XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Headphone Audio Out Problem

Tip us?

tehrules
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default Headphone Audio Out Problem

Mentioned this on another thread as well.

Problem exists on both 2.3.6 Motoblur and Latest Jokersax ICS Kang so I'm not thinking a software issue just yet.

I can play music through the loudspeaker without a problem, how ever, when I plug the headphones in, all I get is massive distorted mess of what is playing (I have to turn the radio/amp up fairly high to be able to hear this)

The phone is detecting the presence of headphones.

Any ideas? Broken socket?

xateeq
Old
Thanks Meter 149
try different headphone and check the audio settings (just in case the EQ is all messed up on headset mode) and also if problem remains then while plugin rotate the jack or twist cable a little and see if audio output changes.
"A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."

paniqueado
Old
Thanks Meter 0
That happen to me sometimes. My problem is because I have my phone in my pocket all the time and little dust get in to the plug so I need to clean it.

akp277
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehrules View Post
Mentioned this on another thread as well.

Problem exists on both 2.3.6 Motoblur and Latest Jokersax ICS Kang so I'm not thinking a software issue just yet.

I can play music through the loudspeaker without a problem, how ever, when I plug the headphones in, all I get is massive distorted mess of what is playing (I have to turn the radio/amp up fairly high to be able to hear this)

The phone is detecting the presence of headphones.

Any ideas? Broken socket?
Did you get resolve your problem. Same problem is there with my hand set as well. I'm using 2.3.4 with build 4.5.91. The problem persists while in call as well.
Motorola Atrix 4G, OS 2.3.4
Build : 4.5.91

Nipit
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Try cleaning you headphone socket with alcohol ( spirit).

tehrules
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Okay, I've semi-solved it.

Its clean as a whistle, and has been alcohol'd so that wasn't it.

I tapped it on the back where the jack sits, and it came back to life... I suspect dry/bad soldering to the board to be a cause.

I plug and unplug the socket 2/3 times a day as I use it with my car radio (I do have the official car kit, but the car charger bit broke, and the audio out from the car kit is very bad and also doesn't send my calls through the speakers without disabling loudspeaker while driving !)