Htc Amaze stock battery life is actually very decent AGREE?!

Search This thread

lojak29

Aug 18, 2010
I just got the amaze for the second time..... Never cared to notice before but I think for being htc and htc is well known for its quality hardware but terrible battery life.. I was in awe over the battery life for it on a first time full charge !!
Off charge at 7 am and heavy usage till 3pm and with 70% battery left after 8hr..
Reallyy!!!!
All my evos and mytouch devices in the past on OTHER CARRIERS were dead by 12 Noon!!
Maybe htc got it right with this phone.. I'm really content with stock Rom , which makes me wonder how much better can it get with this talk about Energy 03.10.12 Rom....being stellar Battery life!!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
Energy is nice. I get great battery life. But if you're content with stock then just roll with that.

fuego77

Oct 6, 2010
How in the world. I get 7 hours with intermediate use.....compared to every else's I feel like I night have a faulty battery

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using XDA

G

glacierguy

How in the world. I get 7 hours with intermediate use.....compared to every else's I feel like I night have a faulty battery

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using XDA

I can kill my battery in 7 hours if I use it really heavy, or make it last 24+ hours with little to no use... It really varies and "usage amount" is all relevant

seansk

Feb 15, 2010
Los Angeles
I just got the amaze for the second time..... Never cared to notice before but I think for being htc and htc is well known for its quality hardware but terrible battery life.. I was in awe over the battery life for it on a first time full charge !!
Off charge at 7 am and heavy usage till 3pm and with 70% battery left after 8hr..
Reallyy!!!!
All my evos and mytouch devices in the past on OTHER CARRIERS were dead by 12 Noon!!
Maybe htc got it right with this phone.. I'm really content with stock Rom , which makes me wonder how much better can it get with this talk about Energy 03.10.12 Rom....being stellar Battery life!!

wait till you install some apps lol...I had the same experience out of the box

lojak29

Aug 18, 2010
Ya now I see first day was great .. now at 63% in 2 hours with juice defender even.... wtf??

mrgwap

Dec 19, 2010
Yeah phone is very nice battery sucks. My roommate has the s2. He listens to music , has gps ,on 4g on texts a few here and there from 6am to 3pm batt on 75 percent I'm like wtf. My **** gose to 100 to 62 % in a hour and a half and I have the 1950 mah batt Agh

JesseMT4G

Aug 30, 2011
Youngstown
I just literally hit the yellow mark in my battery department, which means 30% left. I took off charger at 9 am and is now 800 pm and I have streamed quite a bit of music, about 20 texts and a few calls, little web such as this very forum.

Even forgot to turn off my BT. So going on almost 11 hours. I should get my usual 10-15 hours of use. All on stock.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

lamenramen

Jul 19, 2011
The only phone that I've ever owned that poor battery life that could compete with the Amaze's battery life is the original Evo.

In other words, The Amaze's battery life is tied for the worst that I've ever seen from a phone. Any phone.

Custom ROMs should improve things, as will the Anker battery so I hear. I'm going to test these theories.

My goal is to get equivalent usage compared to other Android phones. That will be my standard, not trying to squeeze 24 hours of continuous video watching or something like that. Right now on stock, with my standard usage patterns, it's dead in 8 hours tops. (Again, my other phones would not have been dead)

dasudevil

Jan 16, 2010
Gilbert AZ
I'm am with you all. I have my days with this thing including the update to ics. I am ranging from 5 hrs to 15hrs. Yes they are the exact same usage. Minimum 1 hr of net, 20 minutes of you tube and about 6hrs of podcast or music. During this time I have the settings at : screen set as low as possible via widget thing and auto sync. Guess it depends on how the battery feels.

Forgot to add these results are from work. 12 hr shifts. 6 hours I am able to use continuously. The rest of the time its on breaks and sits in my locker.

Last edited:

Tech71

Dec 14, 2011
Reallyy!!!!

Yeah last better than the custom Roms I've been using. In fact the new stock leak runs better then any Rom I've tried. Now to unlock and root. :D

Sent from my A500 using XDA

JesseMT4G

Aug 30, 2011
Youngstown
Like glacier said earlier, it just depends on usuage. If at a sit down job and nothing to do but play on your phone, it is easy to drain about any phone.

I used to drain my BB 9700 in 8 hours with constant use, with tons of apps on it. That was considered one of the best phones out for battery life. Thing is when idle a lot, I could get an easy 24 hours off it, sometimes even close to two days.

Just depends how you use it. I can kill my Amaze in 6 hours, but again I average between 10-15 hours stock.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

ed116

Oct 20, 2010
North York
from usage, i get the best battery life on stock, i had BP before i reverted to stock, and BP was the worst i had in battery life, my list goes like
1. Stock
2. Sense 3.5 RC 1.7
3. Bp

stock is great for me, when idle for 7-8 hours it only drops 2% at most not 20% like BP or not 5-10% liek sense 3.5, gonna stick to stock as i dont need 'root' access, i just use the phone for video, music, talk, text, and browsing

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA
Please keep all queatiin based threads in the Q&A section.

Thread Moved.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
XDA Rules: http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?a=81

10 Post Rule: http://www.xda-developers.com/announcements/xdas-10-post-rule/

XDA Marketplace Rules: http://www.xda-developers.com/announcements/market-place-rules-updated/

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sent from my Galaxy Note i717, using XDA Premium.

Loose4Bruce

May 2, 2012
I'm am extremely disappointed with the battery life on my HTC amaze.
Today for example, it was fully charged at 6 am.
I sent a couple texts, talked for less than 5 minutes, and did nothing else.
I had to plug it in by noon because the battery bar turned orange????
I carry 2 spare batteries in my purse.

broker32

Apr 24, 2012
I jave anker and I'm on my 3rd cycle. So far the battery life is slightly worse than stock for me.

I'm running speedrom which is supposed to have better battery life, but so far I can't tell the difference and I'm a moderate user.
Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA