[MOD] ICS Transitions For CM7
Since the latest updates to our Eclipse and CM7 have the ICS Transitions included, There is really no more need for this. Unless you want to add it to a different ROM that doesnt have them. In that case, use the link to the Original thread. Thanks
I came across this little tool in my quest for ICS transitions. This worked for me so I decided to share with everyone in the X2 forum. I only tried this on CM7 but it should work for all ROMs since it is using your own framework-res and SystemUI files. Before starting, I believe this is only for windows computers due to the fact that the patcher is a .exe file. But if you know how to run these files in other operating systems then you are good. Backup your ROM before flashing. I'm not responsible if you end up having to SBF.
All you need to do to get this to work for you is:
1. Download the patcher to your desktop here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=41
2. Extract files from .zip
3. Copy your framework-res.apk and your SystemUI.apk from your phone to your desktop.
4. Place your framework-res.apk in the res/framework folder
5. place your SystemUI.apk in the res/app folder
6. Run the patcher.exe included in the file
7. After maybe 10 minutes or less, it will produce two zip files. One is the ICS transitions and the other is, I'm assuming, a backup in case you decide you want your old transitions back.
8. Flash the .zip with the ICS transitions to your device in bootstrap recovery.
9. Restart and you should have the new transition effect.
I hope this is helpful to everyone. It was for me. Thanks to Achep, capez and DaxIΠFIΠITY for making this awesome patcher.
UPDATE: I have attached the two .zip files that I created using this patcher tool. I'm not 100% but I'll bet its safe to say that these are ONLY for the CM7 ROM for the X2 since I used the two files from that ROM to make it. I don't suggest flashing this on any other ROM than CM7 for DX2. If you want to try this on another ROM, use the patcher tool in the link above and use the files from your own ROM. There are two files. One is the ICS transitions and the other is an "undo" zip that should set you back to normal.
It has been reported that if you have used metamorph to modify your theme in any way, you may get a bootloop If you flash my files. If you have used metamorph, I suggest using the patcher tool and creating your own file rather than flash mine.