Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,415 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem with GT-I900 upgrade

Tip us?

seumas1982
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Problem with GT-I900 upgrade

Hi I was trying to upgrade the Android Version on a Galaxy S2.

I installed Clockwork Mod Recovery and was able to boot into it but couldn't access the SD for installing image.

I booted into the downloading screen ( vol down and power on boot ) and installed an image then bootloader via Odin.

Now when I boot there is the standard Samasung Galaxy S2 logo and I can't access the downloading screen or clockwork mod and it just goes to the animated S logo with usb not recognized appearing on the connected Windows box.

Is there anyway to restore from this point?

Racing19969
Old
Thanks Meter 1241

DONATE TO ME
Are you able to access the phone through ADB?

If yes, run: adb reboot download, and this should put you in downlaod mode so you can odin a new firmware.

If no adb access, Does odin recognize the phone?

If yes, you should be able to odin a new firmware.

Make sure when you flash the new firmware you are using the correct rom for your device. ie: from your post you have a GS2 I9000 which is not the same as the GS2 SGH-T989.

you would use roms from this forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=665

If you are unable to flash a rom you can always purchase a download mode jig to get you into download mode if you have not Hard Bricked the phone. If you have Hard Bricked your phone there are a couple of sites that do Jtag repair to unbrick your phone.

Good Luck

HIT THANKS BUTTON IF HELPED OUT!!

Recent Projects: AOKP rom, Baked Rom, PACman Rom, TWRP Recovery2.4 , CWM Recovery, BlueLightning Kernel
LiquidSmooth JB 4.2.1-Alpha, CM 10.1-Unofficial-Alpha
The Following User Says Thank You to Racing19969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

seumas1982
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default No reponse from Odin or ADB

I have purchased a download mode jig hopefully it will work.

Thanks for your advice