5,594,077 Members 46,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T Release Date???

Tip us?
Red5 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by amswak View Post
I had a family unlimited data plan. They said in the store I had to change it to unlimited LTE data plan. I asked what the difference was and they said no difference in the cost or the amount where it throttles back, it is just different in their system. So yes, I think they are trying to force people out of older grandfathered plans, but my plan was less than a year old so there was no real impact for me.
No, they cant change your grandfathered data plan unless you agree/sign saying you wish to move to another data plan. The LTE unlimited data plan gets throttled after 5GB instead of 3GB... so its better.

Maroon Mushroom
Old
Thanks Meter 442

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5 View Post
No, they cant change your grandfathered data plan unless you agree/sign saying you wish to move to another data plan. The LTE unlimited data plan gets throttled after 5GB instead of 3GB... so its better.
This.

Something can always go wrong so make sure you double check after you upgrade! If you lose your unlimited data plan, you can always get it back if you call 611. As long as you can "prove" that you

1.) Used to have unlimited
2.) It was removed without your consent
iPhone 3G > Captivate > Aria > Focus > Atrix 4g > AT&T Galaxy S2 > International Galaxy Note > AT&T Galaxy Note > AT&T One X > HSPA Galaxy Nexus > Nexus 7 > iPhone 5 > > Galaxy S3 > 16gb Nexus 4 > Galaxy S4 > 2013 Nexus 7 32gb > Nexus 5 White 32gb

mr2sweet
Old
Thanks Meter 3
UGH!!! so when I go to upgrade and get to the final page it says the total cost for the phone is 299 instead of 199....why is that, and how do I get it for the 199 price. I'm on a premier account.

MWilt
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by nactownplaya View Post
Perhaps me switching to LTE is the difference. I did not have the option to keep the exact same data plan I had with the iP4 as it wasn't LTE.
nope, I was wrong...my new plan says unlimited 4g LTE data for 30$. that was coming from my old unlimited iPhone data plan for the same price.
AT&T One X - CleanROM 6
Nexus 7 - CleanROM 1.1

Crizthakidd
Old
Thanks Meter 14
i need help. im trying to buy the phone using my brothers atnt upgrade but i want to go use the phone on my own pre paid service . whats the best way to go about this, ive never had prepaid before and not sure which company or bands work to pick

vioalas
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crizthakidd View Post
i need help. im trying to buy the phone using my brothers atnt upgrade but i want to go use the phone on my own pre paid service . whats the best way to go about this, ive never had prepaid before and not sure which company or bands work to pick
If the bands match up just go on AT&T and upgrade his line and select the phone. You'll have to get it unlocked though. unless you're using go phone, then you're fine.

Crizthakidd
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by vioalas View Post
If the bands match up just go on AT&T and upgrade his line and select the phone. You'll have to get it unlocked though. unless you're using go phone, then you're fine.
do i ask for it unlocked then or just do it myself when i get home. and i decided on straight talk which uses atnt towers so my reception will still be good and has unlimited data. on atnt go phone its like 50$ for unlimited yet u sitll have to add a 20 $ data plan for 200 mb lol ! such a rip

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crizthakidd View Post
do i ask for it unlocked then or just do it myself when i get home. and i decided on straight talk which uses atnt towers so my reception will still be good and has unlimited data. on atnt go phone its like 50$ for unlimited yet u sitll have to add a 20 $ data plan for 200 mb lol ! such a rip
AT&T does not sell unlocked phones. And they won't supply unlock codes for 10 months after the phone's release. Your best bet is to buy an unlock code for around $20. eBay, from a seller with a good rating, is probably your safest bet (or another website, if they have a good rep).
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: HTC One X (AT&T version) Rooted, Bootloader Unlocked, S-Off

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (WiFi only) Rooted

vioalas
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Exactly what he said!

samven582
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2sweet View Post
UGH!!! so when I go to upgrade and get to the final page it says the total cost for the phone is 299 instead of 199....why is that, and how do I get it for the 199 price. I'm on a premier account.
Im having the same problem. Anybody now how to fixes this?