Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more

Headphone Audio Out Problem

16th March 2012, 10:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32

178 posts
Mentioned this on another thread as well.

Problem exists on both 2.3.6 Motoblur and Latest Jokersax ICS Kang so I'm not thinking a software issue just yet.

I can play music through the loudspeaker without a problem, how ever, when I plug the headphones in, all I get is massive distorted mess of what is playing (I have to turn the radio/amp up fairly high to be able to hear this)

The phone is detecting the presence of headphones.

Any ideas? Broken socket?
16th March 2012, 05:53 PM   |  #2  
Flag Rawalpindi
Thanks Meter: 149

659 posts
More
try different headphone and check the audio settings (just in case the EQ is all messed up on headset mode) and also if problem remains then while plugin rotate the jack or twist cable a little and see if audio output changes.
16th March 2012, 08:31 PM   |  #3  
Flag Guadalajara
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
More
That happen to me sometimes. My problem is because I have my phone in my pocket all the time and little dust get in to the plug so I need to clean it.
18th March 2012, 11:26 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehrules

Mentioned this on another thread as well.

Problem exists on both 2.3.6 Motoblur and Latest Jokersax ICS Kang so I'm not thinking a software issue just yet.

I can play music through the loudspeaker without a problem, how ever, when I plug the headphones in, all I get is massive distorted mess of what is playing (I have to turn the radio/amp up fairly high to be able to hear this)

The phone is detecting the presence of headphones.

Any ideas? Broken socket?

Did you get resolve your problem. Same problem is there with my hand set as well. I'm using 2.3.4 with build 4.5.91. The problem persists while in call as well.
18th March 2012, 09:39 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 17

209 posts
Try cleaning you headphone socket with alcohol ( spirit).
19th March 2012, 12:15 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32

178 posts
Okay, I've semi-solved it.

Its clean as a whistle, and has been alcohol'd so that wasn't it.

I tapped it on the back where the jack sits, and it came back to life... I suspect dry/bad soldering to the board to be a cause.

I plug and unplug the socket 2/3 times a day as I use it with my car radio (I do have the official car kit, but the car charger bit broke, and the audio out from the car kit is very bad and also doesn't send my calls through the speakers without disabling loudspeaker while driving !)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread