Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 48,664 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][2.3.7]MIUI - v7 (4 Sept 2012)

Tip us?

ElectroBeijing
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrty33 View Post
Hmm... flashing the fix zip should fix it. Sorry about that.
Working out some kinks on the next update, but it's gonna be MUCH better

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA
It's all good, I'm just happy to see MIUI on the Hero- I'd read threads about this before, but from what I read I thought it was impossible [ or just a pain ] to get it booting on the Hero, so just having a good ROM is awesome!

Cool, I'll watch out for the update!

-Asskicker-
Old
Thanks Meter 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroBeijing View Post
It's all good, I'm just happy to see MIUI on the Hero- I'd read threads about this before, but from what I read I thought it was impossible [ or just a pain ] to get it booting on the Hero, so just having a good ROM is awesome!

Exactly, I'm waiting patiently.

KelevrA_8
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroBeijing View Post

The reason it was pretty much impossible before is because it was closed source... it recently became open source in February.

scataldo721
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Prob gona wait to flash the new update I'm pumped for it!!!!!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

ajrty33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 321

DONATE TO ME
I'll post something tonight. There's still some issues that I was wanting to fix first, but it's much better than the last even with its issues. The Chinese that are working this thing out are amazing and fast.

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." -Napoleon Bonaparte
The Following User Says Thank You to ajrty33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scataldo721
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrty33 View Post
I'll post something tonight. There's still some issues that I was wanting to fix first, but it's much better than the last even with its issues. The Chinese that are working this thing out are amazing and fast.

Col thanks

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

ajrty33
Old
(Last edited by ajrty33; 23rd March 2012 at 06:48 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 321

DONATE TO ME
Updated to a whole new base

- Still some issues, but this is still a work-in-progress
- The battery icon doesn't show up except when full, but you can turn on the awesome MIUI battery bar at the top (or install a battery widget with a notification icon)
- The stock browser isn't happy yet, so I included Maxthon. Opera might work, too.
- Themes work. If you're having issues with them, flash the theme_fix.zip in the OP.

Edit: i added a placeholder to /data/system/theme, so theme_fix.zip shouldn't be needed.
"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." -Napoleon Bonaparte
The Following User Says Thank You to ajrty33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sai5o4
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Though I've moved on from the Hero (got an Epic Touch), I just wanted to commend you on still taking on the Hero. It's crazy to see all these different roms ported to a phone that has surely passed its lifetime. Heck, there aren't many different roms on the Touch to try. All I know is I'm still gonna use my Hero for something. Thanks for keeping the Hero alive
The Following User Says Thank You to sai5o4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ElectroBeijing
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Thanks for constantly updating this ROM, once again. I'll flash beta5 once I get home, and report back any bugs I find.
The Following User Says Thank You to ElectroBeijing For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

goliath714
Old
Thanks Meter 112
So a few issues I've noticed, just in case you don't know them already...videos taken with the phone won't play, themes don't work for me, even with the fix, not sure if it's just a bad download, redoing everything tonight anyways, I think that's it, few force closes in settings, but that's probably due to miui issues and more than likely is unfixable...oh and I'm not sure what that little triangle in the status bar is, a roaming indicator? Roaming indicator on is always present in status bar too, not a big deal but just something I noticed. Other than that, not many issues, nice job porting this over. Love seeing all the action for the Hero, especially since my upgrade doesn't come for three months O.o