[TOOL] G2x Nullifier AROMA [UPDATED!] 2 August, fully customizable: Made with AROMA!

OP Волк

18th April 2012, 07:20 AM   |  #291  
Thanks Meter: 1,095

1,049 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodyarg

can you give me more details? i bricked my phone with this nullifier. i ran nullifier in recovery then rebooted without thinking. couldnt get back to recovery using the normal button sequence.
i then used the apx method to flash cwm alternate recovery, but after completion it still wouldnt boot into recovery using power+voldown buttons, just see the lg logo forever...
im about to try nvflash, i would like to know how to flash a rom with it. for those of us who are unfamiliar with nvflash can you or someone else explain how to "push a rom to partition 11"

ok to put things simple
- once bricked if you know how to use nvflash you can simply flash a boot.img back just to allow you to boot til recovery
- grab one of the stock kernels or any kernel specific to use only for G2X
- AFAIK i did flash it on partition 11 or 5.. you can try either way using this command under windows DOS prompt..it will consequently say fail but when you see all the bytes are written til the last drop it is actually successful..
Code:
nvflash --bct 1108_Hynix_512MB_H8TBR00U0MLR0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct --bl fastboot.bin --download 11 boot.img
- then a follow up flash again this time you now install the CWM via the same proceudre(NVFLASH)
- then now after successfully doing so turn your phone off and attach battery and boot holding your volume down and power together and wait til you boot to recovery..

this just took me around 5 mins to finish though thinking of it took me hours..and now my wife is enjoying the G2x..
Last edited by kairi_zeroblade; 18th April 2012 at 07:24 AM.
19th April 2012, 02:22 AM   |  #292  
OP Senior Member
San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 535

1,076 posts
Donate to Me
More
Should be 5, looking at the command for flashing CWM by itself it would be 5, and 0p5 is also boot partition. You likely won't have to re-flash CWM though, as it's not a problem with CWM not being there.
19th April 2012, 10:54 PM   |  #293  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 19

93 posts
More
I am running the new unofficial/official update of 2.3.4 with the new baseband and I want to run this nullifier...have run it many times in the past with great success.

here is my (stupid) question...does the nullifier wipe the baseband?

thanks in advance.
19th April 2012, 10:59 PM   |  #294  
Recognized Contributor
Seacoast near Joppa
Thanks Meter: 1,591

2,678 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhamada

I am running the new unofficial/official update of 2.3.4 with the new baseband and I want to run this nullifier...have run it many times in the past with great success.

here is my (stupid) question...does the nullifier wipe the baseband?

thanks in advance.

nope
22nd April 2012, 05:54 PM   |  #295  
Flag C.A.
Thanks Meter: 36

303 posts
More
Question Over using Nullifier
I flash a lot of ROMS at lease 3 a week. I always use Nullifier. On Genesis v1 - Beta4 - instructions it says Do Not Use Nullifier. my question is this.

Is it really safe to do this every time for people like me that flash often. Can Nullifier really ware something out and be used too much? Thanks
22nd April 2012, 09:34 PM   |  #296  
Flag Markham
Thanks Meter: 153

531 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosevilletoyota

I flash a lot of ROMS at lease 3 a week. I always use Nullifier. On Genesis v1 - Beta4 - instructions it says Do Not Use Nullifier. my question is this.

Is it really safe to do this every time for people like me that flash often. Can Nullifier really ware something out and be used too much? Thanks

I would do as the dev says. There must be a reason, although it would have been nice if the reason was disclosed.

Regarding wearing out flash: every write operation (and also read to a smaller extent) wears out flash. Generally flash is only good for so many read and write cycles (unless it has changed it used to be 1M and 100K respectively). So even using your phone is doing that. A good os should be able to keep track of bad bits and give a longer life as a result. Not sure if android is built that way but I would assume so.
Long story short if you only use The Nullifier once every day you will have 100K days of reliable operation . I think you would have moved to another phone by then

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
23rd April 2012, 12:28 AM   |  #297  
OP Senior Member
San Francisco

1,076 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosevilletoyota

Actually it says:

"3. DO NOT USE SCRUBBER, NULLIFIER OR CLEANUP BATCH!!!"

Sounds to me like he expects you to dirty flash over your old ROM, lol. If his ROM is suffering from the "double-install" issue, that could be why, but if that's the case, then the ROM isn't actually being installed as that issue is a problem which occurs when /system isn't mounted and the ROM script tries to continue to install anyhow.

/rant

As far as wearing something out, puhlease. There's this little thing called a cache partition which gets more usage than other partitions so if "nand-failure" due to too many writes is a thing which has any chance of occurring in reality, it would be well known and wide-spread and well-documented, not an urban legend. Two people have maid a claim to having heard of it, it's always some guy on another board with some out-of-date device. Beyond that, every app install and every app update uses the cache AND data partition, web browsing creates and uses a data cache, more writes cycles; even if /cache had some super-special wear-leveling or wear proofing and the others didn't, again it would be well known and well-documented.

/end rant

For everyone: I am working on an update, a minor one, but one none the less, and should (keyword, should) be getting it up today sometime.
23rd April 2012, 12:54 AM   |  #298  
Flag Markham

531 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Волк

Actually it says:

"3. DO NOT USE SCRUBBER, NULLIFIER OR CLEANUP BATCH!!!"

Sounds to me like he expects you to dirty flash over your old ROM, lol. If his ROM is suffering from the "double-install" issue, that could be why, but if that's the case, then the ROM isn't actually being installed as that issue is a problem which occurs when /system isn't mounted and the ROM script tries to continue to install anyhow.

/rant

As far as wearing something out, puhlease. There's this little thing called a cache partition which gets more usage than other partitions so if "nand-failure" due to too many writes is a thing which has any chance of occurring in reality, it would be well known and wide-spread and well-documented, not an urban legend. Two people have maid a claim to having heard of it, it's always some guy on another board with some out-of-date device. Beyond that, every app install and every app update uses the cache AND data partition, web browsing creates and uses a data cache, more writes cycles; even if /cache had some super-special wear-leveling or wear proofing and the others didn't, again it would be well known and well-documented.

/end rant

For everyone: I am working on an update, a minor one, but one none the less, and should (keyword, should) be getting it up today sometime.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_memory#section_3 read limitations section.

What would I know... I only used to work building these and similar PROMs

It seems there may have been a 10x improvement since I was working on it. At 1M writes one would never see the issue.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mansa_noob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 12:56 AM   |  #299  
Flag Markham

531 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mansa_noob

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_memory#section_3 read limitations section.

What would I know... I only used to work building these and similar PROMs

It seems there may have been a 10x improvement since I was working on it. At 1M writes one would never see the issue.

P.S. I am a very old guy

23rd April 2012, 01:03 AM   |  #300  
OP Senior Member
San Francisco

1,076 posts
Donate to Me
More
Please read above post, again and more carefully. Once you're done, read it again, then stop and think about how quickly one would accumulate 1k writes, even merely on stock. And, yes it would take a damn long time to accumulate 1m writes.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread