Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,168 Members 50,948 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]5-23-2012[DiSCONTINUED]| AOKP-Insomnia Build 37 For MT4G

Tip us?

katsumeiyo
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Since we going off topic, can I ask a question. I've seen just a few ics rom pop up on the threads, can someone tell me the noticeable differences between the major ones, like zipnets, and inferno. I really don't want to flash them all and try them one by one. I'm assuming the AOKP ones have nearly the same features in settings, but any kind of hint will be helpful.

oh and i'm not asking in an inflamatory way, don't go saying one sucks, I just want pointers when it comes to features

Old
(Last edited by 0.0; 19th April 2012 at 01:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumeiyo View Post
Since we going off topic, can I ask a question. I've seen just a few ics rom pop up on the threads, can someone tell me the noticeable differences between the major ones, like zipnets, and inferno. I really don't want to flash them all and try them one by one. I'm assuming the AOKP ones have nearly the same features in settings, but any kind of hint will be helpful.

oh and i'm not asking in an inflamatory way, don't go saying one sucks, I just want pointers when it comes to features
You know, all of them are pretty much the same now lol. But if you want something with the navbar, go for either zips or ...awesome...'s one. If you don't mind not having navbar, zips or blackwing's one is good. I suggested a navbar in this thread for build 32. Blackwing said he took my suggestion and will work on it. Hope its included, along with the other fixes, in the next build soon

Edit: my bad, made a mistake. Zips is combo of cm9 and aokp. The rootie tootie is a combo as well. This one and the aokp one that ...awesome... and his team released is pure aokp

Sent from my myTouch 4G
if i have helped you, please click the "thanks" button

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: Google Nexus 4
ROM: temasek CM11.0

Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2013)
ROM: Carbon 4.4.2

Phone: T-Mobile myTouch 4G (R.I.P.)
ROM: my Jellybean port

katsumeiyo
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0.0 View Post
You know, all of them are pretty much the same now lol. But if you want something with the navbar, go for either zips or ...awesome...'s one. If you don't mind not having navbar, zips or blackwing's one is good. I suggested a navbar in this thread for build 32. Blackwing said he took my suggestion and will work on it. Hope its included, along with the other fixes, in the next build soon

Sent from my myTouch 4G
thanks thats already helpful... and what's with the AOKP (Team Kang) and CM9, i'm confused as hell, its the same project?

cjwebb
Old
Thanks Meter 10
What's the BLN toggle?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA

Old
Thanks Meter 2528
Quote:
thanks thats already helpful... and what's with the AOKP (Team Kang) and CM9, i'm confused as hell, its the same project?
Not quite. Both have different modifications to it. For example, aokp has weather on the status bar included while cm9 doesn't. Cm9 has power widgets while aokp has toggles (different style, but same functions). I'm not too sure about stability, but I would think cm9 is a bit more stable. Idk about that though

Sent from my myTouch 4G

The Following User Says Thank You to 0.0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Old
Thanks Meter 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwebb View Post
What's the BLN toggle?

Back light notification I believe. I Googled it, and its basically the soft keys light up upon an incoming notification. So like a led light, but instead with the soft keys (like the back button or something). Idk if it even works. Never tried. Try google bln, since my interpretation of what it is could be wrong

Sent from my myTouch 4G

The Following User Says Thank You to 0.0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saranhai
Old
Recognized Contributor / Developer
Thanks Meter 3294

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
nope, Team Kang and Cyanogen Team are two different teams. for starters, AOKP is only ICS, while Cyanogenmod has been around for i don't know how long. IMO, AOKP gives more options and customizations for the user, and offers a better experience. but, since Cyanogen has been around for a while, more devices are supported, while Team Kang doesn't support so much.

all in all, AOKP and Cyanogenmod 9 are two complete different projects.
New Member Guide - Getting the most out of XDA | Don't like what i said? Read this | Forum Rules

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

-Team Inferno-
The Following User Says Thank You to saranhai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

katsumeiyo
Old
Thanks Meter 10
last thing I want to ask, been going back through the thread, but not sure if it is the same issue.. has anyone been experiencing random shutdowns, like in instagram for example, or playing youtube, followed by a drain of the battery, or battery marked as fully charged but you barely plugged it in for 5 min.

txrocker281
Old
Thanks Meter 7
one bug I have noticed, when I am using headphones and listening to music (I am using power amp for music) and I get a notification (txt or emails),all audio plays trough the speaker phone instead of the headphones or headset for the lenght of the notification sound then resumes back to headphones

DylanTheVillian
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0.0 View Post
The recent apps menu (holding down home button) is not the ics style. Could that be fixed?

Sent from my myTouch 4G
It is still ICS style, its just a bit different... It slides left and right to view open apps and you slide up or down to dismiss app. I personally like it the way it is in this build Thanks Balckwing182<----- FYI thats how you spelled your name on the installer in recovery when you flash your newest build

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe