Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

MIUI 4: Would you use it?

OP armada786

18th March 2012, 12:57 PM   |  #31  
loekis's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Berne
Thanks Meter: 12
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
I installed miui first on a spare hd2 for my wife before she got her first smartphone. I wanted her to get used to such a phone before ordering an iphone. This one really looked like an iphone (after applying a theme). Then i fell in love: fast, simple, stable and so many possibilities for customizing. Then I switched my own hd2 from rafdroid to langthangs miui. This one actually doesn't look iphone-like....

To get to the point: i like the miui builds (my hd2 is like new born with that rom) and i certainly would try it on my Iconia, too. But.... it's hard to top Flexreaper at the moment.....

Sent from my A500 using xda premium
18th March 2012, 02:17 PM   |  #32  
FloatingFatMan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 538
 
2,663 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2005
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nifterific

And AOSP looking like you want is irrelevant when its incapable of looking how others want, while MiUi can look how they want it to.

The problem isn't people that don't like MiUi, its people that think a default theme designed to look like iOS is the only option. It shows that you don't have the slightest clue what the **** you're talking about. It looks like that by default, but its not a permanent look, it can look however you want it to.

And this is coming from someone that only wants AOSP roms, stop being so close minded and accept that others have a differing opinion from yours. If they want it to look different from AOSP, the theming modules are 100% relevant. There is a difference between not liking MiUi and not liking iOS and having no clue what MiUi is capable of.

See? Butthurt morons all over the place. Learn to read, dumbass.
18th March 2012, 09:20 PM   |  #33  
Senior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 68
 
510 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:

The problem isn't people that don't like MiUi, its people that think a default theme designed to look like iOS is the only option.

but the default theme ain't iOS like... that the main point.

Quote:

See? Butthurt morons all over the place. Learn to read, dumbass.

I see one big one Just right there


................. really....
18th March 2012, 10:00 PM   |  #34  
bfranklin1986's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 334
 
1,060 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Damn guys, we turn a thread that was gauging interest for potential rom development into a flame war.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
18th March 2012, 11:11 PM   |  #35  
armada786's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 98
 
237 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfranklin1986

Damn guys, we turn a thread that was gauging interest for potential rom development into a flame war.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Seriously. Can we please respect other's opinions and avoid using personal attacks. Either we discuss wether we would use MIUi on the Iconia with respect or I will request that a moderator close this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to armada786 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2012, 11:51 PM   |  #36  
TFordham's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saratoga Springs USA
Thanks Meter: 231
 
958 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by armada786

Seriously. Can we please respect other's opinions and avoid using personal attacks. Either we discuss wether we would use MIUi on the Iconia with respect or I will request that a moderator close this thread.

Exactly. I simply expressed my opinion on the OP question, and it got personal. Sad.
19th March 2012, 03:57 AM   |  #37  
Senior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 68
 
510 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFordham

Exactly. I simply expressed my opinion on the OP question, and it got personal. Sad.

Sad ?


What is sad is people doing comments without any proof or fact.

FACT is MIUI is not a copy of iOS so cannot be iPAD like (as you said in your first OPINION)

When someone is wrong is totally respectful to tell what is the RIGHT answer, unless you prefer stay ignorant (that is not an insult it's a statement concerning the knowledge of someone, stupid is an insult)...

I prefer someone tell me how wrong I am rather than people keep inside and let me think that I said something smart and right... next time I will say something right and look smarter...


SO

MIUI V4 on tablet will not look like an iPAD like because there is no real similarities (BY DEFAULT)

lock screen the V4
top = camera
left = phone (but I suppose on tablet we will get something to set there)
right = message (same as phone we should be able to set this)
bottom = unlock

launcher
4 icon on the bottom, but can add 2 more... what else it's not apple created that 4 icon on bottom... it's samsung so far. and what kind of launcher you would like see (we are speaking about an OS running on phone mainly, there is 2 tablet anyway running it)

desktop
grid system where installed application and widget are.
a widget folder can group those application together (I prefer the ICS where dropping an app icon on another group them)

setting
so far there are 3 tabs... iOS ? I don't see how similar that is.

A2SD support
bring your memory back (but on tablet is non sense) by sending dalvik cache and application on a ext3 partition on your SDCard (that require some config previously done by the user)

well there is so many things on MiUI 4 that really can't tell all.



but for sure

MIUI will not make your tablet looks like an iPAD.

that's it.

you can go check miuiandroid.com for more information that will make your day.
The Following User Says Thank You to sanaell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2012, 05:15 PM   |  #38  
Psichi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plano
Thanks Meter: 429
 
590 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaell

I prefer someone tell me how wrong I am rather than people keep inside and let me think that I said something smart and right... next time I will say something right and look smarter...

You are 100% wrong in how you are handling this situation.

The OP asked if people were interested in a MIUI port. There were people who said no, they would not because they feel MIUI is too close to Apple's overall aesthetic for their taste.

You feel that MIUI is different enough from iOS, both in the fact that it has widgets and a power toggle dropdown, and that it can be extensively themed.

^
|
|
That right there is all you needed to say on the topic, and it could have opened up a nice discussion, but you have chosen with every post to start attacking people and calling them idiots because they don't believe exactly what you believe. As you can see, all that has served to accomplish is people attacking back and no one taking the time to listen to what you have to say.

In the future, the correct way to respond to someone who has a different opinion than you is to politely explain why your view differs from them, and politely provide examples of why you feel your viewpoint is correct. As a decent human being, you should also listen to the other person's point of view and try to understand where they are coming from.

If you can have a decent conversation, not only will you have served to express your views, you will have been educated on how someone else views the world and hopefully will have a little better understanding of how the universe works. If, in the end, the person does not share your same viewpoint, then move the conversation to something like beer or chips.

But remember it is that person's right to have whatever beliefe they want, and it is not your right to yell at them if they don't agree with you.

You have now been informed that you were doing something wrong, and I hope you chose to adjust your behavior like you said you would.
19th March 2012, 06:00 PM   |  #39  
Senior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 68
 
510 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
I maybe wrong as you say Psichi but
I didn't called idiot peoples or bold it on a quote... but what I read was more that from someone else.
Quote:

See? Butthurt morons all over the place. Learn to read, dumbass.

POST #32
that is more insulting and rude.

Also I would like told you that you should go deeper and see the newest version of MIUI, you will be surprise... what version did you tried, on what machine


Based on fact MIUI *ME YOU I* is not a copy of iOS

my answers have only one point, it's to lead people who doesn't know what miui is or are not sure what it is to don't get it wrong with some others who doesn't used it really or just see some "theme" screenshoot giving a FALSE opinion not based on FACT or USE.

I would like point the fact that the first time I used miui I got tons of error Force Close etc.. was not happy, I installed right away CM7 to see... and got terribly disapointed by the sluggyness (I got deep in the options to see if I could resolve this problem... no chance) so I got an idea that maybe I forgot something when I installed MIUI and YES (clearing all, wiping all, fresh install anyway I can get all back with my backup and I am not an addicted of application)

so after installed I saw a very nice theme orange, grey and with a quite nice background.

I go deeper on the settings and I saw I could change really everything I want even things I never knew that I could do directly without using ADB or else... such as animation starting, lockscreen etc... and really it's a pleasure and something people like to get their phone "unique" look or "professional" look without using thousand of hours reading weboard etc... no here, download theme, or just partial theme and that's it.

What I mean the most in my posts is

MIUI is really something great, and the MIUI V4 will be something quite kick ass, based on ICS, and comparing that UI to a simple iOS is not acceptable.

I didn't attacked people because they don't believe what I believe... because I DO NOT BELIEVE it's FACT, and that the main point, I showed the FACT that the "iOS" wasn't at all there... or either they never got an iPhone in their hand...

get Samsung Galaxy S and iPhone (everyone will agree they looks alike... they made a real story of love and hate since a while with those phones)
put MIUI on the samsung to be fair
open both phone and look at them...

Tell me really with no time that BOTH are similar.... that will be quite ... insane to say that, same as put a dog and a cat and say the dog is like the cat... woot... NO that's it.


Other things is

IT S BORING TO ALWAYS SEE

IT'S LIKE IOS
IT'S SAME ON IPHONE
IT'S IPAD

etc...
GOSH Apple didn't invent all UI / DESIGN / TECHNOLOGY they just got ideas from what existed or what is exist and put a good "end-user" works on it.

Apple do stuff that are really end-user friendly so far... YES that's true
BUT THEY DIDN'T CREATED the WORLD and NO STEVE JOBS is not a GOD.
(he just a damn good and talented guy that's it)

PS: I maybe more interested by the look and feel on my phone rather than the "overclocking" stuff. MIUI does not overclock phones.


Now I will be pleased to see really How will looks like MIUI on tablet but I still not sure to want it running on the tablet (maybe the project from HTC will be more suitable)
20th March 2012, 01:31 AM   |  #40  
warfenix's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 212
 
764 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
I would totally use miui om my tablet. I had it in my Samsung galaxy s and I have it now on my Motorola triumph, miui is simply amazing with everything. Except its a memory hog lol. But +1 to miui for our tabs all the way

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes