5,599,677 Members 46,967 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Huawei U8860 Honor / Honour / Glory - Index

Tip us?
 
cbr900
Old
(Last edited by GermainZ; 29th January 2014 at 12:14 PM.)
#11  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 39
Join Date: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaefert View Post
As stated in my first post, I'm currently using the unofficial MIUI android 4.0.3 version from here:
MOD EDIT: Link removed.

I have one or two unexpected reboots every day.
What is in MIUI rom better than the official rom that you like?
 
kaefert
Old
#12  
kaefert's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 182
Posts: 488
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr900 View Post
What is in MIUI rom better than the official rom that you like?
Well the MIUI ROM has much more configuration options, for example you have a statusbar settings page where you can choose between default battery icon, percentage number or the top pixel row in green. Or also the MIUI theme chooser is really nice.
Another useful thing is the permission manager thats included that (if you config it that way) asks you whenever an app tries to use a permission that its defined to require. for example if you have an app that has the permission to send sms then the permission manager will ask you the first time that the app really sends an sms if you want to allow or deny it, and also if you want to save your choice or if it should ask next time again.
2002 - Archos Jukebox Multimedia 20GB
2004 - Dell Axim X50v
2005 - Qtek S100 (HTC Magician)
2007 - E-TEN Glofiish X800
2008 - HTC Touch HD (HTC Blackstone)
2011 - HTC Wildfire (HTC Buzz)
2012 - Huawei Honor (U8860)
2013 - Sony Xperia Z (yuga)
The Following User Says Thank You to kaefert For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Rafasdfgh
Old
#13  
Rafasdfgh's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mexico
Hi, Sorry for my bad english, i have a awesome huawei honor, and i do all things that u describe in your post and run perfect but, i'm from mexico and y dont have 3G conection just Edge, do you know a way to resolve that? Thanks
 
kaefert
Old
#14  
kaefert's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 182
Posts: 488
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafasdfgh View Post
Hi, Sorry for my bad english, i have a awesome huawei honor, and i do all things that u describe in your post and run perfect but, i'm from mexico and y dont have 3G conection just Edge, do you know a way to resolve that? Thanks
Hmm. Well the only ideas I have:

1.) Theres a 2G+3G / 2G only switch, in the MIUI ROM I linked in my first post you can reach it like this:
Home Screen --> Settings --> More... (4th point under the heading Wireless & Networks) --> Mobile Networks --> Only 2G-Networks
If that switch is on, than obviously your phone won't connect to a 3G network

2.) Your not in range of a 3G network?
2002 - Archos Jukebox Multimedia 20GB
2004 - Dell Axim X50v
2005 - Qtek S100 (HTC Magician)
2007 - E-TEN Glofiish X800
2008 - HTC Touch HD (HTC Blackstone)
2011 - HTC Wildfire (HTC Buzz)
2012 - Huawei Honor (U8860)
2013 - Sony Xperia Z (yuga)
 
cymagnus
Old
(Last edited by GermainZ; 29th January 2014 at 12:14 PM.)
#15  
cymagnus's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 142
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Singapore
Apparently there is bootloop issue for the newly released MIUI ROM 2.3.23 over at MOD EDIT: Link removed.
My experience is that I got stuck at the splashscreen as well.

I have download another at MIUI main site : MOD EDIT: Link removed.
and it works OK. Some portions of the UI are with Chinese texts and a few Chinese apps but overall still OK.
 
kaefert
Old
(Last edited by GermainZ; 29th January 2014 at 12:14 PM.)
#16  
kaefert's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 182
Posts: 488
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by cymagnus View Post
Apparently there is bootloop issue for the newly released MIUI ROM 2.3.23 over at MOD EDIT: Link removed.
My experience is that I got stuck at the splashscreen as well.

I have download another at MIUI main site : MOD EDIT: Link removed.
and it works OK. Some portions of the UI are with Chinese texts and a few Chinese apps but overall still OK.
yep. I also flashed the version from there MOD EDIT: Link removed and am currently running it. Will update the first post again as soon as theres a working english version for the huawei over there: MOD EDIT: Link removed.
2002 - Archos Jukebox Multimedia 20GB
2004 - Dell Axim X50v
2005 - Qtek S100 (HTC Magician)
2007 - E-TEN Glofiish X800
2008 - HTC Touch HD (HTC Blackstone)
2011 - HTC Wildfire (HTC Buzz)
2012 - Huawei Honor (U8860)
2013 - Sony Xperia Z (yuga)
 
EnDSK
Old
#17  
EnDSK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 153
Join Date: Mar 2012
Hey could you recommend some other rom that will speed up my phone? Im currently overclocked to 1.8 Ghz using a kernel from the links you gave.

Sent from my U8860 using xda premium
 
kaefert
Old
#18  
kaefert's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 182
Posts: 488
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDSK View Post
Hey could you recommend some other rom that will speed up my phone? Im currently overclocked to 1.8 Ghz using a kernel from the links you gave.

Sent from my U8860 using xda premium
The ROMs that I know of and that I've tried you find in the first post. I found the loader (=desktop) of the non-MIUI ROMs to be faster and snappier. (However, the MIUI is more feature-rich)
2002 - Archos Jukebox Multimedia 20GB
2004 - Dell Axim X50v
2005 - Qtek S100 (HTC Magician)
2007 - E-TEN Glofiish X800
2008 - HTC Touch HD (HTC Blackstone)
2011 - HTC Wildfire (HTC Buzz)
2012 - Huawei Honor (U8860)
2013 - Sony Xperia Z (yuga)
 
EnDSK
Old
#19  
EnDSK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 153
Join Date: Mar 2012
Okay thanks alot I think I'm gonna give MIUI a try. Downloaded the latest version from the MIUI website. Have you tried any CM Release?

Sent from my U8860 using xda premium
 
kaefert
Old
#20  
kaefert's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 182
Posts: 488
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDSK View Post
Okay thanks alot I think I'm gonna give MIUI a try. Downloaded the latest version from the MIUI website. Have you tried any CM Release?

Sent from my U8860 using xda premium
As far as I know there is no CM (cyanogenmod) ROM for the Huawei U8860
2002 - Archos Jukebox Multimedia 20GB
2004 - Dell Axim X50v
2005 - Qtek S100 (HTC Magician)
2007 - E-TEN Glofiish X800
2008 - HTC Touch HD (HTC Blackstone)
2011 - HTC Wildfire (HTC Buzz)
2012 - Huawei Honor (U8860)
2013 - Sony Xperia Z (yuga)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes