[ROM] CM9 Kangs WIFI 2012.05.11

Tip us?

twa_priv
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4387
Quote:
Originally Posted by twa_priv View Post
Thanks pershoot, I keep an eye on it for now and see what happens overnight.
Hey pershoot,

Sorry to bug you again with my little problems.

I left my tab unplugged overnight (with about 80% battery left) and when I woke up this morning the battery was completely drained.
I needed to connect it to the wall charger to bring it back to life.

Are there any other logs besides last_kmesg that could be useful in that case?

Also, I guess I'm going to start over now by flashing stock 3.2 in odin.
Last time (about a few weeks ago) I flashed this one in odin to my us wifi only tab: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1345813
to get rid of the triangle at boot (which was caused by flashing your test kernel in odin in case you can remember).

However, this is also about the time when things started to get worse (like being stuck on the bootanimation, black screen during charging). The battery draining issue is pretty new though.
I'm wondering if you think I should flash a different build in odin to go back to stock.

Again, thanks for your help

pershoot
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3734
Quote:
Hey pershoot,

I left my tab unplugged overnight (with about 80% battery left) and when I woke up this morning the battery was completely drained.

Last time (about a few weeks ago) I flashed this one in odin to my us wifi only tab: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1345813
to get rid of the triangle at boot (which was caused by flashing your test kernel in odin in case you can remember).

However, this is also about the time when things started to get worse (like being stuck on the bootanimation, black screen during charging). The battery draining issue is pretty new though.
I'm wondering if you think I should flash a different build in odin to go back to stock.

odin back to the latest 3.2. boot cwm, flash 0508 from droidbasement, dont flash gapps. boot in, dont restore apps. observe for 24 hours.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pershoot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

akarol
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by pershoot View Post
odin back to the latest 3.2. boot cwm, flash 0508 from droidbasement, dont flash gapps. boot in, dont restore apps. observe for 24 hours.
We don't need to flash GAPPS every time we flash your SNAPSHOTs over previous ones anymore?!
Device: Black Nexus 5 (32GB)
ROM: Droidkang v19
Kernel: ElementalX 0.34

Device: Nexus 7 (16GB)
ROM: Stock 4.4 (KitKat) - Rooted
Kernel: ElementalX 2.10

twa_priv
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4387
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarol View Post
We don't need to flash GAPPS every time we flash your SNAPSHOTs over previous ones anymore?!
No, you don't need to flash gapps if you flash a new build.

Ostrich Egg
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Hey pershoot,

You might try using BetterBatteryStats (free on XDA, donate on market) to see if anything is wakelocking your device.

akarol
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Latest update seems to have fixed my FCing Gmail. Tanks pershoot!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Device: Black Nexus 5 (32GB)
ROM: Droidkang v19
Kernel: ElementalX 0.34

Device: Nexus 7 (16GB)
ROM: Stock 4.4 (KitKat) - Rooted
Kernel: ElementalX 2.10

volja1971
Old
(Last edited by volja1971; 10th May 2012 at 12:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by pershoot View Post
battery is fine, but you will get slightly more drop if wifi always on and sync on, since it is not suspending and is on full tilt. im lookin at ways to conserve battery in this scenario on the new driver from google. 40% is excessive. check any bg apps/widgets you may have which are constantly using data, or polling the battery. i get ~6-7% drop in about 16 hours of runtime idle (used to be 2-3% drop in 23 hours of idle runtime).
Had same issue with this ROM, but now on the May 8 version and it seems very solid.
Pershoot do i need to flash GAPS on the May 8 release and May 9? Another question do i need to do wipe if i flash May 9 over the May 8 release?
Also i noticed you change the different CWM on the droidbase folder for ROM-s are they really different or it is just you update the whole folder?
Thank you for your great job!

Kayak83
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeislak View Post
+1 what cm9 nightly did you install. I was about to go back to honeycomb cus it's pretty much double the battery life when compared to this rom

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
Not anywhere near double less battery life for me compared to 3.2. Not sure where these results are coming from. Getting the same as I was on 3.2. Awesome!

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

5/11 build plus pershoots 5/3 kernel = no wifi. Although, I did flash it right over the latest build with no data wipe. I did wipe cache/dalvic.

pershoot
Old
(Last edited by pershoot; 12th May 2012 at 06:37 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayak83 View Post
Not anywhere near double less battery life for me compared to 3.2. Not sure where these results are coming from. Getting the same as I was on 3.2. Awesome!

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

5/11 build plus pershoots 5/3 kernel = no wifi. Although, I did flash it right over the latest build with no data wipe. I did wipe cache/dalvic.
edit..

since this build is using my sources, the 0503 is not compatible. it already contains the current development kernel (i assume). reflash the rom.

TheKiD075
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Pershoot-
My tab has been having some issues with not going into deep sleep. It stays at the lowest kernel setting 216 MHz. I have followed your directions, completely wiped the tab fresh install of 20120509- Snapshot p4wifi. No apps put on except for CPUSpy and no overclock. Infact the only tbing i have done besides log into the market is change the wallpaper to a static photo and I'm still not getting into deep sleep. Any thoughts? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
TheKiD