Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Guys... which is good Sensation or SAMSUNG Galaxy SII?

OP sam razzy

18th March 2012, 06:07 PM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 6

100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorasky

I won a GS2(Hong Kong version with a 4.3" display and a Home button like iphone, 1.2GHz CPU) in a lucky draw,
but i sold it for Sensation.

If I have to choose between GS2 and Sensation again
ill properly choose sensation.
Sensation doesnt run as fast as GS2,
but Sen is extremely user friendly.
HTC has done every thing for you,
you just simply switch on the phone and use it
while GS2 has to find some pretty widget.= =

One minor thing: The girls arround me are attracted by HTC Weather as I lend them my phone

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

I can hardly recognize the change in signal strength

I don't suffer from the death grip either in fact (this maybe due to the carriers) but I get signals in places where my friend (has a SGS2) doesn't get any on top of everywhere else.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium
18th March 2012, 07:25 PM   |  #42  
Berlin
Thanks Meter: 2

49 posts
More
I have a sensation, my girl has an s2. We switch phone sometimes. Both phones are terrific. You won't go wrong picking either of those.

The sensation has nice sense UI (better than TouchWiz imho) and looks generally prettier. The screen resolution also tops the s2, not by a huge amount but you can definitely tell the differences. HTC widgets are also superb.

The S2 is faster, superior screen (srsly you have to have them side by side to tell how pale the color of the sensation is). Lighter, thinner to me is a plus. Sensation is a bit too heavy. Also S2 has better battery life. Examples : Playing music : Sensation needs 5%/h and S2 needs 2%/h.

Now both phones are equal to me but when custom ISC roms for the S2 start coming out (better battery life, faster web browsing to be expected .. etc), I would recommend the S2 over the Sensation.
Last edited by dullahan263; 18th March 2012 at 07:28 PM.
19th March 2012, 03:47 PM   |  #43  
Flag Marshallton
Thanks Meter: 60

916 posts
More
Samsung is cheap plastic ****... ****ty screen and.feels like a toy... Sensation
Or the Amaze but there isn't alot of support yet ive heard.. but you might as well wait for the HTC One

Sent from my insertcoined Sensation 4G with Beats Audio
19th March 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #44  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 235

1,270 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyiswhite

Samsung is cheap plastic ****... ****ty screen and.feels like a toy... Sensation

Why exactly?
19th March 2012, 05:01 PM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 71

140 posts
More
like most people have said already: it's personal preference

the S2 is thinner, lighter but feels terribly cheap (no polycarbonate but some cheap plastic).
the S2's screen is more colorful and has better contrast due to it's AMOLED screen, but imo colors look more natural on the Sensation's screen. anyways, i'd prefer the S2 screen for pictures, videos and games though, but i definately prefer the Sensation's screen for text display (browsing, text messages, emails and so on) because of it's higher screen resolution.
yes, the Sensation's screen is more narrow, but actually the Sensation has 16:9 aspect ratio (screen resolution is 540 x 960 (qHD)). also i think it's an advantage if u use ur phone with one hand.

and I prefer Sense over Touchwiz. Sense looks nice imo and brings some nice features / apps (like the email or dialer app). don't get me wrong, u can have the same on the S2, but then u have to install several apps and widgets, Sense just comes with it. a lot of ppl don't like Sense at all, a lot of ppl do like it. so u have to find out urself.

with GB and Sense 3.0 the Sensation UI seems to be a bit sluggish, but i never had any problems with running any app. with ICS and Sense 3.6 my Sensation feels pretty snappy (running ARHD 6.5.x @ 1.5GHz though).

just get the device which fits best to u.
Last edited by PuscH; 19th March 2012 at 05:30 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to PuscH For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2012, 05:14 PM   |  #46  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 235

1,270 posts
Donate to Me
More
I agree with PuscH 100%.
19th March 2012, 06:29 PM   |  #47  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ma sweet home
Thanks Meter: 482

3,285 posts
More
Can I know wether sensation got open source kernel release? If not is there any news on It?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
19th March 2012, 07:29 PM   |  #48  
Thanks Meter: 112

1,045 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam razzy

Can I know wether sensation got open source kernel release? If not is there any news on It?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

kernel source for sensation just released yesterday. so development should be popping this coming week.
19th March 2012, 07:42 PM   |  #49  
Account currently disabled
Flag XDA Sucks !
Thanks Meter: 2,023

5,043 posts
Donate to Me
More
I love the Galaxy series, But they do seem a little 'cheaply made' the back case is as thin as my cock But the performance makes up for that..

I had my SGS 1 for over 12 months and was never disappointed.. Never had a single issue with it.. But my last upgrade it was SGS2 / Sensation... I chose Sensation and i dont regret it - except the signal issue - which is down to my carrier not the phone.

The SGS2 is a great phone, But still looks like the SGS1 and still has the cheap plastic feel.

The sensation seems rugged and tough - although ive broken the screen twice lol.

each phone has its pro's and con's but either way you will not be disappointed with your choice
19th March 2012, 08:56 PM   |  #50  
Flag mangalore
Thanks Meter: 17

400 posts
More
If there has ever been a tough call between two top-shelf Android handsets, this must be it. Even a glimpse through the spec sheet can’t tell you which one to snag - they are both powered by 1.2GHz dual-core chipsets, allowing them to record Full HD 1080p video at 30fps with their 8MP cameras, have 4.3” displays, and are both running the latest Android 2.3 Gingerbread with the respective homebrew interface overlays – Sense and TouchWiz.

And yet, when you dig deeper, the HTC Sensation and the Samsung Galaxy S II are rather different - the design philosophy is polarizing, screen technology and resolution don't match, the dual-core chipsets are not from the same mother, and the user interface concepts are opposites. Which one will be right for you? Read on, while we jump in to solve this dilemma...

Design:

Despite being thicker and heavier that the Samsung Galaxy S II, the HTC Sensation actually feels more ergonomic in the hand. The two handsets have almost the same width and length, but the Galaxy S II comes in a bit edgy, being the anorexic rectangular slab it is, while the added thickness and heft of the HTC Sensation make it feel more solid, and the curvy corners with tapered edges make it palm-friendly. This feeling is then reinforced by the choice of materials for the chassis - aluminum and soft-touch plastic are more pleasant to handle and show-off than black plastic.

However, these are deliberate design approaches - since the first Galaxy S, Samsung prefers to hit where it would count in marketing materials, and it made the Galaxy S II the thinnest and lightest handset with a 4.3” screen, hence the all-plastic design. HTC prefers more sophisticated design materials, and yet it currently strives to achieve a fairly uniform appearance across its Android portfolio, which makes the phones of this brand immediately recognizable, regardless of the market niche they are heading to, and yet a bit unsurprising because of the similar looks.

So which one should you pick based on design and looks alone is entirely subjective - personally we prefer phones with a big screen to be as thin and light as possible, but many others would go for the more sophisticated and distinctive design paradigm of HTC. If you are paying that much money for a phone, you might as well get some aluminum around it, right?

Moreover, it might be the different display technology that has allowed Samsung to make the Galaxy S II so thin - the Super AMOLED Plus screen needs less layers than the Super-LCD in the HTC Sensation. It has other virtues, too, like almost infinite contrast, wide viewing angles, and saturated, vivid colors. The display on the HTC Sensation is able to exhibit lively colors as well, but in a more limited gamut, and when you are halfway through tilting the phone to determine the viewing angles, the colors and brightness start to fade significantly.

The LCD screen on the HTC Sensation appears a tad brighter indoors, but outside under direct sunlight the very low reflectance of the Galaxy S II coating makes the image slightly easier to see. There is one area where the HTC Sensation is ahead, though, the 540x960 qHD resolution, compared to 480x800 pixels in the Galaxy S II's 4.3-incher. Since the Super AMOLED Plus technology gets rid of the PenTile RGBG matrix pixel arrangement, the individual pixels are not distinct as on the Galaxy S, for example, when you bring the phone close to your eyes.

The Samsung Galaxy S II has another advantage
over the HTC Sensation – Samsung is officially
blessing the development of custom ROMs like
CyanogenMod for it , whereas the HTC Sensation
comes with a locked bootloader, at least for
now . It is also the handset with less storage – an
8GB microSD card comes with the phone,
whereas the Galaxy S II comes with 16GB of
internal memory.
So, which one is right for you? If you do a lot of
reading and browsing on your smartphone, you
will certainly appreciate the bigger resolution on
the HTC Sensation, despite that browsing on the
Galaxy S II is smooth as silk. If you are
somewhat of a performance buff, or use the
smartphone mainly for watching videos, then
the Samsung Galaxy S II will grace your day
with many hours of high-definition movie
playback, in any format, and with subtitles, if
you need to understand what Dr Gregory House
is talking about. Oh, and that Super AMOLED
Plus display has simply gorgeous colors when
displaying video, and is power-sipping then, too.
Thus, if you are a function-before-form type of
person, you’d appreciate the simple and easy-
going, yet extremely powerful and future-proof
Galaxy S II. If you are into classier design looks
plus a richer software feel with the Sense UI and
its goodies like offline navigation through
Locations, but willing to sacrifice some battery
life and internal storage for them, you are likely
to walk out of the store with an HTC Sensation in
your hands.
In short, if the Samsung Galaxy S II is the light
and fast coupe, driven by the concepts for
simplicity and raw power under the hood, the
HTC Sensation is the more refined and
distinctive luxury ride, which is less capable in
certain core aspects, but carries with it
additional perks that make for a more
sophisticated experience. Frankly, in the land of
the little green robots, you can’t go wrong with
any of these two.
Last edited by samcad; 19th March 2012 at 09:12 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread