XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Asurion

Tip us?

jimzip69
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Asurion

Damn..my usb wore out works no more..insurance has sent me now 5 referb phones..all with issues box not arriving, scratches , display not working , screen loose and today's the damn camera scratched..I have had enough . What bothers me is the kind of quality they allow to be shipped to customer. I called Asurion now they say they are sending me a new EVO 3D. Truly hate to give up my EVO it has been a awesome device . Can the 3D be rooted as easy as the EVO?

Sent from my EVO using xda premium...its days are numbered

infallibleapex
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Asurion sucks... They canceled me after 2 claims, both mfg defects "not covered" so i "broke them".

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Febby
Old
Thanks Meter 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimzip69 View Post
Damn..my usb wore out works no more..insurance has sent me now 5 referb phones..all with issues box not arriving, scratches , display not working , screen loose and today's the damn camera scratched..I have had enough . What bothers me is the kind of quality they allow to be shipped to customer. I called Asurion now they say they are sending me a new EVO 3D. Truly hate to give up my EVO it has been a awesome device . Can the 3D be rooted as easy as the EVO?

It can be rooted just as easy if you get an hboot below 1.5. If you get an hboot 1.5+ you can root easy too with htc unlock.tool but you will have to flash kernels via fastboot or a neat little app called flash image gui before attempting to flash roms like sense to aosp etc I would assume.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Please obey all XDA rules. Link to rules = http://tinyurl.com/rules4xda

Press the thanks button if someone helps you.

Report anything you know is breaking rules.

sitlet
Old
Thanks Meter 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febby View Post
It can be rooted just as easy if you get an hboot below 1.5. If you get an hboot 1.5+ you can root easy too with htc unlock.tool but you will have to flash kernels via fastboot or a neat little app called flash image gui before attempting to flash roms like sense to aosp etc I would assume.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Yep exactly. I actually went through the same situation with asurion last month, and ended up getting a new 3d. Luckily, it was on old software, and thus had hboot 1.4, which is easily rootable with Revolutionary. Hopefully you will get the same, as hboot 1.5 isnt too hard to root, but a pain to flash new roms.

And btw, I love the 3d compared to the Evo.

jimzip69
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Thanks ,got to do some reading..

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

redsoxny04
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimzip69 View Post

The same exact thing happened to me, I was upgraded to the evo 3d. Its actually a pretty good phone. I was sad to see my evo go, but follow this guide and you will be fine. The key is that you will need to unlock the 1.50 bootloader. Once thats done, flashing roms is easy...

http://androidforums.com/evo-3d-all-...ted-3-7-a.html