[Q] No USB detection on Samsung Infuse

Tip us?

Infyzzled
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] No USB detection on Samsung Infuse

HI all,

So yes I have already tried to google, and look through other posts but cant find anything that is my particular situation, heres what happened, Infuse was running on ZEUS 6.1 perfectly, I decided to install ROM][2.3.6]SGH-I997 UCLB3[Rooted, Deodexed, Busybox, Zipaligned, I followed all the instructions, installed ROM, disabled VooDoo lagfix and then the stock kernal, after that the phone just didnt come back to life, the result is currently on the SAMSUNG logo, I can go into recovery just download mode but my USB is not detected either, when I install the drivers it doesnt do anything, tried KIES and other drivers from SAMSUNG, also removed USB ports, restarted, and tried other pc's and laptops and same USB error, even tried on linux, no luck, can anyone please help, I love this phone and the ROM, I have no idea why I attempted to do this but need help.

Thanks all[/FONT]

marcandluv
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This happened to me lately but I was on stock froyo. Seems like my usb cable was for charging only. When I bought one that said it was for charging and data, the Infuse was recognized instantly. I am a noob here, but hope this is all of your problem.

Infyzzled
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yep, thats what I'm starting to wonder, if its the cable, I am using the microUSB cable that came with the phone from SAMSUNG, never was an issue before, would connect and trasnfer data without a problem, also tried a few blackberry cables no luck, the crazy part is I cant even go to recovery mode, it only goes to download mode, wondering if I can copy some files to the SDcard to boot off with.

Ryanscool
Old
Thanks Meter 194
If you try everything and it does not work, contact me I know a guy you can send it to for it to be unbricked. When he unbricked mine, he noticed the usb controller somehow glitched and can never be fixed, resulting in a whole new device needed (he tried replacing the usb hub, did no good). Thats what happened to me, make sure to try everything first though.
Galaxy Note 3- one awesome phone. I'm back!
Galaxy Tab 2 7. CM10 Preview. Its pretty darn quick!
Past:
AT&T Apple iPhone 4s- Broken
Infuse 4G}=-Unofficial CM10! May just be the best developing non-mainstream phone.

Gimme some thanks if I helped you! 覧覧覧覧覧>

Infyzzled
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So after trying a dozen cables, nothing seems to work, I should have known this when the OS was still on ZEUS and I attempted to connect via USB which I received USB not recognized message, I have tried the same SAMSUNG cable for a blackberry and it installs perfectly, so its not the cable, my understanding the USB port on the Infuse is bad, is there a way to boot into recovery of an SDcard so that I can install ZEUS back? I only have "download" mode working, recovery for some reason does not come-up, I am really trying to avoid throwing this phone in the garbage, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

rxnelson
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Clarification?
You can get into download mode but Odin doesn't see the phone? I don't think you have said anything about trying to do anything to the phone in download mode.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Infyzzled
Old
(Last edited by Infyzzled; 15th March 2012 at 10:11 PM.) Reason: mistake
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
That's exactly it, I can get into download mode just fine, once I connect to pc I get USB device unrecognized, although the drivers are installed, so the crazy thing is I have been on here since the days of Infused downloading and updating ROMS back and forth, never posted anything, even when I had an issue back when, I was able to go into recovery and do what I need to do to bring it back to life, almost felt like an expert given the amazing advice here, never had an issue till now, please help.

OnProzac
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I had accidentally set my Infuse in an "almost" empty cup, not realizing that there was still about an inch of lemonade at the bottom. This unfortunatley screwed my USB recognigtion to my computer. It can charge, but is no longer capable of transferring files via USB. There is, however, Kies Air. This has been such a lifesaver!!! You can transfer files to and from your phone, and I have transferred Zeus and Aeon to my SD card through Kies Air. I installed Aeon on my phone no problem and it is working flawlessly You only need to download the Kies Air app to your phone. No special drivers, apps, or software is needed for your computer. If anyone has any questions on how to do this, you can PM me or just post on here.

teknhard
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnProzac View Post
I had accidentally set my Infuse in an "almost" empty cup, not realizing that there was still about an inch of lemonade at the bottom. This unfortunatley screwed my USB recognigtion to my computer. It can charge, but is no longer capable of transferring files via USB. There is, however, Kies Air. This has been such a lifesaver!!! You can transfer files to and from your phone, and I have transferred Zeus and Aeon to my SD card through Kies Air. I installed Aeon on my phone no problem and it is working flawlessly You only need to download the Kies Air app to your phone. No special drivers, apps, or software is needed for your computer. If anyone has any questions on how to do this, you can PM me or just post on here.
Doesn't help much when he is only able to go to download mode, or sick at Samsung screen. I was having a similar issue. Odin was not recognizing my device but heimdall 1 click worked like a charm. Give that a shot, let me know how that works out for you.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

Ogre_Two
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknhard View Post
Doesn't help much when he is only able to go to download mode, or sick at Samsung screen. I was having a similar issue. Odin was not recognizing my device but heimdall 1 click worked like a charm. Give that a shot, let me know how that works out for you.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

^^ I second trying heimdall.