FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[GUIDE] How To Build CM9 From Source Code Ubuntu 11.10 64-Bit

305 posts
Thanks Meter: 266
 
By gooch1025, Senior Member on 18th March 2012, 01:04 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
23rd March 2012, 10:09 PM |#31  
gooch1025's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 266
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtogami

Technically you only need to delete out/target to 100% ensure safe builds. Out/host almost never changes. This can shave a few minutes from the build.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Cool, thanks wtogami.

Sent from my Purple Haze Epic using xda premium
 
 
24th March 2012, 02:27 AM |#32  
shane6374's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 1,270
 
Donate to Me
More
In case no one has seen it, there is a new revision to android sdk up to r17.
24th March 2012, 02:35 AM |#33  
gooch1025's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 266
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374

In case no one has seen it, there is a new revision to android sdk up to r17.

Thanks shane, I'll update the guide later. Now I gotta update my tools lol.

Sent from my Purple Haze Epic using xda premium
24th March 2012, 11:36 PM |#34  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_d08_17

Cant seem to get past the brunch epicmtd part guys. Where should I execute this command?


Its saying brunch command not found

Im getting this same issue, any luck? sudo apt-get install brunch?
25th March 2012, 02:45 AM |#35  
deciple's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salem
Thanks Meter: 45
 
Donate to Me
More
You have to . build/envsetup.sh first don't forget the dot then space "."
Also....you don't install it; once you do the build command it makes brunch...so then you just type brunch epicmtd.... Then it'll create the the epicmtd folder at which point it'll start to build....that's when you close the terminal to stop the build (because there's nothing in there yet) then reopen the terminal and connect your phone to do the extract command etc.....
Broadcast to the public; to promote self awareness.
Last edited by deciple; 25th March 2012 at 02:54 AM.
25th March 2012, 03:50 PM |#36  
deciple's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salem
Thanks Meter: 45
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_d08_17

I dont have a framework folder in the system folder. Am I doing something wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_d08_17

Sweet thanks,. I found the apps but I couldnt seem to find the framework-res. I want to modify that apk. There was no folder in there for framework. Any suggestions?

I'm sorry dude, I told you wrong........here's where you find it

Cm9/frameworks/base/core/res/res/

then you can make edits to values or drawables or whatever.......
27th March 2012, 05:41 PM |#37  
Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 144
 
More
Sweet! No prob. Broke my head for a while there lol. Thanks!
Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
28th March 2012, 01:17 AM |#38  
jdelano's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Buford, GA
Thanks Meter: 1,026
 
More
Question little help please :)
Hello .. I'm taking a dip in the pool but have run into a snag:

I am on Windows 7 ultimate 64 sp1 24g ram
virtualbox 4.1.10
Ubuntu 11.04

I am near the start of the process; all has gone fine until I try to install the packages by running: (copied and pasted from OP)

apt-get install python git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl zlib1g-dev libc6-dev libncurses5-dev lib32ncurses5-dev ia32-libs x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev lib32readline-gplv2-dev lib32z-dev libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos python-markdown libxml2-utils libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential pngcrush schedtool gcc-multilib

I press return and receive:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package lib32ncurses5-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package lib32readline-gplv2-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package ia32-libs is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'lib32ncurses5-dev' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'ia32-libs' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'lib32readline-gplv2-dev' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package lib32z-dev

I imagine this is not the desired output as I wasn't given the prompt for Y/n.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
28th March 2012, 09:18 AM |#39  
gooch1025's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 266
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelano

Hello .. I'm taking a dip in the pool but have run into a snag:

I am on Windows 7 ultimate 64 sp1 24g ram
virtualbox 4.1.10
Ubuntu 11.04

I am near the start of the process; all has gone fine until I try to install the packages by running: (copied and pasted from OP)

apt-get install python git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl zlib1g-dev libc6-dev libncurses5-dev lib32ncurses5-dev ia32-libs x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev lib32readline-gplv2-dev lib32z-dev libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos python-markdown libxml2-utils libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential pngcrush schedtool gcc-multilib

I press return and receive:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package lib32ncurses5-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package lib32readline-gplv2-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package ia32-libs is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'lib32ncurses5-dev' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'ia32-libs' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'lib32readline-gplv2-dev' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package lib32z-dev

I imagine this is not the desired output as I wasn't given the prompt for Y/n.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

In the guide I explain that I am using Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit. If you're using a different distro such as 11.04, some of the packages may vary. Its best to follow my guide exactly since you're basically copying and pasting everything into the terminal.

Sent from my Purple Haze Epic using xda premium
28th March 2012, 11:32 AM |#40  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 437
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelano

Hello .. I'm taking a dip in the pool but have run into a snag:

I am on Windows 7 ultimate 64 sp1 24g ram
virtualbox 4.1.10
Ubuntu 11.04

I am near the start of the process; all has gone fine until I try to install the packages by running: (copied and pasted from OP)

apt-get install python git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl zlib1g-dev libc6-dev libncurses5-dev lib32ncurses5-dev ia32-libs x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev lib32readline-gplv2-dev lib32z-dev libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos python-markdown libxml2-utils libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential pngcrush schedtool gcc-multilib

I press return and receive:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package lib32ncurses5-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package lib32readline-gplv2-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package ia32-libs is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'lib32ncurses5-dev' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'ia32-libs' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'lib32readline-gplv2-dev' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package lib32z-dev

I imagine this is not the desired output as I wasn't given the prompt for Y/n.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You Can try this set of packages. This is what I used but my computer has little ram and the load is still trying to build. I am not sure if you will get any errors.

git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev sun-java6-jdk pngcrush schedtool

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to bodi524 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th March 2012, 01:07 PM |#41  
jdelano's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Buford, GA
Thanks Meter: 1,026
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooch1025

In the guide I explain that I am using Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit. If you're using a different distro such as 11.04, some of the packages may vary. Its best to follow my guide exactly since you're basically copying and pasting everything into the terminal.

Sent from my Purple Haze Epic using xda premium

actually I am on 11.10; Ubuntu updated when I first opened it. I didn't update the name of the vb. Sorry about that miss information.

here is a screenshot:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8D...MnhYenRQeWdyUQ

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodi524

You Can try this set of packages. This is what I used but my computer has little ram and the load is still trying to build. I am not sure if you will get any errors.

git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev sun-java6-jdk pngcrush schedtool

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Thanks for this; I am repo sync'g now
Last edited by jdelano; 28th March 2012 at 01:00 PM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, cm9 source, epic, epic 4g, ubuntu 11.10
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes