XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] NEED HELP - battery issues with my galaxy note gt-n7000

Tip us?

MadeInGDLR
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] NEED HELP - battery issues with my galaxy note gt-n7000

i bought my galaxy note 3 days back. except for battery issue , everything else is fine.
problem - charging drops below 85% from 100% immediately after unplugging. this happened yesterday and also today....i charged the phone while sleeping ( 1 am to 8 am ).....charging dropped from 79% to 100% imediately after unplugging....

i could use some advice about correct charging methods - can i charge the phone when battery is 50% drained or should i wait for the battery to completely drain??

sideways86
Old
Thanks Meter 6
with lithium based batteries you definitely do not need to completely drain the battery before you recharge it.

As I understand it there are two possible explanations here:

1) Your battery is broken. If nothing in 2) helps, get a replacement battery.

2) Your battery stats have gotten screwed up somehow.

Depending on what version of android you're on this can be fixed by either:

a) doing nothing for a few days and seeing if the stats start behaving normally. I would recommend you start with this.

b) wiping your battery stats. There are a bunch of apps that can do this, or you can do it from CWM.

If you do wipe your battery stats, your phone will probably report weird battery usage for a couple of days. See a).

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to sideways86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]