Tip us?

iimzii85
Old
(Last edited by iimzii85; 17th March 2012 at 05:18 PM.) Reason: Underlined lol
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Siyah Kernel WiFi Issue

Hi all,

So here's what's happening, I have a rooted GS2 with the Zedomax kernel and had an issue with the wifi where when I turned on wifi, it would scan but before anything came up it would just turn off. Someone recommended that I get Odin mobile and then download the Siyah kernel right on to the phone and flash through Odin. I did that and the phone rebooted fine and I have the new kernel but the wifi issue persists. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you for the help in advance.

Here are my specs;

Android Version: 2.3.6

Baseband Version: I777UCKK6

Kernel Version: 2.6.35.14

Build Number: GINGERBREAD.UCKK6

PDA: I777UCKK6

Phone: I777UCKK6

Csc: I777ATTKK6

I don't know what else to include but let me know and I'll try to include it.

nbell13
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by iimzii85 View Post
Hi all,

So here's what's happening, I have a rooted GS2 with the Zedomax kernel and had an issue with the wifi where when I turned on wifi, it would scan but before anything came up it would just turn off. Someone recommended that I get Odin mobile and then download the Siyah kernel right on to the phone and flash through Odin. I did that and the phone rebooted fine and I have the new kernel but the wifi issue persists. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you for the help in advance.

Here are my specs;

Android Version: 2.3.6

Baseband Version: I777UCKK6

Kernel Version: 2.6.35.14

Build Number: GINGERBREAD.UCKK6

PDA: I777UCKK6

Phone: I777UCKK6

Csc: I777ATTKK6

I don't know what else to include but let me know and I'll try to include it.
That happens to me with certain roms. Try flashing entropy's daily driver through siyah recovery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
Google Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to nbell13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iimzii85
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbell13 View Post
That happens to me with certain roms. Try flashing entropy's daily driver through siyah recovery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
Sorry for being ignorant but since I'm new to this rooting thing, could you maybe dumb it down for me? How would I go about accomplishing this?

yoderk
Old
Thanks Meter 268

DONATE TO ME
You flash the modem through recovery, or through mobile odin. The kernel you are looking for is located here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1289460

To enter recovery turn off the phone. Hold the volume down and up buttons and the power button. The phone will turn on and off, when it powers back on release the power button but still hold the volume buttons down. This will enter recovery allowing you to flash the .zip

If you wish to use mobile odin, then extract the zImage out of the .zip file from entropy DD and flash using mobile odin.
Phone: Nexus 4 16gb
Kernel: franco.kernel
Rom: Xylon 016 B1 Build

If my post has in any way helped or humored you, please hit the thanks button

Always have your stuff when you need it with Dropbox
Dropbox 2gb free!
The Following User Says Thank You to yoderk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iimzii85
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoderk View Post
You flash the modem through recovery, or through mobile odin. The kernel you are looking for is located here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1289460

To enter recovery turn off the phone. Hold the volume down and up buttons and the power button. The phone will turn on and off, when it powers back on release the power button but still hold the volume buttons down. This will enter recovery allowing you to flash the .zip

If you wish to use mobile odin, then extract the zImage out of the .zip file from entropy DD and flash using mobile odin.
First off thank you! Let me just get this right before I screw up something. I'm currently using a Mac so I download the zip to my comp or would it be better to just download it right to my phone? What's the most simplest to follow? Thanks!

Nick281051
Old
Thanks Meter 1327
Quote:
First off thank you! Let me just get this right before I screw up something. I'm currently using a Mac so I download the zip to my comp or would it be better to just download it right to my phone? What's the most simplest to follow? Thanks!
either way is fine but it may be easier straight from your phone as you wont have to transfer it
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777

HTC Inspire 4g collecting dust

Old Phone: Samsung Captivate (At&t)- Returned
HTC Tilt 2 (AT&T)- Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx7621 View Post
Nice job bro! Not only have you insulted the dev of the rom thread you're posting in , but you also took offense to an internet forum post which has no bearing on your life! This is the internet bro. You've got to have a thick skin.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nick281051 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iimzii85
Old
(Last edited by iimzii85; 17th March 2012 at 09:14 PM.) Reason: Update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick281051 View Post
either way is fine but it may be easier straight from your phone as you wont have to transfer it
Ok done. Wifi seems to turn on now but it won't connect. It stays on "Obtaining IP address". It'll say remembered after a while and then go back to the previous.

Edit: Tried re-installing and it connected! Thank you guys! Will harass you more if anything changes

anikiup
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Ok done. Wifi seems to turn on now but it won't connect. It stays on "Obtaining IP address". It'll say remembered after a while and then go back to the previous.

Edit: Tried re-installing and it connected! Thank you guys! Will harass you more if anything changes
I am wondering. How did you get a zedomax kernel in I 777?
Now (ICS): --VK--Rom
Before:Foxhound, Epsilon, MIUI V4(4.0.3) , Sensation ICS Hellraised (awesome), Shostock, OmegaRom, Turkbey, AOKP, CM9
Before: SangoVision hellraised, VK, MIUI Ultimate.
Before: NEAT, Ultimatum, Another MIUI, Shishir
Before: Checkrom (hellraised), CM7, SHostock
Before:Binnacle Beta 5

Using in Acer A500:
Now: CM9 (No SOD)
Before:Flexreaper R10, Tabooney, Thor, Icylicious ...

trell959
Old
(Last edited by trell959; 19th March 2012 at 09:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 800

DONATE TO ME
KK6. There's your problem.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note N-7000
Samsung Galaxy S II i-777
HTC Inspire 4g
Samsung Captivate

"Don't regret anything you do man. It's just a waste of time." -Watt9493