OP Unknownforce

25th March 2012, 07:01 AM   |  #1391  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 928

3,313 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrao_n

As for revolutionary it says I need more files in there to open it. Never seen that before

Sent from my BAD A$$ EPIC TOUCH 4G

I think you need to right click on the revolutionary.exe and extract it. Then try running it again.
25th March 2012, 07:09 AM   |  #1392  
Texas
Thanks Meter: 65

191 posts
More
Unknownforce, you have some major balls developing this. Thank you, am getting all the files ready to give it a shot. Major kudos to you man.

EDIT: Two minor things I think would be helpful to add to your guide. 1. The AC power source does matter. I tried with a generic charger at first and for some reason it didn't work. The device lost power. I used the htc charger and it stayed powered on. 2. since I have a class 10 card, it reads the zip file quicker, so instead of 5-6 seconds its only about 2-3 for me. r/w speed is an important factor. Hopefully this isn't seen as nitpicky, I just want people to avoid having issues. Thanks again.
Last edited by tambourineman86; 25th March 2012 at 08:24 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tambourineman86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2012, 08:21 AM   |  #1393  
Flag Guadalajara
Thanks Meter: 208

1,403 posts
If I'm on 2.17 do I just need to use the 2.17 ruu instead of 2.08 and follow the same steps?

inviato dal mio PG86100 utilizzando Tapatalk
25th March 2012, 02:53 PM   |  #1394  
Flag Atl. Ga.
Thanks Meter: 79

391 posts
Man... This makes me wanna do it again

Evo 3D ViperROM v.2.5 downgraded HBoot 1.5 to 1.4

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalfox

If I'm on 2.17 do I just need to use the 2.17 ruu instead of 2.08 and follow the same steps?

inviato dal mio PG86100 utilizzando Tapatalk

if u r on 2.17 then u need to use the 2.08 RUU

if u on 2.08 then u need to use the 2.17 RUU
The Following User Says Thank You to scoot0073 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2012, 03:03 PM   |  #1395  
Owings, MD
Thanks Meter: 181

1,068 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambourineman86

Unknownforce, you have some major balls developing this. Thank you, am getting all the files ready to give it a shot. Major kudos to you man.

EDIT: Two minor things I think would be helpful to add to your guide. 1. The AC power source does matter. I tried with a generic charger at first and for some reason it didn't work. The device lost power. I used the htc charger and it stayed powered on. 2. since I have a class 10 card, it reads the zip file quicker, so instead of 5-6 seconds its only about 2-3 for me. r/w speed is an important factor. Hopefully this isn't seen as nitpicky, I just want people to avoid having issues. Thanks again.

I have a class 10 16gb SD card and I counted to 5 before I pulled it and I bricked it on the first time.
25th March 2012, 03:09 PM   |  #1396  
Flag Atl. Ga.
Thanks Meter: 79

391 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doeboy711

I have a class 10 16gb SD card and I counted to 5 before I pulled it and I bricked it on the first time.

X2 i got a 32gb class 10 n bricked it first time count 5
25th March 2012, 04:05 PM   |  #1397  
Thanks Meter: 201

1,162 posts
Successfully downgraded and took the PG86IMG off the SD card. When I reboot the phone it is in a bootloop. What do I need to flash now to get me out of the bootloop so I can take care of getting s-off?
25th March 2012, 04:05 PM   |  #1398  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,292

2,033 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambourineman86

Thanks.

The reason for #1 is that HTC's chargers charge at a higher rate, this is also the reason it wouldn't work through a USB connection to a PC. USB max is 500 mAh, HTC charger is 1000 mAH, the generic ones or other brands, are 900 mAh, it needs the full juice to stay on. But you could also do this via pulling the battery at the right time as well.

As for #2, the speed of the SD Card only matters for the initial copy to the device, which happens before you're updating, the zip file is copied to the device and flashed from the device. So the sd card speed does not matter for the bricking process. Found this out by pulling the SD Card out right when it says press vol up to flash, then press vol up, it still flashes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Unknownforce For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2012, 04:07 PM   |  #1399  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,292

2,033 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuff83

Successfully downgraded and took the PG86IMG off the SD card. When I reboot the phone it is in a bootloop. What do I need to flash now to get me out of the bootloop so I can take care of getting s-off?

This is normal, you have to run the RUU exe for 1.13, then it will boot normally.
25th March 2012, 04:23 PM   |  #1400  
Thanks Meter: 201

1,162 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownforce

This is normal, you have to run the RUU exe for 1.13, then it will boot normally.

I just did a factory reset and all was good. Just trying to obtain root now w/revolutionary and it's saying failed to get root.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
if you're scared say you're scared, man up and do it, the bees knees
Previous Thread Next Thread