
(4) Now select 'Choose status bar colour'
(5) Set Red/Green/Blue values to zero.
(6) Set Alpha to around 50%
(7) Hit OK and the issue is largely resolved.

At this density the flashlight is slightly broken graphically but otherwise functional.

For wifi tether issue I went around it by installing Barnacle wifi tether from the Market.

Is the MIUI Control Panel specific to 2.3.2?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Hi All,

Excellent Rom, best I've used to date where EVERYTHING works! Only had 1 "black death" and 1 random reboot so far.... in a week that's head and shoulders better than anything else yet!

The only nagging things are the asian characters that are visible in the phone app (press a few numbers and you are presented with a few options in some asian character set - at least I'm guessing they are options....

Is there a way to get all of this rom in english?

UPDATE:
Ok, found the multilanguage pack and my asian characters are gone

I also applied the miuifix and am now applying the Blinking Mod fix....

Sorry for the forum interruption I should have lurked a little bit longer before posting....
Last edited by wolverine9827; 21st March 2012 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Found a solution :)
21st March 2012, 11:57 PM   |  #64  
Thanks Meter: 10

164 posts
Is anyone else having a problem with the phone ringing just one time on incoming calls. I get one ring then the phone continues to vibrate as it should with out another audible ring.
22nd March 2012, 09:09 AM   |  #65  
Thanks Meter: 129

358 posts
More
Is there any fix for the display when you lock it, it's not always goes black? Sometimes i have to press 3 Times the power button to close it???
22nd March 2012, 02:59 PM   |  #66  
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 805

2,687 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _2bad4u_

Is there any fix for the display when you lock it, it's not always goes black? Sometimes i have to press 3 Times the power button to close it???

That sounds like you may have a problem with your install, I haven't run across that with either MIUI build.
23rd March 2012, 08:43 AM   |  #67  
Thanks Meter: 129

358 posts
More
What should i do not to have this problem?
Last edited by _2bad4u_; 23rd March 2012 at 12:40 PM.
25th March 2012, 08:37 PM   |  #68  
Flag Madurai
Thanks Meter: 34

144 posts
More
Hi guys, can any1 post changelog from 2.2.17 to this version.. Currently im on 2.2.17.. So change Log please.. And is there anyway to upgrade from 2.2.17 to 2.3.2 without lossing data guys..?
26th March 2012, 12:03 AM   |  #69  
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 805

2,687 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msprakashmmc

Hi guys, can any1 post changelog from 2.2.17 to this version.. Currently im on 2.2.17.. So change Log please.. And is there anyway to upgrade from 2.2.17 to 2.3.2 without lossing data guys..?

I think it would be more reasonable for you not to be lazy and read through both threads a and seewhat the a differences are instead of being spoon feed the info
1st April 2012, 04:02 AM   |  #70  
Thanks Meter: 11

353 posts
More
Does anyone have battery drain with this rom? My battery drains about 10% in one hour. Iam thinking flashing different baseband to solve this issue or this has to do with kernel?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread