Ubuntu 10.10 runs on Galaxy Note. Most of the info below if from other threads. Credit to hollywood528 who has outlined the instructions at http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/t-1325250.html
- Make sure your Note is rooted.
- You will need to download "Terminal Emulator" and "Android VNC" all free from the Android Market...
- Download the ubuntu.img, ubuntu.sh, and the ubuntu.sh.md5 file from here: http://downloadandroidrom.com/downlo...oken=282068876
- Then make a folder named Ubuntu on your SD card and transfer them there.
- Open up termial emulator and type "su" then hit enter Next type "cd sdcard/ubuntu" After that type " sh ubuntu.sh" (ignore the warning)
- Then open Android VNC. Address: localhost ((or keep empty, it may work better for some that way))
Port: 5900 ((if this doesn't work, try 5901 or leaving it blank))
You're all set!!