Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,818 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Low Battery charge in Ap Fastboot Fix

Tip us?
 
vel0city
Old
(Last edited by vel0city; 5th June 2013 at 04:34 PM.) Reason: add link
#1  
vel0city's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 86
Join Date: Oct 2010
Smile Low Battery charge in Ap Fastboot Fix

Hey guys, I recently found an alternative way to fix the low battery problem when your in AP Fastboot and able to get it to charge without the soldering of usb cable or the factory cable. So for those who do not want to open up their razrs or pay 40 bucks for a cable use my method.
-Make sure you have the charging cable connected to the phone and the cable to an outlet not an computer.
-While in the ap fastboot screen with the low battery problem, just push & hold Vol - and Vol+ and power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds
-Then IMMEDIATELY press and hold Vol - and Vol+ for 10 seconds to get back to the boot menu.
-Then once in the boot menu go down the the one option that has the word tools on it which is the last one.
-If it does not do anything just press volume up or down and go back to the tools and click power (enter) again.
-Then you should be boot to the M logo.
-Then after a bit you will be presented to an battery icon charging your phone!
-After a good charge up to 50% or so download the program called

New Link
http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...astboot-files/





-Download that program and make sure your phone is back in AP fastboot and your battery should say OK meaning you can now program again.
-From there run the Droid RAZR Utility you just download it and choose option 1 and let it do its thing.
-Once done you should have the original stock rom and if you had root you must re-root it.
-Please message back for any questions! I am happy to help because I know how frustrating this is!
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to vel0city For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pedrotorresfilho
Old
#2  
pedrotorresfilho's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1095
Posts: 1,590
Join Date: Jan 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vel0city View Post
Hey guys, I recently found an alternative way to fix the low battery problem when your in AP Fastboot and able to get it to charge without the soldering of usb cable or the factory cable. So for those who do not want to open up their razrs or pay 40 bucks for a cable use my method.
-Make sure you have the charging cable connected to the phone and the cable to an outlet not an computer.
-While in the ap fastboot screen with the low battery problem, just push & hold Vol - and Vol+ and power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds
-Then IMMEDIATELY press and hold Vol - and Vol+ for 10 seconds to get back to the boot menu.
-Then once in the boot menu go down the the one option that has the word tools on it which is the last one.
-If it does not do anything just press volume up or down and go back to the tools and click power (enter) again.
-Then you should be boot to the M logo.
-Then after a bit you will be presented to an battery icon charging your phone!
-After a good charge up to 50% or so download the program called
Droid RAZR Utility I can't post the link but it is in our forums so just search for it. If pm and I will give you the Link.

-Download that program and make sure your phone is back in AP fastboot and your battery should say OK meaning you can now program again.
-From there run the Droid RAZR Utility you just download it and choose option 1 and let it do its thing.
-Once done you should have the original stock rom and if you had root you must re-root it.
-Please message back for any questions! I am happy to help because I know how frustrating this is!
This really works for corrupted systems after a flash failure without a working fastboot?



Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk
 
switch2cingular
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 61
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wayne, Pa.
Great Job! Only wish that I knew about this 3 weeks ago! I took the back off and ended up glueing it back on and did a warranty exchange. I hope they don't say anything!!!
Again Great Job!!!!


Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium
 
vel0city
Old
#4  
vel0city's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 86
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrotorresfilho View Post
This really works for corrupted systems after a flash failure without a working fastboot?



Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk
As long as once it is plugged in and the screen comes up in the AP Fastboot it will work. Just hold power plues volume up and down then once that turns off immediatley press the volume up and down and it will boot you right to the boot menu. But just wondering what shows up for you if it is not the fastboot?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vel0city For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
renx0
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Mar 2012
I can't get it to work, after I select BP Tools, it flashes the Motorola Logo and goes back to the AP Fastboot screen again. I don't think it works if you formatted \System.
 
stepinmyworld
Old
(Last edited by stepinmyworld; 24th March 2012 at 12:01 AM.)
#6  
stepinmyworld's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 647
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by renx0 View Post
I can't get it to work, after I select BP Tools, it flashes the Motorola Logo and goes back to the AP Fastboot screen again. I don't think it works if you formatted \System.
exactly. for those that got cut off as the phone was in the process of flashing, i dont think it will boot to any phone charging icon because there's no software on the device. I've been trying for a week now
The Following User Says Thank You to stepinmyworld For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jaredakelly
Old
#7  
jaredakelly's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 282
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by vel0city View Post
Hey guys, I recently found an alternative way to fix the low battery problem when your in AP Fastboot and able to get it to charge without the soldering of usb cable or the factory cable. So for those who do not want to open up their razrs or pay 40 bucks for a cable use my method.
-Make sure you have the charging cable connected to the phone and the cable to an outlet not an computer.
-While in the ap fastboot screen with the low battery problem, just push & hold Vol - and Vol+ and power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds
-Then IMMEDIATELY press and hold Vol - and Vol+ for 10 seconds to get back to the boot menu.
-Then once in the boot menu go down the the one option that has the word tools on it which is the last one.
-If it does not do anything just press volume up or down and go back to the tools and click power (enter) again.
-Then you should be boot to the M logo.
-Then after a bit you will be presented to an battery icon charging your phone!
-After a good charge up to 50% or so download the program called
Droid RAZR Utility I can't post the link but it is in our forums so just search for it. If pm and I will give you the Link.

-Download that program and make sure your phone is back in AP fastboot and your battery should say OK meaning you can now program again.
-From there run the Droid RAZR Utility you just download it and choose option 1 and let it do its thing.
-Once done you should have the original stock rom and if you had root you must re-root it.
-Please message back for any questions! I am happy to help because I know how frustrating this is!
dude your a life saver! thank you!!!
 
mestisso79
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 53
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: campinas
Wink solution

I tried to do so but did not work I tried to boot straight to the battery also did not work had to own a cable faser
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-03-26_03-37-12_443.jpg
Views:	2505
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	967308  
 
jaredakelly
Old
#9  
jaredakelly's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 282
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestisso79 View Post
I tried to do so but did not work I tried to boot straight to the battery also did not work had to own a cable faser
did you try the above tutorial? worked fine for me a couple hours ago
 
stepinmyworld
Old
#10  
stepinmyworld's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 647
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredakelly View Post
did you try the above tutorial? worked fine for me a couple hours ago
Definitely didn't work. When that m logo comes up, it disappears and the screen goes off. The charging icon does not show.

Tags
low battery fix when stuck in fastboot, stuck in fastboot on motorola droid razr
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes