[Share] Verizon XT610 unbrick. (For Code Corrupt)
[UPDATED 19MAR2012 GMT+8 20:00]
Unbrick Tutorial on Linux Environment
1. Boot your PC into Knoppix Linux with the CD you burnt.
(Let it boot, it can be some 5 minutes. Not yet. No need to click anything yet)
2. Browse to the folder where you saved the SBF_FLASH by windows.
Copy the location address. You need it for Terminal below
3. Execute Terminal here
4. Run commands like this.
You will see exactly how this look like. I can only lead you to "Waiting your phone"
I cant afford to flash my phone again. LOL
-----[Stop here for the hour, I will tell you guys how to apply update.zip after a break]-----
[Background and Scenario]
*For who with Code Corrupt. / Bootloader stuck / M logo stuck
Dear all, lately I got my XT610 bricked.
Originally I was on 4.6.8 (newest rom). I was then doing the worst thing on earth,
I SBF-ed the whole thing with a 2.26 sbf with RSD-Lite (as how we flash sbf as usual)
1. PC: RSD of every version would not recognise my phone. Driver of every version neither work.
Linux: some people may have heard of sbf_flash under linux. Flashing was ok under linux. Hoever the phone just still wont boot.
2. My phone starts with Bootloader code corruption. Nothing works, RSD wont work. As mentioned, I tried with Linux sbf_flash command (google around what is sbf_flash, plenty of tutorial/explanation around)=], the flashing process was fine but the phone just stuck in M logo for minutes, then bootloader appears again with error code. "ERR :00 1d 00 00 xx" (something like this)
No matter how much times I tried to sbf_flash back the 4.6.8 sbf file, no luck. I was around the edge of collasp and ready to go psycho. I have been double-wiping data and cache for thousands of times....
[What makes it working again?]
I was wondering, as long as Stock recovery is still working (Pressing R+M key), I was going to try out the last "meaningless thing".
I copied the update.zip (the file used to update from 3.87 to 4.6.8 with SD card), I installed this file again by recovery (install update.zip something like this)
In theory, this file should only deal with system part, not the booting part. However I was thinking, bootload is locked, there should be no problem with it.
Recovery works, seems the rom is intact.
M logo changes from white to Red after sbf_flash, means booting was partially done. Only problem left should be the OS. (think in PC way, Bios is intact, Windows is dead)
I was holding my breath, watching the update.zip going. When it comes to update BP complete, I was almost sure the thingie's gonna work again, since RSD showed "Flash BP fail" before, and likely being recovered by this update. Some lines after, there was an error from reading. I ignored it, double-wiped again and restart.
I left my phone on the desk for some seconds. Suddenly, the most unpleasant scream on earth "DROOOOID~" suddenly yells in the air. The most unpleasant scream suddenly becomes the most joyful yell on earth!
The remaining would be the same as you did before.
Root, install apps, enjoy.
1. Linux-environment, sbf_flash the 4.6.8 sbf which you used for RSD/SDL in Windows. (for those commands , try googling. If You still have no idea, drop me a line, I will post that up)
2. Bootlap after Linux flash, , got ERR code in Bootloader after M logo. dont worry.
3. Hold R+M+Power, reboot into recovery.
Do a double wipe.
4. copy update.zip to SD card, install the update.zip.
once the process pass through Update BP complete, ignore any error code there after.
5. Double Wipe again, reboot
6. "DROOOOID~", Root, and have you facebook on!.
*Drop me a line if you got any questions. Though I have no technical background, nor knowledge in programming. Trying and sharing is what we do.
#Only tested on Verizon Droid Pro. Euro/ARG Droid Pro please proceed to the other threads.
*Sorry for the bad English, I am not native speaker.