FORUMS

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Key Factor: Battery Life

3rd April 2012, 10:02 PM |#151  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rkSoRRoW

i see some very bad batterystats.. don't like that..
in school i often play with my phone. lucky i have a second battery.. but it sees my HD2 is doing better than the One X, and the One X has no removable battery for a second one..

3h is too little! >.<

this will be a big problem for me :3

One X > Accessories > External Batteries

For the beauty and power of the phone, with an external I will be happy. Although I too am disappointed with the non-removable battery
 
 
3rd April 2012, 10:18 PM |#152  
Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
@maximeoliver 1.26...

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
3rd April 2012, 10:46 PM |#153  
gapper100's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Middelburg
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rkSoRRoW

i see some very bad batterystats.. don't like that..
in school i often play with my phone. lucky i have a second battery.. but it sees my HD2 is doing better than the One X, and the One X has no removable battery for a second one..

3h is too little! >.<

this will be a big problem for me :3

Just wait for the 1.28 update to arrive, we should see some pretty amazing battery performance after that
3rd April 2012, 10:58 PM |#154  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCowell

One X > Accessories > External Batteries

For the beauty and power of the phone, with an external I will be happy. Although I too am disappointed with the non-removable battery

I never even knew the capabilities of external batteries, until now, but they seem fantastic! I ordered this 7000mah one from Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arcadia-Exte...pr_product_top

And it should give me 3 full recharges, which will be invaluable to me as I go backpacking and climbing quite often and dont get easy access to phone chargers! For day to day use, just keep it in your bag/briefcase, and it shouldn't ever be a problem.
3rd April 2012, 11:02 PM |#155  
Senior Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 101
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OysterCatcheRR

I never even knew the capabilities of external batteries, until now, but they seem fantastic! I ordered this 7000mah one from Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arcadia-Exte...pr_product_top

And it should give me 3 full recharges, which will be invaluable to me as I go backpacking and climbing quite often and dont get easy access to phone chargers! For day to day use, just keep it in your bag/briefcase, and it shouldn't ever be a problem.

I prefer those that do not need a cable:

Always have one like that in my bag, just a slightly longer version.
4th April 2012, 01:18 AM |#156  
SamStone's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangkok, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
I just bought my One X a week or so ago and while I would have preferred a removable battery, battery life seems good with my One X. About the same as my Sensation XL and much better than the original Sensation. I'm able to get about 1-1/2 days out of the battery with normal usage.
4th April 2012, 02:23 AM |#157  
joshnichols189's Avatar
Senior Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,400
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxploration

AFAIK, it's LiPo, not Li-Ion.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------



The charging light doesn't actually indicate a completely fully charge, just a mostly full charge. Leave the charger plugged in a few hours more and it'll top off to 100%.

No.. the phone charges to 100%, then goes off the charger down to around 95%, then charges again to 100% so it doesn't overcharge. Leaving it on a few extra hours won't actually do anything as it will just repeat this cycle.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
Last edited by joshnichols189; 4th April 2012 at 02:31 AM.
4th April 2012, 02:42 AM |#158  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillaxx

Look at OTA 1.28 thread. Some very good news on battery life

Image shows 1.27 software, 1.28 should be even better I guess...

I'm getting the X thursday, can't wait
Hope they have a sim cutter in the Hi store...
4th April 2012, 02:43 AM |#159  
joshnichols189's Avatar
Senior Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,400
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schriss

I'm not talking about formating or conditioning, but calibrating. I do know battery types quite well. I still believe this was a good info, not bad. Doing the procedure the phone and it's software learns battery characteristics. Any battery calibrating software that lets you reset battery stats will ask you to do that procedure. You do it to have accurate battery level information.

For those unaware, an info on how to calibrate battery: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...y-calibration/

Battery stats are reset every time the phone charges to 100%

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
4th April 2012, 03:00 AM |#160  
Senior Member
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshnichols189

Battery stats are reset every time the phone charges to 100%

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

LIES
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes