Originally Posted by chrisleeuk
Ok, for anyone who's interested here are the steps I took when attempting a second install of the ROM.
As I've said previously for me personally the resolution density is too low in it's default state.
You will notice this in apps such as gmail where the font are very over sized.
Here are all the steps I took to setup the ROM and resolve the issues with resolution.
(1) Went to Clockwork Mod Recovery
(2) Wiped Data and Cache
(3) Wiped Dalvik Cache
(4) Fixed permissions
(5) Applied update from SD card and installed ROM MIUI_2.3.2_ENG_DS5_ASK-signed.zip
(7) Did a Dell factory reset
(8) Allowed phone to boot up and complete. (did not do this last time)
(9) Skipped account setup.
(10) Restarted phone and went back into recovery
(11) Flashed MIUI232FIXen.zip (to fix wifi and other issues)
(12) Flashed Blinking_Mod_Miui.zip (to make sure LED lights turn off with screen)
(13) Rebooted the phone and allowed to complete boot process.
(14) Registered Google Account.
(15) Downloaded LCD Density Modder (from market)
(16) Switched to MDPI - 160 and applied change
(17) Allowed reboot.
Unfortunately a problem with a white status bar occurs in some apps
at LCD Density below 170. However this can be solved by doing the following:
(1) Go to the MIUI control panel (not settings, I'm referring to the app with the green android icon)
(2) Choose colour options.
(3) Set 'Choose statusbar colour' to ON
(4) Now select 'Choose status bar colour'
(5) Set Red/Green/Blue values to zero.
(6) Set Alpha to around 50%
(7) Hit OK and the issue is largely resolved.
At this density the flashlight is slightly broken graphically but otherwise functional.
For wifi tether issue I went around it by installing Barnacle wifi tether from the Market.
Is the MIUI Control Panel specific to 2.3.2?
---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------
Excellent Rom, best I've used to date where EVERYTHING works! Only had 1 "black death" and 1 random reboot so far.... in a week that's head and shoulders better than anything else yet!
The only nagging things are the asian characters that are visible in the phone app (press a few numbers and you are presented with a few options in some asian character set - at least I'm guessing they are options....
Is there a way to get all of this rom in english?
Ok, found the multilanguage pack and my asian characters are gone
I also applied the miuifix and am now applying the Blinking Mod fix....
Sorry for the forum interruption
I should have lurked a little bit longer before posting....
Samsung GS2 Skyrocket running Embryo 6.11 (Best so far!)
Acer Iconia Tab A501 running Evil Alex Unleashed V2
My Better Half's:
HTC One X 3.18 STOCK (Like I have a damn choice atm)
Samsung GT2 10" STOCK/Rooted
iPhone 4 16GB running whatever crap itunes is dishing out nowadays (BLEAH!)
When in doubt - get a Samsung device. Haven't run across one yet that can't be flashed/rooted/xda'd