Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[DOWNGRADE HBOOT/UNBRICK] HBOOT 1.50 -> 1.40 for S-OFF/Root

OP Unknownforce

16th May 2012, 02:37 PM   |  #2131  
fearbasel04's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag west new york
Thanks Meter: 77
 
302 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza

Same, but I bricked with the battery method just now

Funny I tired that too no go. So I thought its a lose. Until I read that u tired it so I did it again and yet again no go. Second try which is really in total five times it Worked. Thanks man.


Sent from my PG86100 using XDA
17th May 2012, 12:50 AM   |  #2132  
Cuppeerr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Grapevine, Texas
Thanks Meter: 821
 
2,766 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Donate to Me
More
by the time i've counted to 5 or even 4 it's moved on to the next step....
wtffffffffff I just did it. counted to 4 pulled the ac cord it shut off, plugged the ac cord back in and I get the flashing dim light. not solid, flashing.
Last edited by Cuppeerr; 17th May 2012 at 12:53 AM.
17th May 2012, 01:20 AM   |  #2133  
closeone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,463
 
1,096 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alainater

by the time i've counted to 5 or even 4 it's moved on to the next step....
wtffffffffff I just did it. counted to 4 pulled the ac cord it shut off, plugged the ac cord back in and I get the flashing dim light. not solid, flashing.

If it's flashing, it's not bricked.

Should be solid. Pop the battery back in and attempt to power it on.

~co~
The Following User Says Thank You to closeone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2012, 01:45 AM   |  #2134  
Cuppeerr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Grapevine, Texas
Thanks Meter: 821
 
2,766 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by closeone

If it's flashing, it's not bricked.

Should be solid. Pop the battery back in and attempt to power it on.

~co~

Thats what I meant to say I did everything counted to 4 pulled the ac, put the ac back in and it would just flash. Then it booted to bootloader just fine

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainater

Thats what I meant to say I did everything counted to 4 pulled the ac, put the ac back in and it would just flash. Then it booted to bootloader just fine

It's fine I only have this phone for a could more days then I get the lte Plus my mom couldn't care less about root as she's the next one in line for my phone
17th May 2012, 03:44 AM   |  #2135  
funkyboy1281's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kzoo
Thanks Meter: 33
 
297 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
pulling the battery made this sooo much easier...I've done it twice now on 2 different 3d's
17th May 2012, 06:08 AM   |  #2136  
slosvt's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyboy1281

pulling the battery made this sooo much easier...I've done it twice now on 2 different 3d's

Edit for not reading the posts on the previous page...

Getting the phone to brick is kicking my ass!
Last edited by slosvt; 17th May 2012 at 06:51 AM.
17th May 2012, 08:01 AM   |  #2137  
ldostang's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Laredo, TX
Thanks Meter: 115
 
545 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
ahhhh i cant brick the stupid phone... ive been trying for over two hours.

How do we do it with the battery method. DO we remove and reinsert quickly or wait a few seconds?
17th May 2012, 08:21 PM   |  #2138  
vido4eva's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag El Paso, TX
Thanks Meter: 20
 
161 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Thumbs up thanks
thank you unknown and closeone i finally balls up and did it and and it was pretty easy. the process look daunting but the live cd toolkit made it easy jus plug the phone on and its like ABC.

the only problem i had was timing the update to brick it lol took me 15 attempts.

do it ppl its real easy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vido4eva For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2012, 01:03 AM   |  #2139  
kaos420's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
dantes inferno
Thanks Meter: 1,697
 
3,176 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Donate to Me
More
been trying for 2 days now lol. my wifes 3d is unbrickable. wtf lmao ill keep trying pissing me right off.
18th May 2012, 01:29 AM   |  #2140  
closeone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,463
 
1,096 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldostang

ahhhh i cant brick the stupid phone... ive been trying for over two hours.

How do we do it with the battery method. DO we remove and reinsert quickly or wait a few seconds?

Keep trying! It's rewarding when it's done.

If you want to do it by pulling the battery, simply don't use the charger, and pull the battery at the right time. (It's apparently easier said than done).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos420

been trying for 2 days now lol. my wifes 3d is unbrickable. wtf lmao ill keep trying pissing me right off.

Again, just keep on trying with it! Try varying your timing a bit and letting it sit at the "Press Vol + to update" screen before starting the update. Also, you might also try pulling the battery instead.

(Note: There isn't (shouldn't be) any functional difference between pulling the battery or pulling the cable. You're just trying to cut power to the phone at the appropriate time to brick it, but there have been a few reported successes by users who have done a battery pull.)

~co~

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
if you're scared say you're scared, man up and do it, the bees knees
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes