XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Global Radio?

OP xM Minton Mx

14th March 2012, 04:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sikeston
Thanks Meter: 94

443 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just out of curiosity for my roommate here with me in Qatar, I have a question... I don't think it's even possible but I told him I would do some research. Is there a way to make the inspire 4G pick up quad band umts like my incredible 2 does? For instance like flashing a different radio? Thanks for any feedback

Sent from my skyraider Incredible 2 using xda premium
14th March 2012, 04:46 AM   |  #2  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 495

2,074 posts
More
Without trying to be too short, no.
The Following User Says Thank You to Agoattamer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2012, 10:53 AM   |  #3  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 17

49 posts
More
Android's Radio Interface Layer (RIL) provides an abstraction layer between Android telephony services (android.telephony) and radio hardware. The RIL is radio agnostic, and includes support for Global System for Mobile communication (GSM)-based radios.
The Android radio interface is radio-agnostic and the Vendor RIL can use any protocol to communicate with the radio. Android provides a reference Vendor RIL, using the Hayes AT command set, that you can use as a quick start for telephony testing and a guide for commercial vendor RILs

A signal at baseband is often used to modulate a higher frequency carrier wave in order that it may be transmitted via radio. Modulation results in shifting the signal up to much higher frequencies (radio frequencies, or RF) than it originally spanned. A key consequence of the usual double-sideband amplitude modulation (AM) is that, usually, the range of frequencies the signal spans (its spectral bandwidth) is doubled

The simplest definition is that a signal's baseband bandwidth is its bandwidth before modulation and multiplexing

SO I guess HD DESIRE HD listens to 2100 band FOR 3G
while HTC INSPIRE 1900 BAND FOR 3G
AND 3G IN INDIA HAS 2100 BAND

So i guess it should make things work

Im not sure about everything.
Waiting for adminsitrators and senior members to correct me
15th March 2012, 04:00 AM   |  #4  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 495

2,074 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoattamer

Without trying to be too short, no.

It is a hardware thing. No genius explanation needs to be given. And Inspire 4G/Telus Desire HD is HSDPA 850 / 1900. European/Asain Desire HD is HSDPA 900 / 2100.
15th March 2012, 05:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sikeston
Thanks Meter: 94

443 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoattamer

It is a hardware thing. No genius explanation needs to be given. And Inspire 4G/Telus Desire HD is HSDPA 850 / 1900. European/Asain Desire HD is HSDPA 900 / 2100.

I figured as much so but developers do some awesome things. Didn't know if maybe a port could be made from the DHD to the Inspire.

15th March 2012, 04:21 PM   |  #6  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 17

49 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xM Minton Mx

I figured as much so but developers do some awesome things. Didn't know if maybe a port could be made from the DHD to the Inspire.

Waiting for senior developers to correct me,

Im not at all sure.
15th March 2012, 11:58 PM   |  #7  
Flag Chicago area
Thanks Meter: 112

341 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xM Minton Mx

You can't port hardware.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread